What did you do with your 5th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please post a nice pic when you put them on. I’ve been deciding between the power boards or something like this. Thanks

I sure will, but just found out these are on backorder and expected ship date is 2/5/19[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPYvSPY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
  • Bought it Saturday.
  • Rhino Liner on Monday. Rhino was less than 3hours and $400 at local shop and it looks GREAT!
  • Husky floor liners
  • Shopped for running boards all the other time!
Looking for suggestion on running boards/nerf bars - wheel to wheel or cab only?

Last edited:

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Added Line-X bedliner, Mopar all weather mats, rear wheel liners (note to anyone; make sure to watch you-tube video for it even if dealer is installing for you. No instructions available and there is a step they can miss as they did on mine. Plus need to order 2 extra hex self tapping screws. Correct part number is pinned to comments in video.). Looking to add LEDs to 3rd light, real truck bull ring retractable tie downs, mud flaps and Tonneau-Cover (looking at Gator HR1 or Bak Revolver X2) anyone with those could you post some pics and your thoughts on them.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Swapped from Toyo Open Country LT 295/70/18 tires to Toyo Open Country LT 275/70/18 and am having both front rotors replaced due to noise !!!!

Last edited:

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my spray-in bedliner, finally - now I can start putting the truck back together; my tools are in a big wheel barrow in my garage and my tool box is sitting on my patio, waiting for all this. Was going to do it yesterday but the lining people said to let it cure 24 hours before mucking around in there, so I guess it'll have to wait until this weekend. Lucky I haven't needed the truck (or the tools) this week!
full

full

full

Bedliner was done by Leonard - not sure if they're nationwide but they have a big presence here. Apparently my Dodge dealer has a deal to use them for all their bed liners. We have both Line-X and Rhino at work and this looks about the same as those, in terms of thickness and everything. They did a fantastic job, and it's the first time I've had a spray-in on my personal vehicle; always had slide-ins before this. I'll never do another slide-in after seeing this - it's fantastic!

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK, to continue my progress. Got my toolbox back into the truck and swapped out the rear heavy-duty floor mats for the soft, fancy one. That's for my dog; the heavy-duty one is a little funky to walk on for her. In the process, I noticed there's scissors marks on the back of the mat to cut holes for the tie downs - has anyone cut these holes out? Is it worth it?

SPYvSPY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Added a Truxedo TruxPort bed cover and hardwired my Thinkware 550 front and rear dash cams. Westin HDX Xtreme steps will be here tomorrow!

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK, to continue my progress. Got my toolbox back into the truck and swapped out the rear heavy-duty floor mats for the soft, fancy one. That's for my dog; the heavy-duty one is a little funky to walk on for her. In the process, I noticed there's scissors marks on the back of the mat to cut holes for the tie downs - has anyone cut these holes out? Is it worth it?
Noticed that also. I'd say if you intend on actually using those tie downs it's a nice feature. I don't see myself using them enough to cut a hole in the mat. I'd probably just fold it back for the once in a lifetime use in my case.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Noticed that also. I'd say if you intend on actually using those tie downs it's a nice feature. I don't see myself using them enough to cut a hole in the mat. I'd probably just fold it back for the once in a lifetime use in my case.
That's a really good point. I will probably store stuff that I don't need on a regular basis in the ram boxes anyway, and it's a rare instance when I might need to strap something down inside the truck. I think I'll do just like you said - I have ZERO confidence I can cut holes in the mat and make it look like anything better than a neanderthal started munching on the rubber :D

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK, what else did I do? Well, I ordered Coverking full Neoprene seat covers so that I don't turn the upholstery into ground beef! I went through 2 seat upholstery seat bases on my last truck, mostly from the in and out slide, and I'd hate to have that happen to this one. I think it's less likely - the edge of the seat has much better support than my Titan had, which tended to flex every time you got out and would eventually bust the foam and wear out the seat cover - but considering that sometimes I have to get into this thing muddy, I think I'd rather clean seat covers than the upholstery. Another guy that works for me that just bought one of these is using a Mexican blanket, but he has leather and also is continually readjusting that thing.

I'll post some pics when I get them in. The video looks like they fit pretty tight. People used to rave about Wet Okoles on my last truck, and they were full neoprene, so I hold high hopes for these things.

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I saw some company called Tiger Tough. But just from looking at their demo video, they look like they are sloppy on fitment. I know they're seat covers & they won't look perfect, but still.

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Made an appointment to have the power steering bolt checked that was a recall issue. I will have them check my nutcase radio to see if they can figure out why it loses communication with the thumb drive in the USB slot.