What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

electricyeti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Pearland is nicer IMO it’s really growing.
Her job is in Laporte. We are trying to stay within about a30-40 min drive. She wants a pool. It's been tough finding a place lace that meets her criteria. I'd live in a cardboard box if I get her to.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Her job is in Laporte. We are trying to stay within about a30-40 min drive. She wants a pool. It's been tough finding a place lace that meets her criteria. I'd live in a cardboard box if I get her to.

Well you have the make the lady happy. Guess you will be cleaning the pool in your new home in La Porte. You can always move to my hometown of Dickinson. It’s within 30-40 min drive.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a pool. I hate my pool. Came with the house.

I have automated it the best I can....saltwater chlorine generator, standalone "robot" vacuum, variable speed pump.

Our season is only about 4 months long here, but I have it down to pretty much opening, getting salt in the water and closing the pool. In between is just dumping the robot in occasionally.

And I still hate my pool :)

electricyeti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Pretty sure I am going to hate one too. But I will do it for her. Why only 4 months?

electricyeti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
May to mid-September. Too cold/rainy/snowy outside of that time, usually.

Connecticut weather and all.
When I read that I thought it was one of the guys from Houston. I'm in Central Maine now. My parents just got into their pool in June. Very short season here

electricyeti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am however working on a hybrid air to water heat pump to chill the pool when to hot and heat it when too cool. But up here my parents would have to be able to bring it inside when it start to freeze in October.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My brother in law went with a solar cover....gets his pool up to like 87 during the summer. 4 month season doesnt justify a heater, but solar covers are cheap enough.

My pool gets enough sun that it will stay at 85 all by itself. Good enough for my wife and kids (I go in it maybe like once a year)

electricyeti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I went swimming in the Allagash waterway on June 8th. Water was 52. Cold water is no big deal for a bug fat seal like myself.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i live in Alberta where the pool season at best is May to end of September assuming a nice September. I had a house with a 44 x 16 ft inground pool. First year we had it, our kids were young so it was quite a novelty (bought the house for the house not a pool but the kids **** themselves when they saw we were looking at one with a swimming pool) So, that first year we kept it open until end of October. Nights are very chilly by September, days in the teens usually. And my wife thought it should be almost like a sauna temp not a swimming pool. I was paying 328 bucks in natural gas bills just for the pool by the time september rolled around. The next year I got a good solar cover, had to replace the heater as it had rusted out and built a big new shed for all the equipment, redid the plumbing and put in a salt water chlorinator system. it was pretty cool system and we ran it from may until end of september the next year. loved having a pool at home, but a real luxury in our climate.

nwsewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bought 4 used factory 17"s with tires (barely any tread left) for $100. I wanted some extra wheels to do dumb stuff with (burnouts, donuts, etc) without messing up my good tires. Bought a can of red plastidip and sprayed the entirety of 2 of them (including the tire because **** it, why not) Installed em and had a blast. Then went home and put the factory wheels back on. 80196144a3c093269609bfcf7e6a91e2.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I read that I thought it was one of the guys from Houston. I'm in Central Maine now. My parents just got into their pool in June. Very short season here

You can swim here from April to October lol

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought 4 used factory 17"s with tires (barely any tread left) for $100. I wanted some extra wheels to do dumb stuff with (burnouts, donuts, etc) without messing up my good tires. Bought a can of red plastidip and sprayed the entirety of 2 of them (including the tire because **** it, why not) Installed em and had a blast. Then went home and put the factory wheels back on. 80196144a3c093269609bfcf7e6a91e2.jpg

Now that’s sounds like allot of fun. Lol

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Got suckered by the Mrs. to go to the store with her, took the new Power Wagon. "Where are we putting all the groceries," she asked. I lifted the rear seats and pulled out the fold-flat. Now my Power Wagon is officially her grocery getter. Wait, I went, so sadly, that make ME her grocery getter too...:doh2:

Last edited:

nwsewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now that’s sounds like allot of fun. Lol
It really was. With how low the tread is on those used tires, if i even looked at the skinny pedal too hard they were spinning. I didnt want to take them off the truck with how much fun I was having, but I'd never hear the end of it if I pulled up to work with those red wheels [emoji23]