What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Johnn123, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Shadow_Death

Shadow_Death Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.2L Magnum
    Dropped the transmission pan changed the filter and adjusted the bands. She shifts like a damn catallac now. Let me tell you guys one thing though. Whoever decided to use a 6 sided almost square bolt for the rear band is on my shit list now. Nobody near me sells a 5/16 4 point socket. Luckily I did some whick Google Fu and there was a thread in the Durango forums that mentioned using a 5/16 8 point socket. So I want to Lowe's and picked one up. It worked beautifully! But seriously... That one engineer....... I hope he stepped on a Lego or two at night.

Update 2/11/2018: 1 to 2 quarts my ass. XD I've put in 5-6 quarts because the TC drained while I changed the filter and fluid.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. dodge dude94

dodge dude94 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    1998 Ram 1500
    Engine:
    5.9 Magnum
    Was supposed to haul a 00 Ram home to work on for our friends. Got to their house where the truck was and it was in even worse shape than I imagined.

Had issues getting it on the trailer, gashed a tire and broke a trailer light. Called it a day at that. That truck is going on the back burner for them and I will be repairing it where it sits when they decide to fix it.

So I hauled an 18ft flat bed all half the day for nothing. :roflsquared:

3. jlbayes

jlbayes Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2001 & 1997
    Engine:
    5.9l cummins
    New door components and cluster leds.

4. Shadow_Death

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.2L Magnum
    >.>

A trick most guys I work with do is to unbolt the bed and tilt it to the passenger side and work that way. Our motto is why drop a full tank when you can lift an empty bed? Fuel pumps never go out when the tank is empty that much is for sure.

5. dapepper9

dapepper9 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9L V8
    I recently fabbed up some tailpipes and mounts to get rid of the axle dump setup. 45s under the bumper corners, plain, unfinished, no tips. Looks fine to me, killed what little drone i had and sounds better under throttle.

Today i finally installed my BD Diesel 3rd gen conversion track bar. Kind of a bitch when it's like 10 degrees out and snowy. Froze my butt off but she's solid. Needs aligned but it's adjustable too so I'm not too worried about it. Currently bolted up the way knockoffs do it, need to add the side brace bolts but i messed up 1 drill hole and didn't have the right wrench anyways. So screw it ill do it Wednesday when it's 40 outside.

Also ran an 8.550 0-60 today. Not bad for 34" tires, a bed full of junk and a 214.5k bottom end lol

dodge dude94 likes this.
  6. Shadow_Death

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.2L Magnum
    Just finished rewiring my headlights. Now they are properly relayed and both the 9004 and 9007 high beams come on with highs but only 9007 lows come on with lows.

7. dapepper9

dapepper9 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9L V8
    Output pics bro....

8. dapepper9

dapepper9 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9L V8
    Well I've currently got a bunch of stuff on order. Purchased a TR10C intercooler from treadstone and it's on a 7-9 week backorder. They emailed me and free of extra charge they upgraded it to a TR12C! Thing is huge and will do awesome for my blower. Also have eBay piping/boots/clamps on the way and hipotek billet fuel rails with their Walboro pump kit.

So i have all that on order and i found out that in 5k miles the truck burned nearly 3qts of oil. Thinking run a ball hone through, new bearings, rings, add the cam and heads i have and toss it back in with the blower and #sendit. Of course ive quit letting the truck idle so much and it seems the oil burn has slowed down but I'm only 500 miles into this change. I'll watch it closely and check it about every 500 miles. If the lack of idle time cuts the oil burn pretty drastically ill go ahead and boost the factory crap and build another block

9. dodge dude94

dodge dude94 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    1998 Ram 1500
    Engine:
    5.9 Magnum
    Just #sendit.

I was under the impression you were gonna b-b-booooost this one and let her blow. lolol

10. rippin209

rippin209 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    New timing chain, new plenum gasket and a bunch of little stuff.
    Got it all back together and it was idling high 1,400-1,500rpm changed the idle air control (IAC) $28 at O'Reilly's and viola things idling at 600rpm and is running perfectly now

P.S. my intake keg has a large threaded hole in back with a steal plate right by it, it's got something to do with a EGR valve that's been relocated. I plugged the hole because it was sucking in unfiltered air.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Roadhouse71 likes this.