What do I do????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bear run

bear run

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s fantastic!!!
When you’re ready to pull the trigger allow @Nick@GotExhaust to give you a quote you never know his prices may be good enough to not have to wait on the coil overs.

He would have to be lower than what bds quotes from the factory than If that's possible. The kit I priced on the site is 3800 without the coilovers. I'm also kind of inclined to get the kit through the shop that is putting it together, as they have already spent a good amount of time shooting the breeze with me and answering an annoying level of questions that I have. I mean if @Nick can get it considerably cheaper and the shop won't match I guess that's a different story. But the kit is the 6" bds with every upgraded option other than the coilovers.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recommend going with Zone, just as good and much cheaper. We can then get you setup 2.5" Fox Coil overs. Let me know if you would like a quote. Just send me a message

JD522

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can someone explain how you get a 5/3 Zone lift as stated earlier in this thread? I have 2.75" of rake right now. So, a 6/3 will leave it nose high, which I definitely don't want. I assumed I had to get a 4/3" with 5100s up front to add the extra front height. I assume I will bet getting 5100s regardless. Would it be better to get the 5/3 from Zone and leave the 5100s at 0 adjustment?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Can someone explain how you get a 5/3 Zone lift as stated earlier in this thread? I have 2.75" of rake right now. So, a 6/3 will leave it nose high, which I definitely don't want. I assumed I had to get a 4/3" with 5100s up front to add the extra front height. I assume I will bet getting 5100s regardless. Would it be better to get the 5/3 from Zone and leave the 5100s at 0 adjustment?
Fox/BDS coil overs are fully adjustable roughly anywhere from 4”-7”
D70FD0C8-72CD-4BC3-BB19-24A8184C1524.jpeg

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with the coil overs. Is the front higher than the rear?

JD522

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with the coil overs. Is the front higher than the rear?
No. The rear is higher than the front. I don't know much about suspension or lifts. If I understand correctly, the Zone lift is a spacer above the strut. So to get a Zone 5" lift do you just use the adjustable coil over instead of the spacer? If so, is this better than using the Zone lift spacer + Bilstein 5100s - other than the coil over being superior to the 5100?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
No. The rear is higher than the front. I don't know much about suspension or lifts. If I understand correctly, the Zone lift is a spacer above the strut. So to get a Zone 5" lift do you just use the adjustable coil over instead of the spacer? If so, is this better than using the Zone lift spacer + Bilstein 5100s - other than the coil over being superior to the 5100?
Sorry I read wrong I thought you had the zone lift already. Coil overs are a far better way to lift anything. However they usually cost the same as the entire lift so they are not for everyone. Another way to achieve 5-3 is to set your billsteins at the stock height and not use the preload spacer included in the kit. Zones strut top spacers will net you 5” in the front and a 3” rear coil will leave you with a rake of 3/4”

JD522

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I read wrong I thought you had the zone lift already. Coil overs are a far better way to lift anything. However they usually cost the same as the entire lift so they are not for everyone. Another way to achieve 5-3 is to set your billsteins at the stock height and not use the preload spacer included in the kit. Zones strut top spacers will net you 5” in the front and a 3” rear coil will leave you with a rake of 3/4”
Is that a better way to lift than using the 4/3 with Bilsteins extended a bit?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Is that a better way to lift than using the 4/3 with Bilsteins extended a bit?
It’s a 4/2 lift out of the box unless you mix and match.
We can help you much better on here if you’re more specific in what you would like to have. If you have a wheel and tire combo you want to clear, the look you’re going for etc. Everyone has their own budget to contend with so we can dial in a kit with your needs and budget. The broad questions tend to get other members confused and mislead

JD522

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will start a new thread so I don't hijack this one any further. I just saw mention of a 5/3 Zone lift and was curious.