What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish I had the space in my small barn to keep something in the Reese. I like the bumper protection concept, not to mention the potential entertainment factor. :cool:

I keep a wood splitter behind my truck and the last time I forgot to pull the ball off, I made contact with the wood spliiter. :rolleyes:

I would have paid money to watch the dude skewer his grill. :D
And, if I would have witnessed you laughing at him, I'm quite confident I would have nearly pissed myself laughing.
It was F N EPIC!

Always keep the bumper protector in ;) (whenever possible :))

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now that we're exploring this bumper protection tangent, I thought I'd post a link for something turkeybird56 shared with me. This unit looks quite practical and I believe it has a great warranty.

https://superbumper.com/superbumper...orbing-receiver-hitch-step-sp424-sparebumper/

Superbumper.jpg

Superbumper closeup.jpg

I found a POS version on Amazon.ca for about $85 but it was Chinese 16 gauge faux steel and the warranty was likely 30 days or 30'. I believe the Super Bumper has a lifetime replacement and might be worth the $200 US.

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Now that we're exploring this bumper protection tangent, I thought I'd post a link for something turkeybird56 shared with me. This unit looks quite practical and I believe it has a great warranty.

https://superbumper.com/superbumper...orbing-receiver-hitch-step-sp424-sparebumper/

View attachment 516767

View attachment 516768

I found a POS version on Amazon.ca for about $85 but it was Chinese 16 gauge faux steel and the warranty was likely 30 days or 30'. I believe the Super Bumper has a lifetime replacement and might be worth the $200 US.

That may set off the rear backup sensors like my hitch would if it was flipped around. That's what's nice about it flipping around for storage, no interference with the sonar.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally installed the KAOdTech bypass, the trailer controller, and started down the long LOOOOONG road of AlfaOBD changes (so far just the trailer controller, and global down. Had a brain fart while I was doing stuff, so I didn't change the eFan speed)... After taking the wife to the bane of every husband's life. Hobby Lobby. Amazingly, Hobby Lobby was our cheapest stop. ($24). But she has started nesting already for kid #2. Which isn't due for 6 months.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Finally installed the KAOdTech bypass, the trailer controller, and started down the long LOOOOONG road of AlfaOBD changes (so far just the trailer controller, and global down. Had a brain fart while I was doing stuff, so I didn't change the eFan speed)... After taking the wife to the bane of every husband's life. Hobby Lobby. Amazingly, Hobby Lobby was our cheapest stop. ($24). But she has started nesting already for kid #2. Which isn't due for 6 months.

Did you save your stock setting first!? Number one rule!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Where is your SGM located?

I know mine is behind the radio but have yet to start that adventure. :cool:

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
So I searched the forum for a thread like this and didn't find anything. I figured it would be fun to have a thread that everyone can watch what everyone is doing each week.

This week I put on Steelcraft nerf bars, and right now I'm getting the permaplating put on the truck. This way it gets a real good bath.
We’re supposed to have 4-5 days with no rain so took a “extended” lunch break & gave my truck a bath.

Attachments

• A6735309-314E-4564-A467-B2AB15EC90C4.jpeg
    A6735309-314E-4564-A467-B2AB15EC90C4.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 8

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I didn’t take any photos. I used Autoshack brand, not to be confused with AutoZone. They were only about $120 for the two rear rotors and the pads. The front ones, I only bought new rotors. I had recently changed pads. The front rotors were a little bit cheaper. I bought everything through Amazon which was a little bit cheaper than AutoShack itself. I’m hoping they are good quality but my back rotors had warped badly and had hot spots on them, so anything is better than what I had.

Aries2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So I searched the forum for a thread like this and didn't find anything. I figured it would be fun to have a thread that everyone can watch what everyone is doing each week.

This week I put on Steelcraft nerf bars, and right now I'm getting the permaplating put on the truck. This way it gets a real good bath.
I put on some new Michelin LTX AT/2 and bought some covers for the rear bed stake holes. Oh, also added a DeeZee tailgate dampener.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That tailgate shock is an amazing upgrade!

I have one of those devices filed in my kitchen and waiting for a sunny day, It's been there for almost a year now.

I'd hoped to refinish the bracket before the installation after reading reports about severe rusting in the Northern climates. :cool:

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I drip with envy. :cool:

That would have derailed my best efforts at procrastination if my Ram was that easy to bypass the SGW.

Isn't it? I have an SGW as well. The cable jumps around it from my understanding. Then again, I do have a first gen SGW...

But I pulled the radio last year for that stupid "melting" issue, and it only takes about 10 minutes to totally remove the radio.

Did it yesterday for the tow controller too. Again, like 10 minutes, and I was at the radio. (Didn't need to pull it this time, but had more crap in the way, and didn't grab the drill this time.)

You do want an impact the first time, as a few of those screws were driven to 6 uga buggas.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn't it? I have an SGW as well. The cable jumps around it from my understanding. Then again, I do have a first gen SGW...

But I pulled the radio last year for that stupid "melting" issue, and it only takes about 10 minutes to totally remove the radio.

Did it yesterday for the tow controller too. Again, like 10 minutes, and I was at the radio. (Didn't need to pull it this time, but had more crap in the way, and didn't grab the drill this time.)

You do want an impact the first time, as a few of those screws were driven to 6 uga buggas.

Thanks for those details, much appreciated.

I'll try to take an exploratory tour as soon as I can fit that in and coordinate with mother nature to avoid cold and yuck falling from the skies. :cool:

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
80 mile one way trip, 35 with gusts to 60mph.
Headwind, 13.8mpg (all indicated)
Tailwind, 20.7mpg roundtrip 16.7