What did you do with your 5th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I posted some way back in this thread that I fitted the ERG bug shield to my new 2021 and didn’t like it cos it was actually a bronze colour in the sun, not what I would call dark smoke, (and I was a full time firefighter for 18years!)On a black truck it doesn’t look good. I called Real Truck where I got it and lo and behold! another one in Matt black came out to me a week later. Full refund for the original too.
Not a plug, but I always look for advice here about good deals/companies so passing it on. The ERG was a good fit. I think they do vent visors too but I held off because as someone said, they did cause extra wind noise in my 17. So those who have them on 2019-2021 do they cause significant noise?
I just put the in channel window visors from AVS (pictured a few posts above this) on my new 21 crew cab and I do not notice any wind noise. They do not interfere with the the auto up function or the the power folding mirrors either

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
went for a long forest service backroads loop around the lake a few days ago to see some forest fire action,then drove 12 hours round trip to get the grandkids for a visit up to the lake house and bring back some patio furniture.i knew the gas mileage would be bad,but damn,it almost broke the bank,lol.now i have to do it again today,this time i'm taking the wifes mazda.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What color built to serve? I just bought a Spitfire Orange
I'll trade you being a former and therefore always US Marine. I got the billet silver air force version, but it checked almost all of my boxes so I'm good. I do love that orange also.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put the AVS shades on my 2015 and they looked just as good six years later when I traded it. I'm in for some more.

Anything we should look out for on the install...areas of "attention." I know on my 2015, I had a place where I had to put the AVS either over or under a rubber piece around the window. I went under and that was the way to go. I heard people who went over had it place a bit of pressure on the adhesive and they came off. Things like that... Same on the front hood edge piece...not deal killers, but you NEED to pay attention...

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i built a set of kayak racks for my 2 electric kayaks out of solid unistrut,not the stuff with the holes in the back.worked fantastic.now i just need to prime/paint them to match the truck.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll trade you being a former and therefore always US Marine. I got the billet silver air force version, but it checked almost all of my boxes so I'm good. I do love that orange also.
Nice. The orange honors the coast guard along with white. It matches my Harley lol. Thanks for your service20210624_101725.jpg

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put the AVS shades on my 2015 and they looked just as good six years later when I traded it. I'm in for some more.

Anything we should look out for on the install...areas of "attention." I know on my 2015, I had a place where I had to put the AVS either over or under a rubber piece around the window. I went under and that was the way to go. I heard people who went over had it place a bit of pressure on the adhesive and they came off. Things like that... Same on the front hood edge piece...not deal killers, but you NEED to pay attention...
When I did mine the instructions say to use the pad to clean the felt it the channel and use the alcohol pad to wipe it before you insert the visor into the channel. I test fit it and rolled the window up with no problem. I rolled out back down then peeled the tape off the adhesive strip then reinserted the visor into the channel and positioned it in place then rolled the window back up. The instructions also say to leave the windows up for 72 hours. The entire installation for all 4 windows was maybe a half hour. I did it on my lunch break at work

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
so today I fitted (over my lovely leather seats!) some car seat covers.
I have used CoverCraft seatsavers before on 2014 and transfered those same covers on 2017. I thought it high time to get some more on this 2021, grey covers looked kind of dumb in a brown interior( also not quite the same fit as 4th gen
So as usual I spent hours on this, going back and forth with the various makes. Nearly bought CoverKING but reviews are mixed. So in the end I just bought the same make in tan. They are great, really great. Fit okay, look good with my interior and I know will last like the others for a good number of years!
Good choice, if I say so myself!
any one want pics shout out.
oh and very quick and easy to fit, 20 mins max! These are the polycotton

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do they interfere with the ventilated seat function?

MrKelly

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ETorque
A low, how are you getting over 21 mpg? I haven't achieved more than 18mpg ever with mine?

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought a new trailer to haul my vette.Its a aluminum 18’ sure trac 9900 gvw and weighs 1900 lbs.Its my first real trailer so I’m learning as much as possible.

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
Today I got the silver pedal covers installed.

CarlaRam18July2021_01.jpg

Since there are currently no OEM covers available for our 5th Gen trucks, I went with the ones available on Amazon for $20.

RamPedals.jpg

They were pretty east to install. They fit tightly as the OEM ones did on my other vehicles but I was able to get them on by hand without tools and/or lubricate. It was just a matter of removing the rubber cover for the brake pedal first. The accelerator pedal cover goes on over the existing plastic pedal. Installation took about five minutes.

CarlaRam18July2021_03.jpg

And they look very nice. My goal is always keep everything looking factory even when it is aftermarket. And these pedals look like they originally belong there. If they hold up, this will be a great add-on for $20. ;)

CarlaRam18July2021_02.jpg

Last edited:

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
Today I installed the rare and highly coveted passenger door cup holder. Look on my cup holder, ye Mighty, and despair! :D

CarlaRam20July2021_01.jpg

The Mopar number is 5YK46TX7AC. Be careful because there are aftermarket versions that are not true Mopar. I got mine from an Amazon seller (Desert Mopar Parts) with the real Mopar version. Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D211K7C/

PS: This is the next to last item we talked about adding to my sweetie's new Ram during our 480-mile trip back home after we bought it. The last item will be the under seat storage. I am almost there.

Last edited:

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
My Ram is home in the garage while I’m traveling with another project vehicle. Said project needs some maintenance tomorrow so I rented a car from Enterprise for a day.
They had a nice clean sedan all ready for me. “Or you can have that pickup, but it’s just back from a job site and really dirty…”

It’s a Rebel. :waytogo:

That decision took 2 microseconds.

So, I’m doing nothing with MINE, but I’m enjoying THEIRS.