Well we bought a Jeep.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It came to a point to where our 19 Pacifica was becoming a safety concern with the way it would fall on its face. Pound for Pound they are great for around town, but they really struggle on the freeway. So I was in the dealership getting the oil changed in the Pacifica. "free oil changes because it was a lease" Anyways I walked into the showroom and saw a what I thought was a Wagoner. No it was the all new Grand Cherokee L. I snapped a few pictures of it for the wife and called it a day. Well after nearly getting hit three times last Friday I told her we would go look at one first of the week. We went in and well of course she falls in love and I am trying to work a deal so we can get it where we want payment wise. Finally happens around 3 pm. I tell them dont dealer prep it so that I don't have to deal with more work of correction on my end. I was up at 6 starting the process. Mega Foamed it, used Adams wheel cleaner, Adams rubber cleaner, Correct the very few swirls and imperfections, with Adams Swirl and Scratch remover. I personally like Chemical Guys V38 for the polish as I find it really brings out a beautiful shine. I did all of the paint, and wheels. Cleaned all the black trim and then I used Adams Advanced Graphene Coating to every inch of the exterior. Super easy to work with and I love the lasting protection it gives. For the interior I used Chemical Guys leather cleaner and the Adams leather conditioner. I really like the Adams interior detailer as well. It gives this one a very nice subtle appearance. For the tires I really like Adams Graphene tire shine. Any ways here are some before and afters.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.24.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.24.31 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.24.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.24.40 AM.png
    857.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.24.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.24.48 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.24.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.24.56 AM.png
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.25.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.25.10 AM.png
    813.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.25.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.25.22 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.25.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.25.32 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.25.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.25.42 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 32

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
It came to a point to where our 19 Pacifica was becoming a safety concern with the way it would fall on its face. Pound for Pound they are great for around town, but they really struggle on the freeway. So I was in the dealership getting the oil changed in the Pacifica. "free oil changes because it was a lease" Anyways I walked into the showroom and saw a what I thought was a Wagoner. No it was the all new Grand Cherokee L. I snapped a few pictures of it for the wife and called it a day. Well after nearly getting hit three times last Friday I told her we would go look at one first of the week. We went in and well of course she falls in love and I am trying to work a deal so we can get it where we want payment wise. Finally happens around 3 pm. I tell them dont dealer prep it so that I don't have to deal with more work of correction on my end. I was up at 6 starting the process. Mega Foamed it, used Adams wheel cleaner, Adams rubber cleaner, Correct the very few swirls and imperfections, with Adams Swirl and Scratch remover. I personally like Chemical Guys V38 for the polish as I find it really brings out a beautiful shine. I did all of the paint, and wheels. Cleaned all the black trim and then I used Adams Advanced Graphene Coating to every inch of the exterior. Super easy to work with and I love the lasting protection it gives. For the interior I used Chemical Guys leather cleaner and the Adams leather conditioner. I really like the Adams interior detailer as well. It gives this one a very nice subtle appearance. For the tires I really like Adams Graphene tire shine. Any ways here are some before and afters.
Glad to see you stayed in "The Family"! LOL

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad to see you stayed in "The Family"! LOL
Thanks! I had to really work that one, but she is really happy. They only had one in the color and seat configuration we needed. Thank God Jeep made this one, she was about to jump ship lol. I guess I need to get a new white charger lol.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh and the best part we are part of the Jeep wave club. Free membership for all Jeep owners...200.gif

Last edited:

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a fan of the new body style, but it looks shiny! I might have to try that tire shine. Do you get any sling or weird tire coloring after it washes off in the rain?

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Aren't both the pacifica and the GC using the 3.6 pentastar?

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not a fan of the new body style, but it looks shiny! I might have to try that tire shine. Do you get any sling or weird tire coloring after it washes off in the rain?
Once it dries so usually like an hour it has no sling which I really like. You can choose your level of shine I like it shiny so I do 6 sprays per tire on my tire applicator.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Aren't both the pacifica and the GC using the 3.6 pentastar?
Yes, but the Pacifica does not have an option for sport mode or anything to help it go. We had two and the L we had first was pretty good. Just no bells and whistles. So I got her the Touring L and it was a hunk of junk start to finish.

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
There is a motive dealers have for those free oil changes. You keep coming and while waiting you just walk about and "just Looking" at the new cars & trucks/ I know I got suckered by my own self a couple of times.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a motive dealers have for those free oil changes. You keep coming and while waiting you just walk about and "just Looking" at the new cars & trucks/ I know I got suckered by my own self a couple of times.
This is true. We were already looking as our lease was up next July. Really just trying to figure out what to get next when I saw this one. Wife was wanting to jump ship and go with a Cadillac XT7, Subaru Ascent, or the Toyota Highlander. We had already looked at a few at the lot we bought from, it all just worked out that way.