What color are you rocking ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Just my two cents but I really don't get the comments that black is so hard to keep clean. I think white is every bit as bad here in Montana, in fact I think white has a bigger issue with mud splashes on the wheel wells (unless that is the macho look you want). I do think silver is the easiest to have look nice no matter what, but as soon as you get any real color then all the typical problems keeping a truck clean crop up. Dark green, patriot blue, all the steels, black....pretty much the same story. So. I love my black Longhorn Laramie with chrome. Just my two cents. All the trucks on here are delectable. And as I wash it I look deep into those sparkles and I forget my complaints.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just my two cents but I really don't get the comments that black is so hard to keep clean. I think white is every bit as bad here in Montana, in fact I think white has a bigger issue with mud splashes on the wheel wells (unless that is the macho look you want). I do think silver is the easiest to have look nice no matter what, but as soon as you get any real color then all the typical problems keeping a truck clean crop up. Dark green, patriot blue, all the steels, black....pretty much the same story. So. I love my black Longhorn Laramie with chrome. Just my two cents. All the trucks on here are delectable. And as I wash it I look deep into those sparkles and I forget my complaints.

Obviously this is a variable depending on where you live but my biggest problem when I had my black ram was our hard water. You could see it from 10-15 feet out if you didn't get it all hand drying it. Basically leaving the car wash I'd have to hand dry there, then halfway home, and then again at home to have any chance of not seeing water spots everywhere. My last truck was flame red so that hid everything extremely well, never hand dried it once and it always looked great. Only have had my Delmonico red for a few weeks now but that seems to hide it pretty well too, probably won't be hand drying this one much either. Loved the look of the black, just couldn't stand seeing the water marks everywhere.

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Obviously this is a variable depending on where you live but my biggest problem when I had my black ram was our hard water. You could see it from 10-15 feet out if you didn't get it all hand drying it. Basically leaving the car wash I'd have to hand dry there, then halfway home, and then again at home to have any chance of not seeing water spots everywhere. My last truck was flame red so that hid everything extremely well, never hand dried it once and it always looked great. Only have had my Delmonico red for a few weeks now but that seems to hide it pretty well too, probably won't be hand drying this one much either. Loved the look of the black, just couldn't stand seeing the water marks everywhere.
Was that true after the spot free rinse?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was that true after the spot free rinse?

Yes, that doesn't really mean anything around here. I'm not sure many advertise it that way, they'd have to hand dry it for you to do so. And even then, all the water that gets trapped in the mirrors/bed rails etc. will come out on the way home. Hence the stopping halfway home, and then hand drying again at home if you truly wanted it to be spot free. Now, that's just my area in particular, no one advertises it that way because everyone has this very hard water, if your area doesn't have that problem then I wouldn't worry about it as much.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Our water is soo hard around here till there’s a warrant for it’s arrest. :)

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Yes, that doesn't really mean anything around here. I'm not sure many advertise it that way, they'd have to hand dry it for you to do so. And even then, all the water that gets trapped in the mirrors/bed rails etc. will come out on the way home. Hence the stopping halfway home, and then hand drying again at home if you truly wanted it to be spot free. Now, that's just my area in particular, no one advertises it that way because everyone has this very hard water, if your area doesn't have that problem then I wouldn't worry about it as much.

ya I notice when I am in Chandler, AZ over the winter they always go along and airblast to get the water out.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Our water is soo hard around here till there’s a warrant for it’s arrest. :)

Haha, now that is hard!

ya I notice when I am in Chandler, AZ over the winter they always go along and airblast to get the water out.

That would certainly be a nice feature to have. All of ours around here are just the blow dry on the way out, and I go to the best one in our area but still cant do anything about totally drying it unless you do it yourself several times.

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Haha, now that is hard!

That would certainly be a nice feature to have. All of ours around here are just the blow dry on the way out, and I go to the best one in our area but still cant do anything about totally drying it unless you do it yourself several times.
Ya my F150 was the worst as those mouse ears would put out a spray that covered both doors. Total pain.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya my F150 was the worst as those mouse ears would put out a spray that covered both doors. Total pain.

Ah that is the worst, it's tough to keep these things looking up to our standards!

Drew Cardella

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/o eTorque
Had to order mine. Dealer checked 500 mile radius and couldn't find what I was looking for.

2019 Big Horn Cew Cab with 6.4 bed
Bright White
5.7 Hemi (no eTorque)
3.92 rear axle ratio
Electronic Locking Rear Axle
Trailer Tow Group
Level 2 Equipment Group
Premium LED Lighting Group
Sport Appearance Package
Connect 4 with 8.4 inch Dispay
Alpine 9 speaker with sub

I ordered with 18" wheels which was a mistake. I waited over two months for it to arrive was was hugely disappointed when I saw it. IMG_1034.JPG

Negotiated a set of 22" wheels from a Laramie Sport which I can live with until these tires need replacing. At that point it'll get a 4" lift with some ATs

I got really lucky. There was some long, convoluted story that started with a Laramie sport getting some aftermarket XD wheels and tires and the 22s ended up on a Tradesman. I was able to negotiate a deal for them ($500) and am much happier.

IMG_5334.JPG

IMG_9439.JPG

IMG_4167.JPG

IMG_4126.JPG

When these tires are shot I'll probably go with a 4-6" lift and and some ATs

silverWS6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Rocking Max Steel! I'll admit, it wasn't my first color choice. I initially wanted Flame Red then chose against it. Almost went with Granite and didn't seal that deal. Started looking for a Billet Silver to match my Trans Am and finally test drove this one.

I'll also add, the pics from Jake19 helpd sell me on this color. I absolutely love it!!

20190615_085505.jpg

20190615_085536.jpg

20190601_101554.jpg

Snapchat-968259473.jpg

Rick Bronwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
0DF27055-484C-4450-A020-9B56F078B696.jpeg DB4414DF-13FF-42DD-9DEE-9DB46271B627.jpeg 6F7F03CB-EE67-4F1D-A37F-2A0C16166CBA.jpeg Granite Crystal baby!!

I love it more now that I’ve changed out the chrome badges to black. Added 6” racing stripes in matte black and a 2” level with 65/20 ultraterrains. Rougher ride but looks amazing!