What’s your honest opinion on the new 2019 look?

Like or Dislike the new look?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
looks just like the new Tundras in my opinion. Ford and Chevy both have those huge front ends now which I don't like. I'm running out of options if I want a new 1500, lol. Guess its 2500 time

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
looks like its not sure if it wants to be a Tundra or a GM . No more distinct look

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Look at the new Ford Ranger, front ends look pretty darned close. Same with the Tundra. I think they really took away Ram’s distinct look and identity with this change. Now they look like so many other trucks.....

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the interior helps sell them since they’re a huge step above what the other manufacturer have to offer especially for the price. Let’s be honest that’s what most buyers want, they’ll spend more time behind the wheel then outside staring at it. I’ve said it before I like everything about it except the front end.. it got rid of what a made a ram stand out from every other truck and now looks to Toyota inspired. Not to say in 5 years or so I wouldn’t buy one but by then I’m sure the aftermarket would have several parts available to make it my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
I needed to stop by my dealer today, so of course I looked around the lot. I wanted to scope out the 19's again. They had a pile of them parked in with the new 18's, and I'm sorry, they are just fugly.

Again, the best interior on the market, but I can't get past that generic Toyota look. The proportions are all off too. Has a massive crew cab, and a tiny little bed. Just doesn't look right to me.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I needed to stop by my dealer today, so of course I looked around the lot. I wanted to scope out the 19's again. They had a pile of them parked in with the new 18's, and I'm sorry, they are just fugly.

Again, the best interior on the market, but I can't get past that generic Toyota look. The proportions are all off too. Has a massive crew cab, and a tiny little bed. Just doesn't look right to me.
I wonder if they scaled up the quad cab too?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I thought I read somewhere that quad cabs weren't available yet?
Now that you say that I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any or heard of them being talked about.

I always like the crew cab size but prefer the quad cab overall dimensions relative to the rest of the truck

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually don't mind the look of the truck in it's entirety.....kinda growing on me. I've been driving my 2012 for about 7 years and am ready for something new. This is what I'm looking at now and if it's still on the lot this weekend, I'm going to buy it. 2019 Laramie CC.

upload_2018-8-15_22-44-38.png

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
The new 1500 looks better in person than in pictures, I think. Also, out of all the other brands current models I still like the new Ram’s look the best. It is the cleanest design and still does look the toughest. From spy shots and speculation it looks like the 5th gen HD will have a slightly different front end from the 1500 with more similarities to the 4th gen like more pronounced drop fenders and a bigger grill. So we may yet see a more traditional looking Ram out of that. It could just be clever use of camo. But I think Ram will do like they did with the 4th gen and make the HD a little different up front.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Coming into a large sum soon and was thinking of buying a 5th gen HD and came here to ask what people like better. 4th or 5th. Now I'm just disappointed because I didnt realize 5th HD arnt out yet:banghead:. Now the question is do I wait or just go for the 4th gen. Though I probably already know the answer because I'm really impatient :D

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
I like the 2019's, but at this point I like the 2009-2018 look a little better. Then again, the new look hasn't really "grown" on me yet.

cm102068

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500 Big Horn Brilliant Black
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It looks like a Challenger. It's growing on me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
I really like the 19 Laramie! It would be nice to have the chrome grill color matched to the truck and keep the chrome bumper IMO.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is not bad, but I like the look of the 4th gen a lot better, not a fan of the big bling bling, but that’s across other platforms for me, too many cues into previous years Silverado, Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra,etc, RAMs always looked like RAMs until the 2019 model came along, the designer should have thought about that, oh well, can’t make everybody happy I guess, sales will tell the tale.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Lol oh I totally agree as I also loved the look of the 4th generation more. Unfortunately I needed the interior room afforded by the 2019 for my current situation. I’m trying to numb down that current front, but being that it’s soo new, getting hold of parts right now is a chore.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Coming into a large sum soon and was thinking of buying a 5th gen HD and came here to ask what people like better. 4th or 5th. Now I'm just disappointed because I didnt realize 5th HD arnt out yet:banghead:. Now the question is do I wait or just go for the 4th gen. Though I probably already know the answer because I'm really impatient :D

I would suck it up and wait lol. It is only a few months till they reveal the truck in January. Then you will know if you want it or not. From a performance standpoint the 5th gen will absolutely be better. Especially in the gasser version.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
the more i think about it, because its such a large purchase and i dont want to regret it, i might just wait so i can compare. model year changes always have me on the fence though. so many changes without previous years to improve upon. that might just be me being paranoid though.