What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I did not come here this morning expecting that I was going to want to cry, but here I am...

God speed pupper! Wishing you and your family the best right now. Never a fun day.

It's always weird to think that dogs are here for only part of our lives, but to them we're their whole lives! Such a gift.
Thank you sir. And you are so right about them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is that Big Lake? If so, it sure has changed since I was there last, probably almost 20 years ago now? Man that makes me feel old just typing that.

That picture was looking towards Crescent lake but yeah we were fishing big lake for the last few days. It really hasn't changed much over the years. Other than the main road being paved all the way to Big Lake now. It has been paved for I'd guess 10 years now or so.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's been over 3 years since the last time I polished and coated my Ram, so it was due! I used CQuartz last time around on it and it held up great, but tried a few different things this time. I deironized it, hit it with clay, 1 step polish, wiped down with IPA and tried the DP Graphene and it is definitely not what I'm used to when applying a coating, but looks great on the dark blue.

View attachment 249258

View attachment 249259

View attachment 249260
That looks awesome!

El_Dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic SLT
Engine
Installed Maxtrac 4.5" lift and Supreme Suspension 1.5" spacer on back wheels.

any4xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just finished installing four Bull Ring tie down hooks on my 6.4 bed. Thank goodness I watched a few installation videos before cutting. The rear pockets were easy, as you just have to cut out the part of the plastic top that curves down inside the rear pocket. The front, however, has lines that nicely match up with the side-to-side dimensions of the pockets, but the lines that indicate the fronts and backs of the pockets are way too far apart.

I’m actually glad that my Dremel tool is 750 miles away, as it forced me to do this with just a utility knife. Using the knife I was able to cut the holes without damaging the paint in the stake pockets. I certainly would have dug into the paint had I used my Dremel.

I spent a bit more and bought the flush-fit rings. I don’t anticipate ever installing a bed cover of any type, but apparently the standard rings stick up just enough to interfere with several types of covers.

No doubt that had I saved some $$$ and bought the standard rings I’d be installing a tonneau down the road and cursing that decision.

These rings feel very sturdy.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Just Vacuumed and washed the carpets today ! Not too bad with the all weather mats. Tomorrow wash and wax

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Went back to my trucking roots back when truckin was fun in the early 80’s. Oh yeah, had to deck my Ram 2500 out w some chicken lights. Even added sleeper lights bars off Peterbilt 359 underneath my cab doors

4D7E50B5-9136-4AD2-8BD7-3E3C0FA87909.jpeg

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It's been over 3 years since the last time I polished and coated my Ram, so it was due! I used CQuartz last time around on it and it held up great, but tried a few different things this time. I deironized it, hit it with clay, 1 step polish, wiped down with IPA and tried the DP Graphene and it is definitely not what I'm used to when applying a coating, but looks great on the dark blue.

View attachment 249258

View attachment 249259

View attachment 249260

What did you use? Ironx? Or magma? And you only did one polishing step ? What did you use? I did my wife’s SUV last year and it is a 3 polish and usually 6-8 pad thing and takes ALL day. It’s a massive pain

Edit: that truck looks amazing btw. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Went back to my trucking roots back when truckin was fun in the early 80’s. Oh yeah, had to deck my Ram 2500 out w some chicken lights. Even added sleeper lights bars off Peterbilt 359 underneath my cab doors

View attachment 249370
First, thank you for your service. I hope you had a blessed Memorial Day. My dad did 26 years AF, retired as a SMSGT.
Second, how did you mount your roof rack. I want to do that exact thing but have trouble finding a mounting system that I like.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wrek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Plastidipped my grill. I haven’t decided yet if I like it or not. I sort of wish it was gloss black instead of satin. I may leave it like this and eventually paint it body color. The plan is to remove or cover all of the chrome on the truck.

26DF9EA5-3FF2-4CFC-8240-58FC9411F493.jpeg

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi