Wet Driver's Side Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HunterCat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
This morning, I rolled down my driver's side window and it came back up wet on the exterior. It rained a couple of days ago but the truck otherwise seems dry. Tried the passenger window and it comes up dry. I've noticed this another time as well. Truck only has about 2,200 miles on it.

I didn't roll the window down while it was wet during the rain. It appears that the moisture is in two columns on the exterior of the window as if whatever is contacting the glass to raise and lower it is holding water.

Just wanted to see if this is normal during colder months and if anyone else noticed this on their truck.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's normal for some water to leak by the weatherstripping, there are drain holes on the bottom for it to drain out. It's possible that the weatherstripping is bad. If it's not ripped and is tight against the window then I wouldn't worry too much.

OP
OP
H

HunterCat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Thanks. The weatherstripping looks good to me. It makes sense that water will work it's way in and needs a way to escape so I checked the bottom of the door quickly but didn't notice any drain holes.

I was just concerned that moisture would be trapped inside the door and cause an issue over time. I'll keep an eye on it.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks. The weatherstripping looks good to me. It makes sense that water will work it's way in and needs a way to escape so I checked the bottom of the door quickly but didn't notice any drain holes.

I was just concerned that moisture would be trapped inside the door and cause an issue over time. I'll keep an eye on it.
Pull the weatherstripping back a little on the bottom of the door to expose the drains , sometimes the seal covers them and prevents draining.

OP
OP
H

HunterCat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Pull the weatherstripping back a little on the bottom of the door to expose the drains , sometimes the seal covers them and prevents draining.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. We had a heavy rain last night so I'll see what I get out of there.

bigdodge

Reaction score
Some have reported sloshing in their doors from so much water in the door. Usually caused by something blocking the drains.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
when i changed the color on my 2016 Ram, i took pix

hQ68Gx.jpg