What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
The '06 starting having some click-no start conditions that progressively got worse, I tracked it down to the starter relay. Luckily on my '06 it was a $20 relay behind the TIPM rather than on the TIPM itself.

Soon after the AC condenser fan decided to kill over, so replaced that as well. I replaced it already 6 years ago, not sure of the typical life span of these condenser fans but I'm sure the cheapo part store ones aren't made of the highest quality materials anyways.

Kodachrome Wolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LA 360 V8
The '06 starting having some click-no start conditions that progressively got worse, I tracked it down to the starter relay. Luckily on my '06 it was a $20 relay behind the TIPM rather than on the TIPM itself.

Soon after the AC condenser fan decided to keel over, so replaced that as well. I replaced it already 6 years ago, not sure of the typical life span of these condenser fans but I'm sure the cheapo part store ones aren't made of the highest quality materials anyways.
I had to replace the one on the truck I'm driving last month. I think it had been replaced prior in 2017 or 2018 according to the maintenance records. Maybe lasted 10-15K miles? I think both replacements were VDO brand.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I had to replace the one on the truck I'm driving last month. I think it had been replaced prior in 2017 or 2018 according to the maintenance records. Maybe lasted 10-15K miles? I think both replacements were VDO brand.
Yeah I don't remember the brand of the old one I had, but this new one is just a Duralast. Probably not the highest quality but lifetime warranty is quite handy to have.

I do have a VDO blower motor on the HVAC when that went out about 4 years ago--Been trouble-free so far, but has always been noticeably louder than the stock one was and has a somewhat annoying whistling noise at full blast.

ridenby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
R&R wheel hubs, axles, ball joints, tie rods. Got aligned. Drove 350mi to get a trailer I won. All went well. 20231007_113232.jpg20231007_113207.jpg

Bills86e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Longbed
I have a replaced engine that a tick is going on. I have low idle (200) so I ordered a new PCM by Flagshipone.com now awaiting. Today am putting her on
my shop lift as my new front 4wd shocks arrived for my 2wd 2004 hemi truck, so this is the chance to inspect my heat shields for any broken exhaust bolts.
I suspect this is the ticking. She has 16,000 on this new engine. Idle on these trucks should be 750rpm, there is NO ADJUSTING idle rpms as this is controlled by PCM.
When hemi engines idle goes lower than 650rpm the oil pressure begins to drop, and when goes lower drops to about 0 oil lubrication. Lifter failure results.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Decided that her time had come (time to strip the add-ons) and bought a 4th gen.

Bills86e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Longbed
I put my "04 5.7L 0n my garage snap-on lift, ordered PCM, Shocks, & Melling 10452HV oil pump. Getting ready to do some wrenching!

Next I plan on replacing my front seat's lower padding & covers. Happy new Year