Well it's done Finally, 414 c.i.d. stroker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragracefan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After a year of tinkering and playing around and spending money, it's finally done. All I need to do its get ahold of FPR when finances get caught up and get it tuned. All I have now is a Diablo Tuner and i have it on the 91 octane tune.

IMG_E0280.JPG IMG_0566.JPG IMG_0567.JPG IMG_0577.JPG IMG_0625.JPG

Last edited:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Probably 4" and 0.040 over.

I would be very very careful revving it like that with no real tune.

And diablo? Do you mean sct? Diablo is the later hemi stuff

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Just noticed, 2 things you might want to consider are your coil and your injectors. Those msd coils are notoriously unreliable and you're in the territory where factory injectors start becoming insufficient. Most move to a 30lb/hr piece. That'll depend on the head/cam setup you're running

OP
OP
dragracefan

dragracefan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanna apologize for the late replies, I thought I got a email when somebody posts on the thread.

I did .060 over with the Scat stroker kit, when I ordered it they gave me a option, The tuner I have is a SCT diablo I bought from Summit racing before the motor took a crap.

I personally never had issues with the MSD coils, but anything can happen.

Injectors are new and I bought what FPR told me to get, of the top of my head I don't remember what lb they are. even with what I have its running to rich, my tail pipes are black from soot. and the plugs are greyish black, not the nice light tan they should be.

Yea it will be my daily driver and right now I'm only doing about 45 miles a week on it, it's ok part throttle and his has some get up and go. I defiantly notice it now, as a matter of fact my buddy has a 99 and now he is saving money up.

The exhaust note, very deep and throaty just the old muscle cars and it defiantly turns heads the few times I drove it. I got many questions and complements o0n how it runs and sounds.

Hopefully in about a month will be able to call up FPR and get that ball rolling.

I will tell this weekend the 180 thermostat is coming out and going back to the 195, the heat sucks.

bigdodge

Reaction score
Not sure how much vacuum ur pulling at idle but with mine it's about 12-10 and the stock pcv valve will start sticking after a few months. So with that it will start dying at stops. With less vacuum it just has a hard time with the weight of the pcv valve. Just something to keep in mind if u start having that issue. It really is a great engine!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dragracefan

dragracefan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you very much.

The funny thing is that I had the rich problem with old motor and the M1 intake, short term and long term numbers are way in the negative. I at first thought is was due to the old motor turning to crap, burning oil bad, cracked heads and just tired. I have bought 6 factory PCV valves just to have, a while ago I had that was part of my oil consumption problem using aftermarket parts. but that wasn't the issue.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I wanna apologize for the late replies, I thought I got a email when somebody posts on the thread.

I did .060 over with the Scat stroker kit, when I ordered it they gave me a option, The tuner I have is a SCT diablo I bought from Summit racing before the motor took a crap.

I personally never had issues with the MSD coils, but anything can happen.

Injectors are new and I bought what FPR told me to get, of the top of my head I don't remember what lb they are. even with what I have its running to rich, my tail pipes are black from soot. and the plugs are greyish black, not the nice light tan they should be.

Yea it will be my daily driver and right now I'm only doing about 45 miles a week on it, it's ok part throttle and his has some get up and go. I defiantly notice it now, as a matter of fact my buddy has a 99 and now he is saving money up.

The exhaust note, very deep and throaty just the old muscle cars and it defiantly turns heads the few times I drove it. I got many questions and complements o0n how it runs and sounds.

Hopefully in about a month will be able to call up FPR and get that ball rolling.

I will tell this weekend the 180 thermostat is coming out and going back to the 195, the heat sucks.
Sct and diablo are two separate companies lol. No big deal though sounds like you have the sct you need, especially if you're dealing with FRP.

Yeah the injectors it's best to go with what he recommends. He's tuned a lot of these. Stock will handle a lot more than people realize and it doesn't sound like you went crazy with compression and heads/cam. Sounds like you have a fun nice driver there!

Ive been running a 180 for awhile now myself and yeah the heat sucks. I have a winter grille cover and have my fans set to come on at 195. It doesn't reach that unless it's like 40 degrees outside and i let it idle for awhile lol

OP
OP
dragracefan

dragracefan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK so I'm stupid I kept shooting of the top of my head, what I originally purchased a Superchips Flashpaq Tuner # 4845 a year and a half ago from Summit Racing. I recently bought a SCT 9550 PCM Flash Tool Chrysler/Dodge from eBay and I still need to install the AEM Electronics wideband Air/Fuel UEGO Gauge part# 30-4110. so i can download data and send it to FPR.

OP
OP
dragracefan

dragracefan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope so, I even bought the pod adapter that goes on top of the steering column trim that looks factory.

I have a question for dapepper9, when you installed your M1 did you notice the truck running rich and have pop backs thru the throttle body before the tune?

I had the M1 on my old motor when I got rid of the oil consumption problem 6 years ago, and even then I had the same problem with the pop back's thru the throttle body.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I had none of those. No noticeable change in a/f ratio via nose or visuals on plugs or tailpipe. Same with the superchips installed

bigdodge

Reaction score
Fuel sync is set by turning the distributor while have a scan tool plugged in showing position.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Fuel sync is set by turning the distributor while have a scan tool plugged in showing position.

Which is why i asked what or how he did. Seen similar issues with throttlebody backfire before with improper sync

bigdodge

Reaction score
Which is why i asked what or how he did. Seen similar issues with throttlebody backfire before with improper sync
Oh, gotcha. It is a pain to set for sure but is critical.

OP
OP
dragracefan

dragracefan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I used the snap on scanner and did the fuel/spark sync. The funny thing is when I put the M1 on the old motor it did the same thing and i never had the distributor out of the engine