What did you do with your 5th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Well here’s the funny part lol, I ordered all three black emblems for my tailgate and I’m not using any of them now. Since I’m going with the side bed decals, I’m leaving the rear as is.

If you are open to selling the ram's head, i'll buy it. But why not swap at least swap that bad boy? That's a nice looking piece. Then you can hang the chrome one on the wall of your man cave LOL.

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well here’s the funny part lol, I ordered all three black emblems for my tailgate and I’m not using any of them now. Since I’m going with the side bed decals, I’m leaving the rear as is.

Which side bed decals specifically?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You have a valid point as I have it in hand so I may as well swap that one out.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
parts guy at Avondalemotors said the hooks are still on national backorder. They still have 2 available in chrome but when those are gone, it (chrome and black) will be on backorder. If you have a source, that is awesome.

Just an update on this. I visited four dealerships who all had it in stock here. They all say the parts are “reserved” as vendor parts. They couldn’t even explain to me what it meant. I made a big stink about it at the last one because I was frustrated. They knocked 20% off of my bed divider because of it. So at least I got that. I will install it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A local dealer here is saying there’s a shortage on a lot of ‘19 parts so they’re holding them for repair/warranty stuff.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cleaned/reorganized the garage. We normally only kept the Charger in there but the truck cost 20k more than that so in she goes. The extra length makes it tight but without the tow hitch she fits! D9D9D767-3607-47E1-9870-84406A83636C.jpeg

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
“God Damnit”

Two words were never yelled with more anger than 10 minutes ago in my driveway. I set up my rail system for the cargo divider. It’s like 100 degrees, 100% humidity here right now. I go to put on the support bracket and it doesn’t clear the back support of my Tyger cover. Which means it also won’t clear the adjusting front support when I close it. I can’t imagine the Dodge cover operates any differently so how the hell does this work with a cover?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
“God Damnit”

Two words were never yelled with more anger than 10 minutes ago in my driveway. I set up my rail system for the cargo divider. It’s like 100 degrees, 100% humidity here right now. I go to put on the support bracket and it doesn’t clear the back support of my Tyger cover. Which means it also won’t clear the adjusting front support when I close it. I can’t imagine the Dodge cover operates any differently so how the hell does this work with a cover?

Pics?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They bed divider kit I saw on a ram in the lot had tons of room below where a cover would sit

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
They bed divider kit I saw on a ram in the lot had tons of room below where a cover would sit

Yes. The cover space isn’t the issue, it’s the support on the rear and front of the soft tonneau cover. See attached photo for the front ones, the rear ones are always down.

46a479c0f19eb838365512b20349014f.jpg

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Looking at how the hard tops install, I don’t see how I would have a different outcome.

You saw trucks with the cargo storage, a tonneau, and without RAM boxes?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking at how the hard tops install, I don’t see how I would have a different outcome.

You saw trucks with the cargo storage, a tonneau, and without RAM boxes?

No I just saw no ram box with the bed divider and it was easily low enough to clear the cover I have.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
No I just saw no ram box with the bed divider and it was easily low enough to clear the cover I have.

Right but no cover, right? It has a rail that goes up and down attaches to the 2019 rail system and it sticks out over an inch and goes up about an inch. The actual divider is well below the cover.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right but no cover, right? It has a rail that goes up and down attaches to the 2019 rail system and it sticks out over an inch and goes up about an inch. The actual divider is well below the cover.

Hmm.. I think I am confused. I have the rail system in mine but not the divider.