What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The weather has been great this week so it was mostly parked for some wind therapy

View attachment 137097

Such a sexy bike

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Checked on the balance of 2016 Ram Sport 4X4, rcsb today. Less than 13k left to pay on it!! Next payment not due until April 30th, 2020!! :crazy: But, of course,....I'll continue paying it down.
I'm actually thinking of ordering a 2019 Trackhawk in March of next year and using this truck as my down payment But, that's 7 months away. We'll see how it goes. :drink_nl:

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
At the 2600 mile mark after a mild interstate adventure of a few hundred miles I chose to drain the FF rearend gear oil this morning.

Replaced FF with 2qts RL 75W-90 & 1 1/2qts RL 75W-140!
The 1/2qt of 75W-140 was left over in my pump from the rearend service with my 2014 Ram.

After all the FF oil was drained: I Sprayed the entire gear set with a whole can of CRC brake Kleen to ensure all the old gritty oil was off & out of the rearend before the new oil was pumped in.

I’m so glad I did this service now: Due to just by visual inspection & feeling the fluid between my fingers this gear oil did not need to be left in my new rearend any longer. As it drained out of the rearend & into the pan you could easily visually see the grey/black contamination floating within the oil. The easiest way to explain the feeling of the oil between my fingers is gritty.
This gear oil actually had no business being left in any longer - especially if I was going to be towing again any time soon.

AAE8D428-248D-443F-84CE-7CFBE7EF2D03.jpeg

Next service I figure will be around the 20K mile mark in which plans are installing a aftermarket aluminum rearend differential cover w/drain plug.

:banana-mario: :cheers: I feel much better about this service being done Especially after seeing what drained out. That Warm /Fuzzy feeling showed up with the addition of the 1 1/2 qts of 75W-140.

I apologize for only 1 pic! Ambient temp was 93°F & humidity was at 53% with no breeze. I was a wet mess in my coveralls. I just wanted the job done correctly & out of those coveralls.

Next focus is on the 68RFE! :happy107:

Last edited:

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
Just got back from a week long trip to New Mexico. Truck towed like a damn freight train.

Anyways when I got back had a package waiting from core 4x4. I can totally see where my money went. These things are beefy.

IMG_7013.jpg

Got them in Charcoal. Also asked for the bend in the panhard bar to clear my mag-hytec diff cover.

Laramie17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMG_4118.JPG Moved my two older girls in appartement for university that is just about to begin...

Truck Looks a little nose high on this picture, i should have installed the airlift1000 that stands in the garage....beside the PA 3inch BL!!!

#farmlifedayaretooshort!

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L