What Do You Love, And What Do You Hate About Your Eco?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So you're out a vehicle while they do it then? That would be a bummer
I'm pretty sure you can order one by giving them your VIN/specs and give them an extra $650 deposit. They'll send you a new (to you) ECM that you can plug in and then you send your ECM back to them. Sfter they check out that it's good, they'll refund your deposit. That way you won't be without the truck. (Key words are "I'm pretty sure" - you'd have to confirm).

You are correct you can do that also.

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Ok...I thought I'd post some real number here...

I LOVE the MPGs of my truck. We recently moved and I have a much longer drive to work now. With winter fuel, I'm getting a very steady 20mpg now. I ran mid grade in my '14 Hemi ram and in the winter, got a very solid 12mpg.

With what I drive, I'm saving over $100/month...

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I bought mine for the economy. When I bought it I could fill it from empty for $60. Now that diesel is 60 to 70 cents a gallon more than regular here in California, $60 won't fill it from just below half a tank. I still love the economy, but I think it would cost less to drive a HEMI truck. Now if I had a long commute that might be different. I don't, so I don't know

Dubbsy01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 eco diesel
I love the mpg averaging 21 mpg.
But I have a love hate relationship with my air ride suspension. I love that Truck drives like an old Caddillac, floating down the road, but I hate that there is no real easy way to get a little height for the bigger tires ! ?

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love the GDE Trans Tune!!!!

Wow what a difference in feel, shifting and a slightly MPG bump, well worth the money

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
So you're out a vehicle while they do it then? That would be a bummer
Having installed the GDE tune I can say it is absolutely excellent. First, yes you send them your ECM, or put a $650 deposit on an exchange unit. The refund of the $650 is actually very quick after you return the ECM. Second, turbo lag is all but non-existent after the tune is installed. Very responsive and, while not the actual purpose, an additional ~8 HP. I live in Phoenix, which means that almost all drives include a fair amount of freeway driving, and my in town mileage is 25+mpg. Towing my 6000# travel trailer drops that to 15+mpg. I couldn't imagine leaving the ECM stock at this point.
The only drawback I have found is that I like the truck so much I am continually looking for mods that will enhance comfort, style and towing ease. Too much dough on mods!
RichH

B2116P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Coming from a lifted Hemi, I will say I love the MPGs of the EcoDiesel. I have always been around diesels and grew a love for them. I would love a Cummins, but the reality is that is too much truck (if there is such a thing) for what I need. The EcoDiesel gives me a diesel truck capable of what I need it to do and gives me good fuel mileage while doing it. It was also a lot cheaper than the Cummins I was looking at.

Anything I don't like is minor and has been/will be changed, mostly cosmetic things (too much chrome, sits too low). I would say the biggest thing I didn't like was all the emissions stuff, but that has been taken care of.

Overall, it is a great truck and my favorite truck I have ever owned.

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Only complaint and echoing some previous complaints is that it isn’t a Cummins, but the fuel mileage is awesome so it’s a minor complaint. Although if mine ever takes a dump I will seriously consider swapping in a small block Cummins if I can :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio