Well This Sucks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Odin

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Screw it. Snapped a pic now.

Not much difference. Once you've seen one cut stock spray painted black antenna I'm pretty sure you've seen them all. Lol1a24358668b6c16fe386903e0f2f8428.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i got this little sucker a few weeks ago at canadiantire here in canada but I'm guessing the brand is available in a lot of places:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/e2-rubber-replacement-mast-0350095p.html#srp

Not for everyone. the bottom 3 inches are hard plastic and the top is a flexible hip antenna that easily flips back in the breeze of driving (restores to straight up at stand or slow drive). I kept the stock antenna and may make a shorty out of it one day. But why I like this one is a) it was cheap b) reception of am and fm is excellent) c) most importantly, I don't need to put a hole in my truck cover to use it. It just bends over a little as needed, no damage to it or cover. I would remove an antenna everytime before I punched a hole in a cover. I did that with my motorbike cover and never again. it's a pain in the butt and I don't like the leak point.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
No, even shorties can have good reception, IF you buy a quality one that is wound properly for the radio wave 1/4 length. That is where the reception comes from NOT the length of the shaft !! Also the actual antenna is INSIDE the OEM shaft, not the shaft itself. And the curled wire around the shaft is for stability of the shaft, has NOTHING to do with reception. A properly wound shorty will get great reception, if you can find one that is.
The wound wire has nothing to do with stability. It is to help air wrap around it making it less of a source of noise.

electraflh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 dodge ram daytona
Engine
hemi 5.7
same thing happened to my 05 daytona, bought a new cable off ebay 25-30 bucks, new cable pluged in behind kickpanel, and the old came out same, screwed stock mast on screw2 assy and droped it down fender and was able to grab end pull grommet into place pluged in cable snapped kickpanel back in place, put chrome holder and nut on mast and lifted mast and thightened, i think it took 20 minutes

JjLuv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, take the Ol PW through the car wash today and some how, a thin spinning piece of cloth breaks my stubby antenna. Try to take the piece out and the sucker won't turn. So unscrew the silver retention plate on the antenna piece to try and get a better grip and WHAM! Soon as retention plate comes off, the entire antenna assembly fell into the fender... Now I can't find the damn thing to fish it out. Short of taking the fender off, which I'm not gonna do cause truck is under warranty and that piece shouldn't have fallen down in there cause I know that assembly has 2 hooks, does anyone have any ideas? Otherwise, it'll go to dealership to get taken care of. dc7ac3c469ff789408eba09bb73d7070.jpg36e45534c32e92c95a4a755844a352ea.jpg

The big sign says takeoff your antenna or it could break

OP
OP
Odin

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
The big sign says takeoff your antenna or it could break
Yup, but CravenSpeed says their antennas are car wash safer due to low profile.