Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you seeing in the way of current extended warranties

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GORDONS, Jan 14, 2021.

Sponsored By: All Mopar Parts
  1. LouM

LouM Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab
    Engine:
    eco diesel
    From what I have heard and read a service contract is no were near like a warranty.
    All work has to be done by them on schedule and is full of loop holes for them to void it.

2. jejb

jejb Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    They all have loopholes, even the factory warranty. But you bring up a good point. Smart folks will read the contract/policy before parting with the money.

3. Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    It depends. There are some pretty sketchy players in the marketplace, and many (I'm tempted to say 'all') mandate arbitration so if they do screw you over you've agreed to not sue them when you signed on. Guess who funds the arbitrators? Guess how many people win in arbitration against the contract provider?

We had a team of people that would probably be called consumer advocates today. Their role was to review cases for customers who were squeaky wheels. People who were willing to make a lot of noise could usually get one of the 'advocates' to actually play by the rules when the initial reps had denied the claim.

4. GORDONS

GORDONS Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I called a different, nearby dealership that has other makes under the same banner (many of them here do that) and this one told me they use a different service provider. He referenced a class action lawsuit against the Max Care product from last year, indicating it steered them to researching other sources and they tied it through their Ford dealership while providing coverage for any of the makes they sell. These are not local dealership warranties, they are national warranties sold by the locals.