Wet headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mzyski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I am picking my truck from the dealer today for a water leak for the 3rd time. Its just enough to wet the headliner on the rear passenger side. They resealed the antenna the first time, then a seal on the roof the second, now they replaced the rear window completely for hopefully the last.

On a positive not I just ordered a Borla Atak system for the truck. LOL

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It’s incredible that this problem continues to exist. Have they replaced the wet areas?

2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guessing the OP has a 2019 Classic...Possibly the 3rd brake light gasket is the culprit??

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I was going to say I'm surprised they are doing all that before replacing the 3rd brake light, which is usually the cause of this problem.

OP
OP
M

mzyski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a new body style 19. They cleaned the headliner each time. I'm just waiting for that to fail as well.

I hope it really is the window. I really do not want to go back for the fourth time.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a new body style 19. They cleaned the headliner each time. I'm just waiting for that to fail as well.

I hope it really is the window. I really do not want to go back for the fourth time.

Well if that doesn't fix it, I think we would all recommend looking at the third brake light seal. I think I'd also recommend fixing that myself (as I had to on my current truck after I bought it), just don't trust the work that's done at dealerships, so for something cheap/easy to fix on your own, I'd go that route.

OP
OP
M

mzyski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well if that doesn't fix it, I think we would all recommend looking at the third brake light seal. I think I'd also recommend fixing that myself (as I had to on my current truck after I bought it), just don't trust the work that's done at dealerships, so for something cheap/easy to fix on your own, I'd go that route.

Sounds like the best isii since it has taken 3 times (so far) to fix the leak. Also now I have a dent and scuff from them they are also addressing while they have it.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like the best isii since it has taken 3 times (so far) to fix the leak. Also now I have a dent and scuff from them they are also addressing while they have it.

It's sad so many dealers have such poor service departments, makes many of us just handle smaller things ourselves and only bring it in if it needs high dollar repairs under warranty. There's some good ones out there but certainly not around my area. Best of luck with it I hope you find the permanent fix soon, I know how frustrating it can be to come out to water puddles behind your seats.

OP
OP
M

mzyski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's sad so many dealers have such poor service departments, makes many of us just handle smaller things ourselves and only bring it in if it needs high dollar repairs under warranty. There's some good ones out there but certainly not around my area. Best of luck with it I hope you find the permanent fix soon, I know how frustrating it can be to come out to water puddles behind your seats.

Yes it's very frustrating. I'm just hoping it will be resolved soon or they can buy it back.

They called me Wednesday and said that it's still leaking in same spot after the new window. Now they pulled it again, resealed and water testing tomorrow.

Unreal.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it's very frustrating. I'm just hoping it will be resolved soon or they can buy it back.

They called me Wednesday and said that it's still leaking in same spot after the new window. Now they pulled it again, resealed and water testing tomorrow.

Unreal.

Wow, yeah I can't blame you for wanting a buyback at this point. If they can't fix it after that many tries it only seems fair they offer that, hopefully that happens. I would still do the third brake light just to try, seems a lot easier than continuing to replace the window.

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If they haven't bought the truck back from you & it's still leaking, I'll tell you what was found to be wrong on mine & you may have the same issue. On my 3rd trip to the dealer, there was a Chrysler rep to assist the technician & they found a body seam right at the rear window that had enough of a gap to leak. This was after the leak ruined a Radio Frequency Hub Module, so I had problems with the truck not wanting to start up....or turn off! I had to have it towed to the dealership because of that. They also replaced the 3rd brake light twice. I haven't seen my headliner be wet after a rain storm since they found the body seam leak.