What did you do with your (new) stock tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rambo71

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran the first set into slicks, had Goodyear Wranglers next and now Pirelli Scorpion All-Terrain Plus. Liked the handling of the Goodyears, now locked into these lousy Pirellis until they are flat or bald. Trouble balancing the first set, warrantied for another set (Thanks Pirelli for a lousy warranty (swap only)). Still feel like I'm riding on 4 square tires. KO2s or Falken next.

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Great question because on my 2020 PW I just purchased I think I am going to sell Bfg’s and stock rims together.

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just ordered new rims if anyone needs factory rims

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i just had my oem duracraps studded and mounted on some new ion rims for winter use.i've been running 35 ridge grapplers since the spring but they are not great in snow.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Creating an issue where none exist.
Why do you need 37s on the highway?

OP
OP
D

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My question was rather: why run the Duratrac off-road tires on the highway? That's not their intended use case.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
My question was rather: why run the Duratrac off-road tires on the highway? That's not their intended use case.
The Duratrac has a 3PMSF rating of which is enforced by law in some regions for winter highway driving.

Last edited:

TPW19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
What’s wrong with running the Duratracs on the highway? I have over 41,000 miles on mine and they’re still looking good. Both highway and gravel road use. Most time with a load in the bed and often pulling an equipment trailer.

OP
OP
D

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well, they do have a higher negative profile than road or At tires, giving them a disadvantage regarding lane tracking, braking distance, longevity and noise.
Off-road, of course, that turns into an advantage and they outperform road tires.

Tire design is always a compromise (At tires are proof of that), you can't have it all in one tire. That's why I prefer to choose the kind of tire best suited for my application. For others, that will certainly be a different one.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
You know guys this really isn't all that complicated. You can get great off road tires like Mud Terrains, off road biased all round tires like Duratrac and BFG All Terrains, or Highway biased tires that look tough. Pick your poison, but there is no such thing as a great off road tire that is also a great pavement tire. Quit looking for Unicorns, they are a fairytale that doesn't exist.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
there's no law saying you can have only 1 set of tires.if i'm pulling my travel trailer i put on my towing tires.if it's going to snow i put on my snow tires.otherwise i put on my every day a/t tires.it isn't difficult to swap out a set.the only roadblock is having the space to store them.between the truck and the wifes car i have 4 extra sets laying around.not to mention all the spares and trailer tires,side by side sets,tracks,etc.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
In a perfect world I'd have a spare set of studded snow tires on their own rims to throw on Nov 1st...
Till then I'll make do with my 35" Klevar RTs which are pretty good on dry pavement but great in the snow...

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
there's no law saying you can have only 1 set of tires.if i'm pulling my travel trailer i put on my towing tires.if it's going to snow i put on my snow tires.otherwise i put on my every day a/t tires.it isn't difficult to swap out a set.the only roadblock is having the space to store them.between the truck and the wifes car i have 4 extra sets laying around.not to mention all the spares and trailer tires,side by side sets,tracks,etc.
Stop it.
Just, Stop It.

Quit making sense.
No one wants to listen to Reason.

Folks far prefer Histronics and that which Boogles the mind.

BTW, 2021 with NO MODS in your signature?
NO MODS AT ALL?

WTH?

PS
The above is Sarcasm . For those who are Humor challenged,
find a normal person to explain it to you.

Have a Good Day, Sheldon.

Ps Ps

I really miss that show.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
What am I doing with my New, Stock tires?

I am Happily backing my Truck up,
as close as i possibly can,
to the garage doors of all my friends and family,
while they are at work, and laying down twin stripes of Mopar Power.

It's nice being Retired.

My Buddy just dropped $20K on a brand spanking new driveway.
I see he took down the barriers today and parked his Wife's Jeep on it.
Got so excited, I imagined that's what the little purple Wonder Pill must feel like.

I can't wait for the rain to stop and they both to drive off in their cars.
Tomorrows looking good.

If you do not here from me, ever again, know I ticked off the wrong Marine.
...but, it was totally Worth it.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
PS

My Sister came over, yesterday, with her Husband, to see the new truck.
Saw the rubber on my driveway and started complaining about darn Kids peeling out, in her driveway.

I commiserated rather vehemently.
Damn Kids,

She never noticed my Twin Stripes of Mopar Power started from my garages rear wall, not the garage door.
That's what made it so funny.

Trucks got 452 miles of painting Twin Stripes of Mopar Power on it.
With many more driveways to go.

Wonder if I can get on the news about mysterious Driveway marks.
You know, like Crop Circles, years ago.

Last edited:

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Make the driveway marks last deeper into the driveway by installing some tungsten carbide tipped studs on those stock OEM Goodyear Duratrac tires.