What All Season Tire for 2018 Big Horn? (Yes, Another Tire Thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
$1 dollar for that last tire!??? That's 100 cents ....C'Mon!! That 3rd tire is 'free' on a Fleet Farm sale! :DLOL

I bought some tires from the local small-town GM dealer last year on a similar deal they were running. Plus there was a tire mfgr rebate. It all worked out great. The nice thing is they have a brand new Road Force tire balancer & Changer, and the guys know how to use it. I took my old wheels in when they weren't very busy (that's how I like to do it) and it was me and 4 other mechanics working on the tires, and BS'ing. They did a great job.

Pirelli Scorpion ATs: I agree with the post above ...Pirelli makes a real nice tire IMO. I had a set on a different truck for years, 285/75/16 (33"). They wore like iron, smooth and true as could be. I got a ton of miles out of that set. I was really satisfied ...but the tread on that tire was not conducive for good winter/snow driving. Not good at all in the snow. They weren't classified for good snow use either (they were on when I bought the vehicle). When they wore down to 30% they appeared bald and were even worse in the snow. Fortunately it was during covid, didn't drive a lot, and not much snow that winter. But fantastic tire in all other conditions and I'd definitely buy another set of Pirelli's ..esp if I didn't live in the snow belt. But Pirelli has models better suited for snow.

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP....

Sooooo what tires are you 'leaning' towards ...now that we've all bombarded you with a ton of options! LOL

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
OP....

Sooooo what tires are you 'leaning' towards ...now that we've all bombarded you with a ton of options! LOL

The Continental TerrainContact or the Michelin Defenders. I didn't see the Cooper Discoverers you suggested, probably because as you indicated, they are exclusive to Walmart. I would consider the Falken Wildspeak AT3 if I could find some objective data on their noise and comfort level.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those are all good tires. Ask the dealer if any of those mfgr's are running any rebates if you buy a set of 4. Often they do in the fall, outside of a dealer's "special" pricing. That might be an extra bonus.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6

EddyS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hi, I live in northern B. C. and run Nokian tires on all my vehicles, but I run dedicated summer and winter tires. I found them to give the best service and have yet to ever have traction problems with the winter tires, I have never been stuck. I have averaged around 100,000 kilometres for each set and usually replace the winters at around 30 to 40% tread left. The one thing that Nokian does and I like is cast the tread percentage right into the tread itself, don’t know if any other manufacturer does that. They are a little more expensive expensive than some other brands but I feel they are worth the money and my wife likes the security feeling when driving.

slickracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I out Continental LX20’s on my 2018 Big Horn in April. It’s only driven on the street and they super quiet with good road manners. And only $793 out the door with the deal Mopar was running at the time.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If it hasn't been mentioned ,there is a $100 rebate on Cooper tires , took advantage of a $75 rebate on them a couple years ago the Cooper AT3 XLT . To date the best tire i've run on my 2014 3500 .

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Michelin Defender LTX M/S ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2010 2500 5.7 Texas Longhorn edition,,,,On my second set. First set could of gone 85k. 285/70/17
You just have to watch the Ya Hoo's rotating the tires. Discount tire in Texas messed my rotation up which now caused uneven wear. Started marking my tires with sharpie 1,2....2 being the rears and 1 being the front. Discount did not rotate two of my tires and now the wear pattern has set. I also take my metal valve stem caps off before I go....so I can have them after the rotating and not a bunch of mismatched caps. Live and Learn.
Glad to hear I am not the only one that discreetly marks a tire when supposed to be "rotated" to insure done. I also jam up my SA at dealership and not let air hammer kid hammer on lug nuts, make em torque to 130 ft lbs with torque wrench. I also carry a TW in truck and verify and also pop hood and verify oil changes when dealership does. I do this right in front of them. Just me being a BOIRD.