What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ_TN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'd recommend not using the BT app if so equipped, leave key fobs in the house when installing, and don't change settings while moving.
Try Sport on 2 first. ;)
Why should I not have the key fob when installing?

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Why should I not have the key fob when installing?
As per the PC instructions, probably has to do with throwing a CEL. They say don't have the fob in proximity when installing. I left both in the house and haven't had any issues in over a year.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
As per the PC instructions, probably has to do with throwing a CEL. They say don't have the fob in proximity when installing. I left both in the house and haven't had any issues in over a year.

had a buddy get a CEL when installing. He took it out, and plugged it back in. No issues after that

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune

@Got 1 it's hard to tell what is your comment and what is the quote by how you responded. your post has to be after the /quote part. just FYI

Last edited:

BacavilleHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I searched the forum for a thread like this and didn't find anything. I figured it would be fun to have a thread that everyone can watch what everyone is doing each week.

This week I put on Steelcraft nerf bars, and right now I'm getting the permaplating put on the truck. This way it gets a real good bath.

Last edited:

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd recommend not using the BT app if so equipped, leave key fobs in the house when installing, and don't change settings while moving.
Try Sport on 2 first. ;)

Strange, I installed all mine up under the dash out of the way. Nothing showing. All I use is the Bluetooth app to control it. Absolutely no problem so far, been on there about a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l v8
@Got 1 it's hard to tell what is your comment and what is the quote by how you responded. your post has to be after the /quote part. just FYI

I don't know why my question was considered quote. Tried to edit it and still no results.
Thanks for the heads up.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Got it sitting on 35’s put in a set of Firestone Destination X/T on factory big horn wheels. Have a 2” front spacer with factory rear.

37b39e9384f8ff934af1e10a9b1d54ae.jpg61aed01866dc5e8506abafe1d1afc647.jpg584475fc1d848c17286b70aa36e15821.jpg1d100a4503a24674845abc65d3c86878.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but did you say you put a 2” wheel spacer on the front wheels... but left the back stock with no spacers??

Can I ask why? Your going to have horrible handling and in the rain and snow, your going to have issues like your on ice.

If you did do that, you have it backwards. You want the rear wheels to be furthur out, for better handling.

But if I misunderstood your post, then just ignore everything I just said lol.

What kinda LED fogs are those?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Are you asking me? If so, I listed what they were but they are no longer sold. I linked a great alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Correct me if I am wrong, but did you say you put a 2” wheel spacer on the front wheels... but left the back stock with no spacers??

Can I ask why? Your going to have horrible handling and in the rain and snow, your going to have issues like your on ice.

If you did do that, you have it backwards. You want the rear wheels to be furthur out, for better handling.

But if I misunderstood your post, then just ignore everything I just said lol.

Are you asking me? If so, I listed what they were but they are no longer sold. I linked a great alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front strut spacer is what I meant

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
I'm contemplating a new project and wanted to see if others have been there or have ideas as well. Already did the search with no luck.

I've a 2011 Quad Bighorn and want to add a rear camera. What makes it different, is that I pull a 24' enclosed trailer occasional to car events, and want to add a camera to the rear of the trailer as well. I do not have the hem tailgate camera, nor the radio for oem display either, so adding a small screen is to be expected

Certainly there are different paths to go, but I'm interested in what others may have already done and the kind of results and success they have had.

Lets see what you got.

Thanks in advance