What’s your honest opinion on the new 2019 look?

Like or Dislike the new look?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xACRx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sorry, I’m not a fan of the new look. Basically, everything they changed to give it a fresh look is ugly. I don’t like the grill, the chrome around the headlights, the rear tailights with the black in the middle, the new rear stepped bumper with cheesy plastic around the exhaust, the new rounded dash, the new steering wheel with the big gap at the bottom, and even the new gauges are ugly. The only cool thing is the new large touch screen and new sliding glass roof. The hood I can live with. Ram has lost its bold styling and is trying to make the 1500 more like a car. How many guys actually put 22’s on a 4x4? I think 20’s look real nice and thats as far as I would go. Guys, tell me what you like or dislike as well. I’m curious if current Ram owners feel the same way as I do.

98F1D0DD-7B5D-4475-9F36-4D4D834192A5.png

79BA80CE-2C5B-4637-B6C6-2F78A43DCD6C.png

88D324F2-C43E-4E5B-BDEA-2600511A6895.png

F09F3D96-3630-4361-AE29-93470B9CCB32.png

D93C3135-6453-48D8-B50C-908A9DC2D2D4.png

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This issue is beaten to death consistently. There are those of us that love it. And those users that hate it. I think the Laramie is my favorite happy place as I think the Limited has too much chrome and the headlights are slightly different on several of the models. The old model was outdated and wasn’t going to keep pace with the changing landscape. I like the steering wheel, it is in line with all of FCA’s other vehicles. The dash needed to be updated and again is different depending on the level of truck you purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been a Ford truck guy all my life.

I own a 2019 Laramie now.

The only thing that was making me hesitant to buy a 19 Ram was the hope they could introduce a bigger/more powerful engine down the road. Outside of that I really do like the exterior look, outside of the chrome, and the interior was very nice and practical.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What I don't understand is why so many people who don't like the 5th Gen, feel the need to come on to the 5th Gen section to tell us all who have them (and obviously like the look) that they don't like how they look.

That's fine. Free country. Stay with your 4th Gen truck. No biggie. I love the updated look myself. And the way it drives is so much better than my previous trucks. But thanks for letting me know you disagree. Cheers!

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just noticed that the original post was from someone who just joined and this is their first (and only) post so far. Is it a member who created a 2nd account to stay anonymous? Or did someone really feel the need to join a forum to let us all know he doesn't like the new style. Pretty funny.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
I think it is someone from Ram marketing department trying to get us to switch to the "classic" model LOL

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
This is my theory, the ones who complain about the new styling may be the ones who can’t afford it so they bash it. As for the reason why would you put 22’s on a truck is for the same reasons someone would put a 6” lift on a truck.......BECAUSE I CAN. :boxing::boxing:

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Well that was a fun read. Your money your truck is how I feel about it. The 2019 inside is BAD ASS! But I’m Stuck with an ole 4th gen for a while anyways. Or till I see what the 2500 looks like :favorites37:

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
What I don't understand is why so many people who don't like the 5th Gen, feel the need to come on to the 5th Gen section to tell us all who have them (and obviously like the look) that they don't like how they look.

That's fine. Free country. Stay with your 4th Gen truck. No biggie. I love the updated look myself. And the way it drives is so much better than my previous trucks. But thanks for letting me know you disagree. Cheers!
I like to creep on you 5th gen’ers to see what’s up lol.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This is my theory, the ones who complain about the new styling may be the ones who can’t afford it so they bash it. As for the reason why would you put 22’s on a truck is for the same reasons someone would put a 6” lift on a truck.......BECAUSE I CAN. :boxing::boxing:

Not sure it has anything to do with money. Different strokes for different folks. But, I do think that there are enough of these threads where another doesn’t need to be made.

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Personally never liked the old body style or interior. I would not have bought my 2019 ram if it didn’t change. Loving it.

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Agreed to each their own. I love it. I’ve gotten A LOT of compliments on the 22” wheels that you can get on the Limited. I think it just adds more to the truck but that’s just my opinion.

I’ve owned a lot of new cars and this is BY FAR the one I have enjoyed getting in and driving the most. Not even a comparison. Everyone that has been inside mine has been blown away by it as well.

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not sure it has anything to do with money. Different strokes for different folks. But, I do think that there are enough of these threads where another doesn’t need to be made.

That’s was just me poking fun......don’t know what people can or can’t afford. Personally I like the new styling. Just wish they would come out with a performance trim level, scat pack, 392, something to spice it up a little

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To the OP......I like the 2019’s and I just bought a new 2017, so how do you reconcile that? Seriously the 19 looks better in person than photographs show and no reason to criticize so harshly. Owners here seem pretty happy.

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From the windshield on back the truck looks fine. Interior is great. The front end needs fixed asap. Get rid of the brow and the the hood badges at the very least. The grills on the upper trim models are very generic. They would look at home on a GMC.