What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran out at lunchtime to try to get in& out of the grocery store quickly, so I didn’t have to do this weekend.
When I left the store in the spot next to me was an empty cart, passenger side, as I put my bags in I had to be very careful with the door because it was very windy.
I get in to leave not realizing a gust has pushed cart into my rear passenger door, softly I assume because I didn’t hear it, pulled out & got witness the damage live as the cart did a 360* on my door.
I’m so mad at the lazy person who didn’t put their cart away but madder at myself for not taking it back to the store, Aldi has no racks in the parking lot but could’ve gotten the “ sercurity quarter” back you have to insert to unlock it, or at least pushing up on the median so it couldn’t move. I would have preferred, if it had to happen, that I just came out & found it up against my truck so I could be mad/ranting about some jerk.
Knowing I could have prevented it makes it worse.

Going to my paint guy Monday to see how bad it is, trucks 10 years old now & it’s starting to look like it.

You might try using a bit of buffing compound on that before spending big $. I think you will be surprised at how well it will clean up. :cool:

Negligent shopping cart users are a peeve of mine. I've only seen the coin-use carts in Vancouver and would have thought that most users would want their quarter back. I guess some people are just too lazy.

They could always use loonies or toonies, up here but I'd guess that would cut too deep into the grocer's profit margins.

Last edited:

Chukbacca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a surplus government 2015 1500 quad cab. The seats were in awful shape. I picked up and installed a used passenger seat ($75) and recovered the console($18)-it’s a good start! I ordered durafoam and a new driver’s seat bottom cover from Geno’s Garage and plan to reupholster that next weekIMG_0974.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0999.jpeg
    IMG_0999.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 6

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
You might try using a bit of buffing compound on that before spending big $. I think you will be surprised at how well it will clean up. :cool:

Negligent shopping cart users are a peeve of mine. I've only seen the coin-use carts in Vancouver and would have thought that most users would want their quarter back. I guess some people are just too lazy.

They could always use loonies or toonies, up here but I'd guess that would cut too deep into the grocer's profit margins.

Sounds like a job for cart narcs, I always park furthest away as I can…people really truly are lazy these days, I see carts left in the lot and the cart center is literally 15 seconds away

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a job for cart narcs, I always park furthest away as I can…people really truly are lazy these days, I see carts left in the lot and the cart center is literally 15 seconds away

Yup. Anyone who travels with me to a shopping center had best be prepared for a short walk.

I usually park far from the entrance, around the side or back, often in employee areas and take two parking spots.

If the $hit for brains keep shrinking the parking areas to golf cart sized, tough beans, I need 2 of them.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran out at lunchtime to try to get in& out of the grocery store quickly, so I didn’t have to do this weekend.
When I left the store in the spot next to me was an empty cart, passenger side, as I put my bags in I had to be very careful with the door because it was very windy.
I get in to leave not realizing a gust has pushed cart into my rear passenger door, softly I assume because I didn’t hear it, pulled out & got witness the damage live as the cart did a 360* on my door.
I’m so mad at the lazy person who didn’t put their cart away but madder at myself for not taking it back to the store, Aldi has no racks in the parking lot but could’ve gotten the “ sercurity quarter” back you have to insert to unlock it, or at least pushing up on the median so it couldn’t move. I would have preferred, if it had to happen, that I just came out & found it up against my truck so I could be mad/ranting about some jerk.

Going to my paint guy Monday to see how bad it is, trucks 10 years old now & it’s starting to look like it.
Meh - it's a truck... I look at it like this: While I LOVE my truck, and would love to baby it and not have a scratch on it, truth is, I live in a rural area, volunteer firefight - which includes fighting woods/forest fires and having to take my truck down overgrown back roads, and drive 120 miles minimum every day to get to/from work. I haul crap around in the bed every week, and generally don't have a lot of time to keep her washed all the time. Plus, I live down a 1/4 mile long mud/rock driveway that any time it rains, it's muddy, and any time it's dry, it's dusty... so, I don't sweat the scratches except to make sure that if bare metal gets exposed, it gets painted over to prevent rusting. But I do understand being mad at something you could have prevented if you hadn't been lazy either - hell, you'd have gotten a quarter back for 2 min effort! That's $7.50/hour - LOL! Not that that's a lot!

