What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As stated a few days ago, I did my 8.4 update to 18.45.01. All went super smooth, so I thought. Fast forward a few days and the Nav update I bought from HERE cam in and I decided to go for it yesterday.

Problem: Can't get the update request code when plugging in the USB drive from HERE. Crap...... Come to find out, the USB hub in the console is now dead, after doing the software update on the radio. This is odd, I thought. Checked fuses, rebooted the infotainment, yada, yada, yada. Nothing. Pulled the hub out and disconnected wiring and restarted truck. Turned off truck and reconnected hub. Bingo..

All works OK now. Maybe it was the software / firmware update, maybe it wasn't. Who the F**** knows, but it works now.

Nav update went as planned after that.

aszumilo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was going to the store yesterday, got in my truck, no throttle response. Press the gas, nothing, stayed at idle. Had the throttle body light on the dash. No codes. Went thru the throttle relearn, using AlfaODB, problem solved. Truck is running fine again. Very odd.

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oil change, RP 10-48 and 7 quarts of Kirkland 5w20. Replaced the oil filter to block connector, as it had some buggered threads, and always leaked very slightly. 12mm Allen socket broke out the old connector, red lock tight the new connector.

next weekend I'm mounting the DOD24M muffler, and 5" black exhaust tips, both birthday gifts from my wife, I love that gal