What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Carrier plates!!! I've replaced three of them now in my truck. 68k miles btw...

Is this just a Dodge thing? I replaced a dozen window regulators in my Dakotas and Rams over the years. Was a known issue...

Thought they would have figured it out by now. Our newer RAMs are still crap. I don't even want to lower my windows now in fear of them breaking and taking months to get back in stock. Last one I replaced cost me almost $700 and was peak covid times.
I remember carrier plates all the way back to the early 4th gen f bodies. (Like 93 or 94) They were terrible back then, you'd think manufactures would've abandoned the idea back then. But it's all about how they can get them down the assembly line the fastest. If it survives the warranty that's a bonus. I had to remove mine the first winter I had my Ram because I (stupidly) tried to open the window while it was partly frozen. Luckily for me it just popped the clip that attaches the window to the regulator.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Starboard fog light burned out. Discovered my Fogzilla adapters from my old 3G work in a 4G. 9005's in the fog housings. No further cost.

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the new window regulator carrier plate in today. Works good. 1000 curses upon the engineers that came up with this design!