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7

Good friends with my paint guy, he does all our repairs on company trucks, always help him out so won’t charge me anything but will give some $ for his time.

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

UGH!

I ALWAYS park way away from everyone at stores. Last year some a-hole parked a beat to crap Toyota pickup next to my truck. No idea why. Parking spots everywhere and much closer to the store. As I came out I saw the owner open his door and it slammed into my truck! Luckily the side steps prevented any damage.

I asked the idiot what his problem was. He just shrugged his shoulders, smiled and drove off.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
Meh - it's a truck... I look at it like this: While I LOVE my truck, and would love to baby it and not have a scratch on it, truth is, I live in a rural area, volunteer firefight - which includes fighting woods/forest fires and having to take my truck down overgrown back roads, and drive 120 miles minimum every day to get to/from work. I haul crap around in the bed every week, and generally don't have a lot of time to keep her washed all the time. Plus, I live down a 1/4 mile long mud/rock driveway that any time it rains, it's muddy, and any time it's dry, it's dusty... so, I don't sweat the scratches except to make sure that if bare metal gets exposed, it gets painted over to prevent rusting. But I do understand being mad at something you could have prevented if you hadn't been lazy either - hell, you'd have gotten a quarter back for 2 min effort! That's $7.50/hour - LOL! Not that that's a lot!
It was more on being in a hurry than being lazy, hell if I had a cart I would’ve taken both back. My truck is the best vehicle I ever owned, long history of 1,000$ cars & trucks, so I’m trying to keep it in good condition . It’s hard to see in the picture but some of the scratches are deep, so am worried about rust.
I’ve worked at the same moving company for 30 years, 6 days a week so while I know there harder jobs out there moving furniture isn’t easy or something lazy people do for long.
I’m probably being overly defensive, I’m a lot of things but lazy isn’t one of them.
My father was a volunteer firefighter & I lost a cousin who died while fighting a forest fire so I have a lot of respect & admiration for your service to your community & would also like to thank you for your service to our country.

haleme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had three left over LED lights from my RV and installed in the bed. I made my own harnesses and plugged them into the factory bed lighting. The new lights are controlled by the dash and bed switches.
IMG_20240414_192053757_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240410_122738819.jpg
    IMG_20240410_122738819.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240411_112022402.jpg
    IMG_20240411_112022402.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240411_112210083_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240411_112210083_HDR.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 3

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7

My guy hooked me up, you were right he was able to buff it out.

Attachments

• IMG_9609.jpeg
    IMG_9609.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9613.jpeg
    IMG_9613.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 5

Drifter667

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Installed a dashcam that covers both the front and rear of my truck, put the wires behind the weather strips up into the roof liner.

Works well enough for a $35.00 system. Especially with how the folks in my town drive.

IMG_20240415_181943234_MF_PORTRAIT.jpgIMG_20240415_181957837_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

EriikK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I installed a 12k winch on a Vice Design hidden winch mount. So far I really like it, the winch is protected behind the bumper and the weight of it isn't so far forward.
PXL_20240415_230714313.jpgWhile I was at it, I did a few other things :)
- painted the bumper
- installed LED high and low beams
- Cam and lifters, oil pump and timing set
- Valve job with new valve springs and new intake valves
- Oil change and coolant flush, with correct purple OAT coolant

It's all working now, I drove it down the road. Very satisfying.

Attachments

• PXL_20240309_184709546.jpg
    PXL_20240309_184709546.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20240414_184838653.jpg
    PXL_20240414_184838653.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 4