What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension
Spent time on the road with my wife and I doing what Sundays are for, visiting a good friend.

Oh yeah and read multiple continuing discussions about tranny and transfer case fluids in the forum. Now I’m freaked out that the Redline C+ in my BW-44 transfer case is the wrong fluid and should be changed to Redline D4.

Good news is in sunny South Carolina I don’t need the 4WD much at all :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l v8
Ok so I am debating 3 different sets of tires. I am really leaning towards the General A/TX tires, my next choice would be to go back Nitto Terra Grapplers, and then on the high end the Toyo Open Country A/TIII. What are everyones thoughts on specifically these tires. I always see this or that suggestions. I have looked at other options and they just don't fit my tastes. I have a big car swap meet next weekend, and that is usually the place to find new tires at whole sale prices. Tire rack will be my next option if I can't find them there.

I have the Generals ATx and I'm very happy with them. Go for it.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok so I am debating 3 different sets of tires. I am really leaning towards the General A/TX tires, my next choice would be to go back Nitto Terra Grapplers, and then on the high end the Toyo Open Country A/TIII. What are everyones thoughts on specifically these tires. I always see this or that suggestions. I have looked at other options and they just don't fit my tastes. I have a big car swap meet next weekend, and that is usually the place to find new tires at whole sale prices. Tire rack will be my next option if I can't find them there.

I ran the General AT2s on my old truck, and they're the best tire I've ever had. The ATXs essentially have the same tread pattern, but I believe the sidewall is a bit more aggressive and some more siping. Similarly, one of my buddies has run the Toyo Open Country A/TIIs on his truck since he's had it and loves them. I don't think they get a bad review anywhere, and the A/TIIIs are very similar and also feature a more aggressive sidewall. I have no experience with the Terra Grapplers, but I know they're certainly a fan favorite just more expensive than the other two

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Spent time on the road with my wife and I doing what Sundays are for, visiting a good friend.

Oh yeah and read multiple continuing discussions about tranny and transfer case fluids in the forum. Now I’m freaked out that the Redline C+ in my BW-44 transfer case is the wrong fluid and should be changed to Redline D4.

Good news is in sunny South Carolina I don’t need the 4WD much at all :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice! The wife and I took the Charger out last night and got a date night. We haven't had one in 15 months due to Covid.

I ran the General AT2s on my old truck, and they're the best tire I've ever had. The ATXs essentially have the same tread pattern, but I believe the sidewall is a bit more aggressive and some more siping. Similarly, one of my buddies has run the Toyo Open Country A/TIIs on his truck since he's had it and loves them. I don't think they get a bad review anywhere, and the A/TIIIs are very similar and also feature a more aggressive sidewall. I have no experience with the Terra Grapplers, but I know they're certainly a fan favorite just more expensive than the other two

I am hopefully going to get them at some point this month. I really like them and the reviews.

I loved the Terra Grapplers that I had before. I just am looking the price and really rethinking it.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just took my in really bad shape chrome clad hubcaps off my other set of wheels. My question and I did look, do they sell a replacement black set that will work with that well. I spend an hour removing the factory glue, but I really don't want to mess with powder coating or painting them again.

They all say they only work with silver or black.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-BLACK-20...hDarwoV3BBEV2b&_trksid=p2047675.c101195.m1851

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The ol’ V6 fan is cutting into the upper radiator hose so i figure I’d replace with these silicone ones04869157-4D94-4CFA-A317-4F74F7026619.jpeg

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just heard on the radio that Jeep might get rid of the "Cherokee" name as it's offensive.....

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just heard on the radio that Jeep might get rid of the "Cherokee" name as it's offensive.....

I’m sorry, but after using the name for several decades going back to 1974 when it first started to being used I can’t see where someone all of a sudden is offended by using that name. I can BS on this one. Someone is just doing this for ulterior motives. You know something like publicity and the spotlight, monetary gain, maybe a combination of those or other things as well. Being offensive? BS

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m sorry, but after using the name for several decades going back to 1974 when it first started to being used I can’t see where someone all of a sudden is offended by using that name. I can BS on this one. Someone is just doing this for ulterior motives. You know something like publicity and the spotlight, monetary gain, maybe a combination of those or other things as well. Being offensive? BS

of Course, you know it's not the Cherokee that are offended, it's someone that has nothing better to do then think of things to start trouble over....

I'm .00087% French, and "French Fries" are making me feel "unsafe" and think we should rename them to help me sleep better at night.

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
We did rename them to freedom fries.