What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So a couple weeks I installed these pioneer speakers then yesterday my 3.5” kickers came in and hooked them today.
I really liked the pioneers on their ownView attachment 248724View attachment 248725 but after adding the kickers in the dash it brings everything together. So much more clear now and even though I have the bass blockers I didn’t install them and don’t really see a need to.

Did you have the alpine system to begin with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Still going at my trucks paint, I had ALOT of spot corrections to do, and now it’s ready for the whole truck to be cut, with light passes over the spots I already focused on and then a full truck polish. Once that is complete I need to install my new led pod fog lights and brackets and then start to reassemble the truck as I have removed the front bumper, headlights, grille, fender flares, emblems and badges. Then I need to install my replacement MX4 cover which is FINALLY suppose to be here tomorrow. Then install all of my new emblems and badges, install my new rear bed vinyls.

Once all of that is done, it will be time to focus on the interior which will involve removing the seats, center floor console and rear storage bin and deep treating the carpet, then cleaning all of the interior plastics and windows.

Man, I shouldn’t have neglected my trucks paint and interior for so long. Because I did, it’s a disaster and taking forever to get it back to where it should be.

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Coils and plugs came today. I got hung up 5 extra hours at work so I couldn't install them but I did check the gap on all the plugs, and made the raised MSD lettering on the red coil packs black so they would stand out a bit more. It was dark and I had to go back to work by the time I was done gapping plugs but they'll get installed tomorrow and I'll get pics then.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
If you have a spray in liner it's just drilling the mounting holes. It uses the divits already there for some OEM accessory (That flip out bed extender thing?), just coat the holes with rustproofing before you install. If you have a plastic liner you might have to cut into it. But given what those plastic liners do to your bed, you'd be better off getting rid of it anyway. :) If you 've got a carpet liner like a bed rug, I think you would need to trim it.

-K

Yes, I have the plastic Oem one, and to my surprise when I took it out last year to some work.... the bed was in great shape. Granted the paint was hazed, but if I had a spraying liner it wouldn't have a luster anyways.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Final stuff for a proper paint correction on the Ram!

View attachment 248723

Have had excellent results with Chemical Guys exterior products. Use them on all the show cars and have done very well. Interior products I have found to be ok, but definitely better products available for that.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Still going at my trucks paint, I had ALOT of spot corrections to do, and now it’s ready for the whole truck to be cut, with light passes over the spots I already focused on and then a full truck polish. Once that is complete I need to install my new led pod fog lights and brackets and then start to reassemble the truck as I have removed the front bumper, headlights, grille, fender flares, emblems and badges. Then I need to install my replacement MX4 cover which is FINALLY suppose to be here tomorrow. Then install all of my new emblems and badges, install my new rear bed vinyls.

Once all of that is done, it will be time to focus on the interior which will involve removing the seats, center floor console and rear storage bin and deep treating the carpet, then cleaning all of the interior plastics and windows.

Man, I shouldn’t have neglected my trucks paint and interior for so long. Because I did, it’s a disaster and taking forever to get it back to where it should be.

The work your putting into it now will defiantly pay off when your done :waytogo:

WildWilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If all you do is a CAI you won’t see much. You will hear it under the hood as it’s taking in more air but you won’t really notice any gains. Maybe a little better throttle response ? To get the most of that you need to do a bunch more mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With my tune and CAI I feel like I see it more on the top end between 4-5k RPMs. Granted this is just going by feel and not hard numbers.

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a call that my truck is fixed. Get to pick it up tomorrow. I’m excited. The jeep I’m driving is nice but I miss my truck

ad20858268248ddf9bef07818688032e.jpg

Will be installing some new parts before I post pics of the big reveal ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have had excellent results with Chemical Guys exterior products. Use them on all the show cars and have done very well. Interior products I have found to be ok, but definitely better products available for that.
I really love their leather products and I am super picky with wanting a high shine. The hyper coat does that. I am curious about their ceramic shine.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just changed the oil today. Gave it some knock-off hemi honey (pup5w30). Still had lots of life left at 33% but covid lockdown in Ontario gave me free time.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
After a crappy week, we decided to head up to the "snowy range" (230/130 loop) here south of Laramie.
First the dogs were like "ya comin'"
192819386_5755265304513829_3863303727577883137_n.jpg

Just a bit of snow up there. Just a single shot, have too many to go through. Hit 10,871ft
What surprised was that we got 21mpg
191631789_5756625837711109_2763443376138516540_n.jpg

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After a crappy week, we decided to head up to the "snowy range" (230/130 loop) here south of Laramie.
View attachment 248870

Just a bit of snow up there. Just a single shot, have too many to go through. Hit 10,871ft
View attachment 248871
Great looking Germans! I love them!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just changed the oil today. Gave it some knock-off hemi honey (pup5w30). Still had lots of life left at 33% but covid lockdown in Ontario gave me free time.
That is on my list to do today. Its 5 am on my day off and I am wide awake. Ive actually been up since 2 am. Its going to be a long day lol. I have an appointment for the wifes Pacifica at 7.

dls56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Had new tires put on, including alignment. Michelin 275/60/20 Defender LTX. Nice and quiet. There was still a little life on the old ones, getting squirrelly on wet roads though.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I used to take 230 back down into CO to where I hunted in Jackson County. I always loved that drive as long as the deer kept off the road at Woods Landing. Funny that during CO deer season, about the only deer I saw the whole week was in Wyo on my way to Walden and back. But a week later in elk season, there were more deer in my GMU than I could shake a stick at.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got her oil changed.

IMG_1207.JPG

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Did the oil change on mine yesterday. But I did Mobil 1 Extended performance and a K&N filter. Ended up cleaning under my work bench, counted 15 gallons of old oil to recycle. I guess I forgot to recycle it for a while. oops.

Need to get a bunch of trans oil ordered so I can change it. I finally hit 85,000 miles and I'd guess it was never changed before I bought it so I want to get it changed out before much longer.