What did you do with your 5th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Add a locking Hitch pin and a set of Slush mats to that.

Kevin1022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Picked up my Granite Crystal Laramie last Sunday with Line-X bed liner already done. Now waiting for a Bakflip MX4 to arrive next Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin1022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
^^^. Your dealerships are open on Sunday ?

This one is 11 am - 4 pm for sales. Service is closed. I did a couple of test drives on Sunday too, so I guess it is not that uncommon around the greater Boston area.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Picked it up from the dealership today from once again having my rear window resealed. They also have to replace the entire cover off of my rear seat from the water seeping in.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where did you notice water? We had some good rain today and I checked the back seats and didn’t see anything. Checked the storage bin and the carpet on/behind seats and headline.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The water was dripping down my drivers rear power sliding glass. It actually was coming from the channel that connects the window to the frame. The glue in that one area was not adhering. Have you used a pressure wash on that area to really check ? I’m not saying yours will leak, but better to find out now if it does.

dsps70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemiV8
I waited too long. These are now on national backorder. Parts guy at Avondalemotors will try to get some anyway so we'll see.

Do you have a link for AvonDalemotors? Can’t seem to find it thru the usual search methods. Thank you

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

dsps70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemiV8
With the grills and liner and everything all in is about $1000 or so (CAD). So about $700 or so USD.

Is it possible to post a pic of your purchase please? Did u purchase the blacked out grill with blacked out RAM to replace the chrome one ... or in addition to this, you purchased the SPORTS HOOD... with the vents similar to the hood that comes with Laramie having the black appearance package and sports appearance packages?

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got my putco light blade/bar in the mail. Looking to install this evening if I still have some good posi-tap connectors left. This one supposedly has the beam/pipe of light as opposed to the old 'dots' of led in the older style bars.

upload_2018-7-25_14-8-47.png

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Just got my putco light blade/bar in the mail. Looking to install this evening if I still have some good posi-tap connectors left. This one supposedly has the beam/pipe of light as opposed to the old 'dots' of led in the older style bars.

View attachment 135362

Interested to see how it turns out and how the Ram electrical system plays with the added load.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

View attachment 135362
Sorry to say they made the design under the tailgate so there's not a clean way to mount a light bar that I can see. The harness for the power latch and camera is directly in the way. You would have no visible choice other than to mount the bar below that wire harness and unfortunately the area is not flat. There are two odd bumps plus the 'latch' to release the wire harness door. That latch that releases the wire harness would have to be covered, period. So let's say that's not a big deal as you can remove this particular light bar from it's clips if you needed to remove the tailgate/harness for any reason. You still don't have any flat surface that stretches the length of the entire tailgate. Can't get any pictures to come out or I'd show you what I'm on about...I'm bummed but there's no way to mount a light bar to my OCD specs that I can see....maybe after I think on it for a few but I plan to return it and admit defeat at this point.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgive my ignorance, but what is that light bar for? You were planning to mount it on the tailgate?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobram1500