What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SmokedRam, May 27, 2012.

1. chrisp2493

chrisp2493 Always Modding

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    392 Hemi
    I highly doubt you are losing oil from the gasket, unless you got a puddle under where the truck is parked. Sounds like you got a bigger issue. And you are gonna have a heck of a time replacing that gasket, it’s hard enough getting the oil pan separated from the engine block when it’s on a stand, let alone in the truck. You are gonna be wasting a lot of your time. You’ll probably be able to tell once you start replacing spark plugs. Look for ones that are fouled up to see where your oil is blowing by

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Ron Morell and Purplert like this.
  2. Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster Damn Skippy!

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Are you saying that it might need a rebuild? Because it was using half a quart every 2k, but at the same time, most of the last oci was left unchecked until the last 1/3 or 1/4 of the 7k it was in there, and when it did finally get checked consistently, it never went below the safe zone.

I've never seen an oil puddle caused by my truck, nor have I seen the typical rainbow water in my driveway...

(It seems like it loses what it deems as "excess" oil and then holds steady from there? Also, side note, Redline has given me cold/startup tick that -as far as I can remember- I never had, while eliminating the slight warm tick I did have. Then again, with the mani leak, the guys in the syn thread say I can't really know until I fix that...)

Perhaps it's something less severe like the pcv valve. In which case, I already have a replacement and plan on doing that with the plugs.

Got a pic of what I should be looking for?

Sent from my magic 5-inch

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  3. ST-8

ST-8 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Look for oil, usually how I start tracking stuff like that in truck

ramportin1 and Jerseystyle like this.
  4. Jerseystyle

Jerseystyle Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Got'em!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

02ramboi likes this.
  5. Demon-HeMi

Demon-HeMi Super Moderator Staff Member

Ram Year:
    2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
    Engine:
    (2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
    with tow mirrors you arent supposed to see the side of the truck in the big mirror, the big mirror shows you what it needs to and if you need to see your truck for proximity purpose thats what the blind spot mirrors do

02ramboi likes this.
  6. Demon-HeMi

Ram Year:
    2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
    Engine:
    (2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
    Had to find a pic of my 3g tow mirrors on my truck, but here you can see, the main mirror shows you whats behind you, and the blind spot shows you your truck, where you are in the lane, and everything in your blind spot

[​IMG]

Basically the big mirror looks straight back and slightly away from your truck (down the lane next to you, so you can see everything better, including the trailer, my joke i tell everyone is i can see behind the car behind me to help me watch for cops...

but folded down they are like any other mirror

7. Demon-HeMi

Ram Year:
    2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
    Engine:
    (2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
    Hell even my drivers side you can barely see the actual body of the truck...

[​IMG]

But thats how tow mirrors work, they dont have that "closer than they appear" message, they are just a good mirror for showing you around your trailer, and what others are doing behind you, rest of the stuff is covered by blind spot mirrors

xtremewlr likes this.
  8. cliftonclendenen

cliftonclendenen Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    4.7L V8
    I’m thinking about color matching my interior fake wood trim pieces as well when my paint shows up. Is there any way to remove them, they look like they are plastic welded in.
    [​IMG]
    I’m thinking of heating them up and bending the plastic up so it can release, or would it just be easier to just mask the door panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. chrisp2493

chrisp2493 Always Modding

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    392 Hemi
    I’d say just mask the door panel. You could probably melt or drill out the little spot welds there and jb weld them back in, just a lot of extra work

I Bleed Ram Trucks

cliftonclendenen likes this.
  10. Demon-HeMi

Ram Year:
    2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
    Engine:
    (2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

I so want the laramie panels for the 02-05 interior so i can do just that to my show truck...

ultimately to remove them you would have to drill out those tabs and then plastic weld them back in when done, but if your taping skills are good then just tape em off and have at it