Weight bearing tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcamzr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wondering if anyone has any experience with a weight bearing tonneau cover? I have been looking at Renegade model but was wondering just how much of a good idea this is. I am thinking of getting one for a couple reasons. One help keep baseball equipment more secure when traveling to tournaments. And two I was thinking of loading an ATV or snowmobile on it a few times a year. My concern is the weight of the tonneau cover and the load on it is distributed though out the bed rails. Question is, how much weight can they support and for how long, and what kind of issues could I creat? Thanks for the help, Mike.

WFO2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a diamondback HD on order and it is rated for 1600 ponds load capacity . Check then out. They are pricey tho .

Miles777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 litre
Wondering if anyone has any experience with a weight bearing tonneau cover? I have been looking at Renegade model but was wondering just how much of a good idea this is. I am thinking of getting one for a couple reasons. One help keep baseball equipment more secure when traveling to tournaments. And two I was thinking of loading an ATV or snowmobile on it a few times a year. My concern is the weight of the tonneau cover and the load on it is distributed though out the bed rails. Question is, how much weight can they support and for how long, and what kind of issues could I creat? Thanks for the help, Mike.
I've had a Diamondback cover for many years, moving it from a 2010 Nissan Titan to my 2020 RAM Bighorn. I put my Polaris X2 quad on it. https://diamondbackcovers.com/collections/cover