What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by VolsRam, Jul 11, 2013.

Sponsored By: All Mopar Parts
  1. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I figure I got another 2 days before it meets my standards. Your comment about old is spot on!!!!!! When I'm ready for your truck I'll be sure to call you--LOL
    Jay

usaf2006 and 22hemi13 like this.
  2. Seanbeck1

Seanbeck1 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Held up fine. When I removed the plasti-dipped grille, it was still in perfect shape.

WY-Dave likes this.
  3. circuitguy

circuitguy Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI
    This morning I started working on more factory upgrades and collecting all the parts for it. Its Power and heated cloth seats. heated steering wheel and the 110v converter. No not leather seats, don't like them much. I prefer cloth. Just found a pair of seats in Fresno, there is mint condition from a 2017 Ram SLT with 14k miles. Getting the pair for $305, a steal considering what there going for online. The 110v converter is already mounted to the under side of the passenger seat. The best part is everything will be plug and play the seats, steering wheel, dash heat controls and the 110v outlet.

So I need the following to make this upgrade complete.

One pair of cloth power seats with heat.
    One center dash switch with steering wheel and seat heat buttons.
    One leather heated steering wheel.
    One steering wheel clock spring with heat option.
    One 110v dash outlet.
    One 110v dash outlet bezel.

Working on sourcing the parts now. I will do a wright up on the forum once all is completed.

Special thanks to Ricks Ram for suggesting these upgrades and taking the time to go over all the details with me. :)

1682_355082_01_web.jpg

1682_355083_01_web.jpg

4. chrisbh17

chrisbh17 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Very cool!

I got a hookup on a set of heated front seats for my conversion from one of the guys that was involved in actually proving that we could add on such things to pretty basic trucks. Turns out Im only a 20 minute drive from where he lives :)

I removed the cloth on mine and installed a custom Katzkin leather set....still havent had the time to put the front seats in yet, but the rear seats already are.

I just saw a heated leather wheel for sale on a local Facebook group but Im not sure how good the condition was. They are fairly easy to find on Ebay, just make sure you get lots of pics because black leather can look good from afar but not up close.

Clock spring - I personally do not trust anything other than brand new. Too much of a PITA to replace if it dies, and the fact its near/involved in airbags makes me want to have 100% faith in it.

Buttons - you dont actually HAVE to have them if you have certain head units (8.4, I think), since the head unit will have soft buttons for the seats. Not saying you SHOULDN'T buy the buttons, but you could do the conversion while holding off until you find a good deal on the buttons

circuitguy likes this.
  5. Battleram

Battleram Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    DC46BC52-9823-4B91-9E00-7378883B8D5E.jpeg I installed my Hemifever tune and zf8 Hemifever trans tune. Man what a surprise. Gained a full second on my 0-60 time. Great week!!!

usaf2006 and Stefan N like this.
  6. circuitguy

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI

I agree with you the clock spring should be a new one. Also the steering wheel will be new as I am too picky with what I have to hold and look at while I drive. The dash switches and the 110v plug can be used. I am going to try and get them from the same truck when I pick up the seats.

7. ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Removed the grill assembly and uninstalled all the grill shutters but the top one and the bottom one. Reassembled. Very easy, so now cooler temps and more air ALL of the time for the Vararam.
    Gave her a bath and wipe down with special attention to cleaning the tires and rims inside and out. All shiny now.
    Reorganized my garage while I was at it and I still have another week before I can return to work. Running out of projects to do...

heefageLA and circuitguy like this.
  8. circuitguy

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI
    You've done a lot already, take a break man!

9. chrisbh17

chrisbh17 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Another mod that was a pleasant surprise was adding the Laramie/limited mirrors. White truck with chrome mirrors looks surprisingly nice IMHO, and the auto tilt in reverse function is prey useful.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

10. circuitguy

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI
    I will be getting the auto tilt in reverse on mine the next time we work with the AlfaOBD.