What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got away for a couple days, the campground was almost empty. went on the Thurs cam back on the Mon. Had a visitor, saw 4 of them just didn't have the camera ready. It was awesome to get away after the winter we all had. Took the brain a while to adjust to not having to deal with the craziness but man, it was good. Best part is we were supposed to go may long but the weather was the ***** and were we were supposed to go had an ice storm so we pushed it back till then. Now get to go away again in 3 weeks...

View attachment 250071

View attachment 250072

View attachment 250073

View attachment 250075

View attachment 250076

Nice...what late is that?

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Admired how awesome ceramic coating is and then tried out my new ceramic detailer on it! Two days of sitting in the rain. The VRP on the black trim even held up nicely!

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 11.31.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 11.32.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 11.34.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 11.34.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 11.34.54 AM.png

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Guys this thing is awesome! The only bad part is I wish I had it the last three summers. View attachment 250030View attachment 250031

Have them for all our vehicles. They seriously make a difference keeping the interior cool, and in turn protecting the the dash, seats etc.

As a side note, makes it even harder for someone to see inside the vehicle as well who might be "casing" the contents out. :waytogo:

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Installed this today. Figure its gotta be worth about 15 HP, as it smoothes out the airflow and makes it more "aerodynamic" :cool:

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

MickeyGreene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Debadged everything but the ram heads. I do this with all my cars/trucks and thought I’d like it a lot…especially with how busy the door emblems are. But I’m not quite sold yet, may just take some getting used to though!

MikeDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Debadged everything but the ram heads. I do this with all my cars/trucks and thought I’d like it a lot…especially with how busy the door emblems are. But I’m not quite sold yet, may just take some getting used to though!

Any issues with the paint under the badges ghosting at all?

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed this today. Figure its gotta be worth about 15 HP, as it smoothes out the airflow and makes it more "aerodynamic" :cool:

View attachment 250115

View attachment 250116

Who makes that hood deflector?...it looks like it gives you a bit further coverage (out to the fender tips) than some of the others.

Did you have to remove the rubber weather stripping on the underside of the hood to get it to fit? Thanks

MickeyGreene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any issues with the paint under the badges ghosting at all?

No noticeable difference at all. Im going to get it out in the sun today for a better look, but at first past everything looks good! When the area is wet, you can see where the emblem was, but as soon as it dries, it’s totally gone - if that makes sense. I could probably get after it with a buffer at some point to see if that makes the effect go away, but even leaving it as-is would be a fine because when dry it’s not noticeable.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No noticeable difference at all. Im going to get it out in the sun today for a better look, but at first past everything looks good! When the area is wet, you can see where the emblem was, but as soon as it dries, it’s totally gone - if that makes sense. I could probably get after it with a buffer at some point to see if that makes the effect go away, but even leaving it as-is would be a fine because when dry it’s not noticeable.
I would clay bar it and then give it a good polish then wax those areas. #36 or #38 Chemical guys on the polish and then something like CG butter wax or even the Adams stuff would work great.

MikeDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Awesome. Thanks!

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks!
If you are planning on doing it to that red truck I just thought I'd let you know my 2012 Flame Red truck showed ghosting under the badges pretty noticeable. Yours is 3 years newer so may be less noticeable.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you are planning on doing it to that red truck I just thought I'd let you know my 2012 Flame Red truck showed ghosting under the badges pretty noticeable. Yours is 3 years newer so may be less noticeable.
I did mine in 2016 so truck was 4 years old. Ghosting as well. I clayed it, polished it, and then waxed it. Its like it never was there.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well lucky for me I just wanted to change badges so I didn't have to do anything, just covered them back up! lol
Yeah I don't know why they ghost so bad. Even my charger it was 1 month old and I deleted the dodge emblem on the tail light panel and it ghosted. I had to do the same thing to it.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Who makes that hood deflector?...it looks like it gives you a bit further coverage (out to the fender tips) than some of the others.

Did you have to remove the rubber weather stripping on the underside of the hood to get it to fit? Thanks

It's an AVS Bugflector II. I picked it up at O'Rielly's for about $65.

I had looked at others previously but wasn't really sold on putting one on. After doing a long road trip, and seeing all the bug crap I've reconsidered. Being it's Black (Smoked) it doesn't really stand out too much..... and if I don't like it, it's not a big expense, though even with only having it on for a day, I've already gotten use to it and don't notice it much.

.....and Yes, I did end up removing the rubber seal. Tried it with, but the fit is better without it, as the manufacture does mention.

BTW.... Although I have a 1500, I did do a 2500 Hood and Grill conversion which is why the part number will be different for yours. Same appearance though, and they are paintable as well :waytogo:

IMG_0437.JPG IMG_0438.JPG

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's an AVS Bugflector II. I picked it up at O'Rielly's for about $65.

I had looked at others previously but wasn't really sold on putting one on. After doing a long road trip, and seeing all the bug crap I've reconsidered. Being it's Black (Smoked) it doesn't really stand out too much..... and if I don't like it, it's not a big expense, though even with only having it on for a day, I've already gotten use to it and don't notice it much.

.....and Yes, I did end up removing the rubber seal. Tried it with, but the fit is better without it, as the manufacture does mention.

BTW.... Although I have a 1500, I did do a 2500 Hood and Grill conversion which is why the part number will be different for yours. Same appearance though, and they are paintable as well :waytogo:

View attachment 250167 View attachment 250168

Hey Brother thanks so much for that information....I appreciate it.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked up my "no idea what oil the dealership put in the new Durango" kit, was going to just go with 5W-30 PUP to match the Ram but apparently this 3.6 wants to be different.
sIxUoy4.jpg

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Added some extra protection to her.

859932EA-0D5D-4014-9401-34280FC03AAE.jpeg