- Oct 16, 2019
- Reaction score
- Ram Year
- HEMI 5.7
Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.
Sorry to hear about the cancer.A bit off topic but being about tools and who likes what ....
I've got a few thousand dollars worth of hand tools including carpentry, plumbing, mechanic, plus the usual battery powered tools, electric tools, air tools and you name it ! Probably a thousand items or more.
I'd say that 80% are excellent condition and the remaining 20% is good condition. I don't own any broken or junk. The collection is housed in 13 tool boxes/tubs, etc.
Cancer has decided that I will not be in need of these tools or much of anything else, for that matter.
What would be a way to sell used tools as described in a bulk way as opposed to selling individual items piece meal ?
Any suggestions would be appreciated !
Milwaukee all the wayI have been full circle on this topic myself. Decades back I bought an 18v Makita drill / driver when they were fairly new to the market. I have abused it many times doing things it really shouldn’t like hole saws and concrete drilling yet it has never faltered.
These days I no longer use tools to make money, more the opposite. Working on things is something I enjoy and I do appreciate the feel of a quality tool. A few years back I decided to start investing in cordless as I replaced air or 120v corded tools.
I did some research at the time, and team Red looked more affordable and available, so I bought a couple of Milwaukee pieces. Didn’t think they were as well built as the blue, so when some thieving ****** stole most of those, I gave away the remainder and started fresh with DeWalt. Which have served OK so far, emphasis on “okay”. Under heavy use -beyond their reasonable use to be fair- they don’t push through like the old Makita does.
A while back while on the road I needed a drill for a lightweight task, so I picked up the cheapest thing I could find, a Ryobi. Got the job done, and it’s well worth the price paid. However it’s a grade below the red and yellow in my opinion.
So, this week I decided to spend some more money on blue. When I started the cordless conversion I expected to eventually toss out the old Makita. But it’s still reliable, and the best quality of the bunch I feel. Got a compact 1/2” impact on the way to see of the new stuff is as well built as the old.
If you read this far, I salute you as a fellow tool nut. But isn’t tool use what separates us from the animals? So, what’s your favorite and why?
All of my larger Ryobi batteries have charge indicators built into them. The smallest ones do not. I do like being able to gauge how much charge is left in a battery as well.I converted from DeWalt to Milwaukee years ago. The Milwaukee has little "fuel" gauges on the batteries, so you don't go crawling all to hell and gone and find out that there is no juice in it. And they are virtually unbreakable. And accurate.
Then a friend showed up with a cordless DeWalt worm drive saw. I must admit it is professional grade. His DeWalt blower has more oomph than the Milwaukie too. But I am not using them as often or as hard as I used to anymore, so I will stick with the Milwaukee platform. And I think that Milwaukee may still be (slightly) superior for drills (especially Hole-hawgs etc.)