What do you like about your Ram...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ride, reliability, and just the looks, LED exterior Lighting a must also. I am not Brand Loyal, but the RAM has the better ride, interior and the V8. Beats V6, IMHO. I looked at a Toyota 1794 2022 other day. Real nice, all bling, whistles, but friggin V 6 2 turbo. OK, but at 67K plus out the door, my 2019 Ram Bighorn DT truck, with just level 2 options, was 48K, I paid 41K and own the pink slip, works for me.

Wirerat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ride, reliability, and just the looks, LED exterior Lighting a must also. I am not Brand Loyal, but the RAM has the better ride, interior and the V8. Beats V6, IMHO. I looked at a Toyota 1794 2022 other day. Real nice, all bling, whistles, but friggin V 6 2 turbo. OK, but at 67K plus out the door, my 2019 Ram Bighorn DT truck, with just level 2 options, was 48K, I paid 41K and own the pink slip, works for me.
I tried really hard to like the 2nd gen tundra. Two 24 hour tests drives... Ugh. They hate me at carmax now.

The first one was a 2018 platnum crew max. Truck was beautiful. But compared to my 2017 bighorn, it drove like crap.

I thought OK, that's gotta be a one off. So I tested a 2020 limitied cm 4x4. Same experience. It was like driving a truck from 2005.

The hemi + 8hp70 is so much smoother with crisper shifts that It didn't even feel like an upgrade moving from a big horn ram to a newer year platnum tundra.

I knew after that 2nd tundra test drive, the only option for me was a newer ram.

Forestry_Ridge

Wildland firefighter/EMT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I like the in cab coolers my 2010 trx4 came with. Also liked how it had a spot on the dash for auxiliary light switches. Also found a good place to mount my CB and my VHF radios for fire, but not a good place to mount the siren or flasher controller. Overall it’s still a great truck.

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
I have a 2023 Bighorn with the level-one equipment group. The only 12-volt socket is on the top of the dash. Why I don't know, it's really an awkward place for me. Nothing in the back. No way for passengers to run or charge electronics since there are no USB outlets in the back and quite limited in the front. Also, my Ford XLT which is a comparable model had electric-operated seats which included lumbar support. The USB ports in the front are extremely hard for a passenger to access. It seems to be a thing with most brands of trucks, but if there is room for storage under the rear seat why is there nothing built in to contain stuff (or junk)?

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
I really like how quiet the cab is.
Push to start.
Auto-on parking brake.
Stop-start is great.
But especially the ride quality. My previous F-150 was beating the heck out of my neck.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2023 Bighorn with the level-one equipment group. The only 12-volt socket is on the top of the dash. Why I don't know, it's really an awkward place for me. Nothing in the back. No way for passengers to run or charge electronics since there are no USB outlets in the back and quite limited in the front. Also, my Ford XLT which is a comparable model had electric-operated seats which included lumbar support. The USB ports in the front are extremely hard for a passenger to access. It seems to be a thing with most brands of trucks, but if there is room for storage under the rear seat why is there nothing built in to contain stuff (or junk)?
Wow they must have removed some convenience items in the fifth gens. I have a 2018 forth gen BigHorn level two group and I have the USB hub in the center console that accepts two phones to charge and work with CarPlay/AA. A 110V dash socket, 110V rear console socket for the back seat and a old fashion cigarette lighter type outlet in the center console front and another rear of console for the back seat. Truck bed has an outlet also. The cig outlets are great for the common barrel type 12V USB chargers.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Wow they must have removed some convenience items in the fifth gens. I have a 2018 forth gen BigHorn level two group and I have the USB hub in the center console that accepts two phones to charge and work with CarPlay/AA. A 110V dash socket, 110V rear console socket for the back seat and a old fashion cigarette lighter type outlet in the center console front and another rear of console for the back seat. Truck bed has an outlet also. The cig outlets are great for the common barrel type 12V USB chargers.
I have all that stuff in my 5th gen 2500 Bighorn, except for the outlet in the bed, and the 110V sockets, unless I just haven't found them yet...

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I love interior mostly.... real wood grain inlays, and the very comfortable leather seats with the accent stitching. The large 12 inch display is very tech oriented for this old guy. Its very quiet for a diesel, and pulls my RV like it isnt there. And its also purty on the outside too.

Bearcatrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Love the 8 speed transmission. Had a 3/4 ton with same engine but a 6 speed transmission. Big difference. Will see in a couple weeks how it handles pulling my 5th wheel through the pass between Cheyenne and Laramie. My 6 speed struggled. Hoping the 8 speed makes a big difference.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.

You have a 110 outlet in the rear console & bed? Did you add these? I don't think I have neither.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Love the 8 speed transmission. Had a 3/4 ton with same engine but a 6 speed transmission. Big difference. Will see in a couple weeks how it handles pulling my 5th wheel through the pass between Cheyenne and Laramie. My 6 speed struggled. Hoping the 8 speed makes a big difference.
How are you going to determine if it's the 8 speed or the HO motor, if there is a big difference?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
How are you going to determine if it's the 8 speed or the HO motor, if there is a big difference?
There is no HO 6.4 Hemi. They are all the same. The truck he had before was a pre-2019 6.4 Hemi with the 66RFE 6 speed. The truck he has now is a 2019+ 6.4 Hemi with the 8HP 8 speed. Assuming the same rear diff ratio between the 2, the trans would be the only difference.
Either way, @Bearcatrp, I swapped the 8HP 8 speed into my 2017 2500, so I have an actual “this is the only thing different” scenario, and it is a very noticeable difference pulling up inclines.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You have a 110 outlet in the rear console & bed? Did you add these? I don't think I have neither.
I went out and checked. I do have the outlet on the rear of the center console but not in the bed. I could have swore there was one next to the on/off switch for the bed lights. I purchased my truck CPO one year old. It was leased by a paint contractor so it’s possible it was installed aftermarket but it looks factory. If it’s aftermarket they did a great job.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
I was a GM truck guy for a long time, had 7 of the '99-07 Chevy and GMC trucks and SUVs. I know everything about those trucks and they're easy to work on but wanted something more refined this go 'round, so I ended up with my '17 Sport. My top 5 loves about this truck are:

-The ride. I've never ridden in a more comfortable full size pickup
-Hemi/8-speed/3.92 combo is magic
-They nailed the appearance of these Sport package trucks
-Proximity entry is amazing. I've gotten spoiled, I cuss our new dually at work all the time because it doesn't have it
-The bed lighting is awesome with a tonneau cover. Never thought I'd care about something like that but I can honestly say I love that feature

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess I love that its made it 160k with no major issue.

IGotABigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi ETorque
I have a 2022 bighorn and I have an abundance of usb ports along with 12v power ports. There are also 2 outlets that have a 400 watt max rating. There is even a usb port in the damn center console that I will never use.

As for the storage issue under the rear seat.… That is a 65 dollar add on from dealer. I skipped this and bought aftermarket. I wanted the bin with the gun/rifle holder built into it. That was like a 200 dollar storage box upgrade.

Bearcatrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
There is no HO 6.4 Hemi. They are all the same. The truck he had before was a pre-2019 6.4 Hemi with the 66RFE 6 speed. The truck he has now is a 2019+ 6.4 Hemi with the 8HP 8 speed. Assuming the same rear diff ratio between the 2, the trans would be the only difference.
Either way, @Bearcatrp, I swapped the 8HP 8 speed into my 2017 2500, so I have an actual “this is the only thing different” scenario, and it is a very noticeable difference pulling up inclines.
Correct. Same rear end. Pulling inclines with this 8 speed is a big difference from my 6 speed. I’ll find out next week on that big ass pass I’ll be going through again. It was brutal on my 6 speed.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks for the clarification. I have to admit, I don't much about the gas motor/tranny combos in the Ram line. I thought he was talking about 8 speed tranny the HO Cummins gets. My bad.

G/T jonny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
2022 1500 Laramie G/T top 6 likes:

-THAT INTERIOR. I came from a 2003 1500 that was all textured hard plastic. Germans know how to do interiors. I am impressed every time I open the door. My wife says it’s like we are in a Cadillac.
-The ZF 8 speed- always in the right gear.
-The OUTSTANDING exterior styling. Satisfies my ego fix.
-The center console shifter- OH YEAH.
- The sound of the Mopar cat-back setup is really really good.
- The 5.7 Hemi/ZF8 and 3.92 pulls the boat like it isn’t really there.