What Air Compressor do you carry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamdomOverlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So just Iike everyone else and their mother, I've been trying to get my hands on a Maxitrac. Which I guess have been out of stock for a while with no indication that it might be available any time soon. So I did a little more research and I'm leaning towards either Morrflate or EZflate. Any suggestions?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Costco knock off copy of a Viair that has done well but the Moreflate or ARB is on my wish list for sure.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I have a Milwaukee 18V that I carry. I have other Milwaukee tools & batteries In the truck all the time.

OP
OP
R

RamdomOverlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Costco knock off copy of a Viair that has done well but the Moreflate or ARB is on my wish list for sure.
Been doing research and ARB while popular, just seems far more expensive and Less efficient than many air compressors out there. The only advantage I can see going with the ARB Twin comp is that you can use it as an air locker as well

OP
OP
R

RamdomOverlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a **** trac that I bought just to assess. But I don’t carry it. Too bulky and heavy. I carry a Viair V400. When I’m off road a bunch I carry CO2; faster by far than anything else portable.
I'd be interested in your MaxiTrac if you want to get rid of it

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I carry a compressor from a Ram Promaste van. I work on a fleet of Promaster van's and before they get put into service we have to go through the van and remove literally everything from it. The spare tire, jack, a screw in tow hook, owners manual and the air compressor kit it comes with also gets removed. Once removed they are fair game to us employees so we snag them. They work really well. Its got a slime sealer injector but i dont and never will use that stuff20230306_224241.jpg

Last edited:

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
viair 400p. i'm considering getting another one and a fist full of plugs and puncture tools.i keep swapping mine from the truck to the side by side to the atv and more times than not i forget to grab it before hitting the trails.i also put tireject in the orv's tires because i keep forgetting it.

MarkMac77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I carry a Smittybilt compressor, the higher volume model (not the small one). I’ve been using it for a decade. It’s been reliable, and worked well with every vehicle, except one newer Chevy Silverdo work truck where the power draw would make the pickup’s alarm intermittently beep (even running).

Daniel Ortiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi V8
I carry a Smittybilt compressor, the higher volume model (not the small one). I’ve been using it for a decade. It’s been reliable, and worked well with every vehicle, except one newer Chevy Silverdo work truck where the power draw would make the pickup’s alarm intermittently beep (even running).

+1 on the Smittybilt 2781 Air Compressor. It's pricey, but solid and still not as expensive as an ARB compressor. I've only used it a handful of times, but it's always in my truck's tool box ready to go.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use a small battery and 12v powered compressor. It's programmable and light and best of all, it was free thanks to the Amazon Vine program.
BUVAYE Tire Inflator Portable Air Compressor, 150PSI Fast Tire Inflator & Cordless, Portable Air Compressor For Car Tires, Motorcycles, Bikes, Balls, Air Pump For Car Tires https://a.co/d/fLWMZxN

Laps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ViAir. I carry it with the truck when I'm exploring off road and doing overlanding trips.

2Tallguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
So just Iike everyone else and their mother, I've been trying to get my hands on a Maxitrac. Which I guess have been out of stock for a while with no indication that it might be available any time soon. So I did a little more research and I'm leaning towards either Morrflate or EZflate. Any suggestions?
I've had a Viair 400P for 23 years. It's never let me down.

Hippy43

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have the ViAir RV setup. I happened to catch it on sale years ago and have been pretty happy with it. I'm not great with the plastic wrap hoses but, again, never had any issues with it.
VIAIR 450P- 45053 RV Silver Automatic Portable Compressor Kit, 1 Pack, Tire Pump, Truck/SUV Tire Inflator, For up to 42 Inch Tires https://a.co/d/efoXvwL

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use a Slime Tire Repair System. The compressor has filled several hundred tires over the last 15 years. Everything from Golf Carts to medium sized Tractor Tires.