What brakes you guys running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Slotted and Dimpled with Auto Zone's ceramic blend, least dust of any of them out there and almost as gripy as carbon fiber. Buy em' once, save the box to put the old one's in, return for a new set for free. You never pay for another set again.
Come on guys, threads suck without pictures! lol
IMG_1298.JPG
IMG_0526.JPG IMG_0527.JPG

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The black wears off the surface the first time you drive them but everywhere the pads don't touch are still black. No pics but they still look like brand new pretty much. Only put about 15 miles on it since I put them on
Good info, thanks.

Greg C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had a original right rear outboard pad frozen in place on a slight angle. This is on my 2018 Ram 3500 HD 6.4 Hemi. Squealed all the time. Actually thought it was the wear indicator. Replaced with Napa PROACT ceramic pads by AKEBONO with new Rotors from Napa. Great pads. When front GI I will replace with the same. Have used Duralast ceramic on my last Ram 1500. They wore great. And what nice is no more dirty rims from wear on pads!!

AZSTEELE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Long Horn
Engine
Cummins HO (ETM)
Any suggestions for rear pads & rotors for 2019 Ram 3500 4x4 DRW ???
Seems to be a Unicorn. I ordered EBC recommended pads & rotors, received 5 days later, don't fit (I assume they might work on SRW). Returned

I have replaced front with PowerStop. Unfortunately PowerStop does not yet have a solution for the rear.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Jerid

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Custom
Engine
5.7L Hemi Etorque
I have used slotted and drilled power stop on all vehicles since 2012. They're amazing, and the customer service is phenomenal. I am burning through my stock brakes then switching to power stop rotors and pads.

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Been using Napa ceramics for years on all my vehicles. No noise issues...some dust build up, but it's not like my trucks don't need washing down anyway.

Just did those on the front of my wife's 2018 Grand Cherokee (did the rears last September) @ ~27-K miles. Also used the NAPA rotors, and everything is working great... at least as well as when brand new. Here in central NY, the salt will rust stuff out like crazy... proper cleaning and application of caliper grease on the sliding surfaces is a must. When the time comes for my truck to get new pads and rotors (almost 38-K since new in 2017 on the OEM parts), I will consider the NAPA or Wagner stuff... can't go wrong with either brand.

Robert Fly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a good midgrade pad from Oriellys for me. Most all of my driving is open country with very little city driving. I do pull a 5th wheel through the mountains of Arizona a lot but rely on transmission and engine braking a lot.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I plan on getting the PowerStop Z23 Evo rotors/callipers/pads/shims package soon.

https://www.powerstop.com/product/power-stop-z23-evolution-brake-kit-calipers/

From what I've read, better braking, less dust, and they'll look a whole lot better behind my Rebel rims than the rusted out OEM's.
Quote: "Dust-free braking performance"
With "Z23 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads"
Total marketing BS, no way, no how!
Best stopping, absolutely and definitely!
No dust? total *********, carbon fiber pads spit out the most dust of any fwiw.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quote: "Dust-free braking performance"
With "Z23 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads"
Total marketing BS, no way, no how!
Best stopping, absolutely and definitely!
No dust? total *********, carbon fiber pads spit out the most dust of any fwiw.

I hear ya. "Less" was the key word in my post. That part really doesn't concern me as much as stopping though. I don't mind washing a little brake dust off the rims as much as I like being able to not run into things.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hear ya. "Less" was the key word in my post. That part really doesn't concern me as much as stopping though. I don't mind washing a little brake dust off the rims as much as I like being able to not run into things.
You'll love em then, just don't slam the wife's face in the dash! lol
They are the best for stopping for sure, I just couldn't live with the dust.

old manS RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just received my Power Stop complete kit three days ago via Fed Ex from Summit Racing. 74K on factory brakes. Last inspection I was told linings were in the 'Yellow Zone'. Blue is scheduled in to a local independent shop mid April for new belts ,hoses and whatever it needs. She is 10 years old and I don't trust old hoses and belts. I went for Power Stop after researching others. I pull an 8,000 pound trailer about 5,000 miles a year so I'm looking to see the difference. Towing ain't so much about the pull... its more about gittin' 'er stopped!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just received my Power Stop complete kit three days ago via Fed Ex from Summit Racing. 74K on factory brakes. Last inspection I was told linings were in the 'Yellow Zone'. Blue is scheduled in to a local independent shop mid April for new belts ,hoses and whatever it needs. She is 10 years old and I don't trust old hoses and belts. I went for Power Stop after researching others. I pull an 8,000 pound trailer about 5,000 miles a year so I'm looking to see the difference. Towing ain't so much about the pull... its more about gittin' 'er stopped!
I

Which power stop model ?

Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just did the front brakes on my 2015 Power Wagon today. My original intent was just to get some better braking performance from the PowerStop pads I've heard so much about. The stock pads still had at about 50% material left but when I pulled apart the front I was glad I decided to do this project. The rotors were in tough shape on the back side with some pitting. The inner pads on both sides were pretty rusty on the backing plate affixed to the pads. The stock setup had 62,000 miles and were almost 6 years old. I used Napa Ultra Premium rotors and hopefully I'll have good luck with the Napa rotors. I may do the rears tomorrow if I have time.

While I was at it I swapped out the brake fluid with new fluid and bled all 4 corners. I swapped out about 2.5 quarts brake fluid. The initial flush from each caliper was pretty nasty looking fluid. I'd say it was the color of Coke/Pespi.