What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s what we use to do. Back in 96-2000 I only had an elcamino and it was only rear wheel drive. Drove a 93 bronco with 4x4 but never used it even in the blizzards of 97 and 98 in Colorado. Only reaso I got the 4x4 on the ram was because it they did not offer 2wd at that dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s still good to have for when you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
It’s still good to have for when you need it.

I agree. We have just been lazy with getting stuff like that. Hell I used a floor squeegee to shovel the sidewalks. It really worked out great. Lol.

RAM DRVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
So who drives in show with their ram 2500? We got a lot of snow today in Kansas and it slushed up this afternoon and it will be in the teens tomorrow when I go to work. Should I attempt to drive in 4hi or 4low?

Put 4 sand bags in the bed if you can over the rear axle. Get them at Lowes or Home Depot for about $4-$5 each.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why buy a 4wd then ?
There’s plenty of reasons to buy a four wheel drive. They come in handy from time to time for many things. Even living down here in Oklahoma where we very rarely have days like what you had yesterday, I still have the occasional use for it.
I have 4wd and plan on using it on my way to work in the morning having the extra traction it offers is nice.
It is nice and nothing really is wrong with using it that way. I myself would rather just drive a lot more cautiously with the transfer case disengaged, which is possible in 2-wheel.
I am pretty sure everybody knows its not going to make your truck stop better.lol
You just keep telling yourself that. With that said, I take it you’d be very surprised to hear that on the snowy and icy days back when I lived in southwestern Colorado for 20 plus years, the majority of people off in the ditch was the dimwits who thought they could drive faster, take corners faster and slow down faster just ‘cuz them front wheels had power too...lol.

Last edited:

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally installed the center console that came with the seats & door panels. Thanks to Benny @AllMoparParts.com I had everything I needed to switch over from the column shifter to the center console. Also, a big thank you to @nyciti for reposting the conversion installation instructions on here.

The only problem is, I keep reaching for the now non-existent column shifter every time I get in the truck to go somewhere.

I’ve seen some photos from guys who have bought new shift handles... for those of you who have, do you still have the OEM one to sell if it’s not all worn out? Mine is pretty beat up and it’s bugging me. I can’t seem to find the OEM shift handle for sale anywhere.

I scoured eBay and did a ton of internet searches but I can only find the complete assembly for sale. I’ve seen some nice Mopar handles but I can’t justify the cost.
2e818db4767c432359bc57c090302b88.jpg

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
There’s plenty of reasons to buy a four wheel drive. They come in handy from time to time for many things. Even living down here in Oklahoma where we very rarely have days like what you had yesterday, I still have the occasional use for it.

It is nice and nothing really is wrong with using it that way. I myself would rather just drive a lot more cautiously with the transfer case disengaged, which is possible in 2-wheel.

You just keep telling yourself that. With that said, I take it you’d be very surprised to hear that on the snowy and icy days back when I lived in southwestern Colorado for 20 plus years, the majority of people off in the ditch was the dimwits who thought they could drive faster, take corners faster and slow down faster just ‘cuz them front wheels had power too...lol.

Like I said why buy a 4wd if you are not going to use it on snow and ice ? Why handicap your self from the get go in bad weather.
Just makes zero since to run in 2wd. 2 each their own.

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like I said why buy a 4wd if you are not going to use it on snow and ice ?
No one’s really and totally advising against that. I’m just saying that it’s really not necessary to keep your vehicle in 4WD all the time when you’re cruising down the highway. Good tires and decent weight in the bed will help out a lot, more than you think.

Why handicap your self from the get go in bad weather.
It’s not a handicap, and in some cases it’s a disadvantage anyways. Most people get too overconfident in their abilities and are the first ones to wind up in the ditch. I don’t know about these newer trucks but in my experience, four wheel drives have always been harder to guide when you have it in four wheel, which causes more problems. The busted front aluminum wheel I got one day from the curb in a roundabout on the ex wife’s Dakota probably wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t had it 4 hi because- yes, it was slick, but I wasn’t going that fast, and even though the tires weren’t in the greatest of shape, they weren’t that bad either but it sure didn’t wanna turn like i thought it should.

But you know, if you’re not that person, run with your transfer case engaged all the time. Just don’t act like you can drive faster, corner faster and stop faster just because you have all that extra forward traction. I’m not saying this directly to you, I’m saying it to whoever reads it.

Just makes zero since to run in 2wd. 2 each their own.
Why? 2-wheelers do it all the time. I use my 4WD when I need it. I don’t need justification-use out of it to continually tell myself why I have a driveline that goes to my front wheels.

But you’re absolutely correct. To each is own.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
At the dealership getting the Check Engine light (and lack of Eco/MDS) taken care of, as well as two recalls (since I'm here anyway.)

Also saw a 2018 Express with nearly everything my SLT has (3.6, etc) but only uConnect 3 (not 5, which I have) for $42k.... I paid $23k for my truck. Still giggling a bit at that one.

Meanwhile, I noticed a Ford in its natural habitat...

1126181034_HDR.jpg

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just had to share....my Service truck which is Class B International, gobbled up one big buck and an owl within 10 minutes at o dark thirty this morning...had guts and fur coating the entire underside and feathers and guts in my ckearance lights...The buck just hunched down under my bumper at 65mph and met the front axle and became “matter”....
I am not nature friendly I suppose....

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
At the dealership getting the Check Engine light (and lack of Eco/MDS) taken care of, as well as two recalls (since I'm here anyway.)

Update... Turns out the Active Grille Shutters crapped out. Parts on order, and I get to go back when they arrive. :/

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I am pretty sure everybody knows its not going to make your truck stop better.lol

I suspect you haven't met many NY drivers. :) Every year I watch a pile of assorted idiots who think that 4x4 is some sort of magic button that allows you to go full dry pavement speed in the snow go sliding off the road. Unfortunately, half the time they take someone else with them.

-K

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I suspect you haven't met many NY drivers. :) Every year I watch a pile of assorted idiots who think that 4x4 is some sort of magic button that allows you to go full dry pavement speed in the snow go sliding off the road. Unfortunately, half the time they take someone else with them.

-K

That’s not just NY that’s everywhere.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Order a new tonneau cover and some other goodies... should be here Wednesday. Now to just find a toolbox!
e929f151955f3892589b07f5a8108675.jpg
-Wound up getting it for $385 shipped!

This tool box fits inside the box and the lid will fully open with the tonneau cover on. The down side is that you still have to crawl into the bed to get to it.
JayDSCN0827.JPG

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
This tool box fits inside the box and the lid will fully open with the tonneau cover on. The down side is that you still have to crawl into the bed to get to it.
JayView attachment 147564

I’m working on something now to keep from having to do that. Know the model number on the box?

I’m looking at something like this and spacing it up so that I can fold the front of the tonneau back, and have lockable storage without mucking around with the tailgate. Will also let me put larger items in the box without having to remove the tailgate.

bbbdc716b6b0d0dd3a687c7cfb1e5a3f.jpg

It’s a delta 235000 compact crossover box

It’s wide enough to fit between the rails, and it’s about 6-8” shorter than the full depth of the bed. Really need a box with the handles more outboard, so they are easier to reach.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered some Michelin Defender LTX tires today through Discount so hopefully that’s what I’ll be doing Saturday. Finally decided that enough was enough, and that it was time to cut my losses with those rough-riding BFG’s.

I know I won’t get near what I paid for these expensive suckers when they were brand new but how much y’all think I oughta ask for them? I figured maybe $150 each. That’s half the price I paid. They’re in excellent shape, no flats, even wear, ten months old, and about 12000 miles on them.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They are pretty popular, so I would image you might be able to sell them at a reasonable price.
Jay

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ordered a Tyger tri-fold bed cover this evening. It should be here in a couple of days. I've read some good things on here from a few members.

I figured it would be good to have in the near future. We have a 2 1/2 yr old and about to have a baby girl in a couple of weeks! Going to have 2 car seats in the crew cab, so figured the bed cover will help with grocery runs and hauling extra stuff out of the weather.