"What DON'T you like about your 5th Gen RAM"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Talking just below the headlights. Look at this.. Excuse the dirt but you can clearly see the difference in paint. No metallic in the plastic. Will have to find another built to serve edition and see if it has the same issue. View attachment 225553

Flares are good.

For me anyways, it’s just hard to not wonder if they just messed up on your truck because kind of like I was saying before, my truck has the factory fender flares on it as well and my fender flares and that strip of plastic basically between the headlights/grille and the bumper has all been painted the same color as the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oakley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 big horn Built to Serve
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For me anyways, it’s just hard to not wonder if they just messed up on your truck because kind of like I was saying before, my truck has the factory fender flares on it as well and my fender flares and that strip of plastic basically between the headlights/grille and the bumper has all been painted the same color as the truck.

I know they did it on the 4th Gen for sure. Haven't really explored it until now. Any other 5th Gen owners see this ?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know they did it on the 4th Gen for sure. Haven't really explored it until now. Any other 5th Gen owners see this ?

I just did a Google search of 2020 ram 1500’s and all the pictures I saw, that piece below the headlights sure looks to me like it’s supposed to be painted the same color as the truck. I’d take it back and ask them about it.

Oakley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just did a Google search of 2020 ram 1500’s and all the pictures I saw, that piece below the headlights sure looks to me like it’s supposed to be painted the same color as the truck. I’d take it back and ask them about it.

I did the same but couldn't find any of the diamond black with a close up photo. When the truck is wet / clean you cant tell unless you are right on top of it.

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well, I don't have Diamond Black, Built to Serve, or live in Canada, but my truck is all the same color except where it ain't (supposed to be). Like the grill and door pillars.

Oakley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, I don't have Diamond Black, Built to Serve, or live in Canada, but my truck is all the same color except where it ain't (supposed to be). Like the grill and door pillars.
I sent the pic to the dealer. see What they say.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Aren’t you driving yours in a lot of mud and stuff for work? Mine is almost 3 years old with pretty close to 30,000 miles and all that on mine still looks pretty brand new.

It gets muddy, but I clean it pretty quick. Also, keep in mind I've only driven it a little over a year. The first 2 years it barely moved and lived in a garage because I didn't trust it to be reliable in remote locations or like the truck for a variety of my own reasons. Between the loose wire in a harness locking it in park, rear diff leak and transmission failure before it ever got close to a job site it was pretty hard to trust it.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
3 or 4 thread topics on the 5th Gen forum.

One called "Air Conditioning Performance" with 55 PAGES of complaining.......
New TSB out today for the AC performance issues - TSB #24-001-20

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Ramcare posted this (and the funny thing is my truck was built in late August 2020 with fantastic A/C...I see the TSB is for vehicles built before July 30 so maybe they realized the issue, corrected it with August 2020 builds and are now implementing it for previous builds):

Attachments

• TSB-24-001-20.pdf
    71.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
l
I don't like that you cant open the rear doors with proximity passive entry or whatever its called
How is that even a problem? I open my rear doors with the passive entry all the time- I walk up to my truck, stand by the rear door and touch the driver door handle and viola, all doors unlock.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How is that even a problem? I open my rear doors with the passive entry all the time- I walk up to my truck, stand by the rear door and touch the driver door handle and viola, all doors unlock.

Would be way easier if all handles just had the function, my GF's 2018 Jetta has this as does many other cars I've seen. Biggest deal in the world? No, but wouldn't be the biggest deal in the world for ram to make them function this way either.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would be way easier if all handles just had the function, my GF's 2018 Jetta has this as does many other cars I've seen. Biggest deal in the world? No, but wouldn't be the biggest deal in the world for ram to make them function this way either.

Easier- maybe. I guess but I guess I have to remember the premise of the thread...[emoji849]

But as I said before long long ago, all this extra stuff y’all be wishin’ for; or in a lack of better terms, feeding the content of this thread, our trucks are already expensive enough as it is; the more and more **** added just to satisfy the most picky-est customer is just gonna drive up cost, which is why I myself am perfectly fine with just extending my arm over to touch the driver handle so I can open the rear door....

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My auto high beams don't work when it's pitch black. Road signs reflect back enough to kick them off is the best I can figure.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My auto high beams don't work when it's pitch black. Road signs reflect back enough to kick them off is the best I can figure.

How bright of your headlights? Are they stock bulbs? My auto highbeams worked perfectly until I started putting brighter bulbs in.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How bright of your headlights? Are they stock bulbs? My auto highbeams worked perfectly until I started putting brighter bulbs in.

Stock. Work fine twilight or on a bright moon night, but pitch black as many of the highways I travel they seldom work. Not an easy thing for a dealer to test given there aren't many pitch black areas in the city to try it nor dealer mechanics that want to work night shift.

Last edited:

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ramcare posted this (and the funny thing is my truck was built in late August 2020 with fantastic A/C...I see the TSB is for vehicles built before July 30 so maybe they realized the issue, corrected it with August 2020 builds and are now implementing it for previous builds):

View attachment 228490

Do you have the full text of that TSB or a link to it so we can see what the fix is?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stock. Work fine twilight or on a bright moon night, but pitch black as many of the highways I travel they seldom work. Not an easy thing for a dealer to test given there aren't many pitch black areas in the city to try it nor dealer mechanics that want to work night shift.

Is there any window tint, dirt, or anything else in front of the camera on the front side of your mirror?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Window isn't spotless as it's winter, but I've noticed it in the summer sparkly clean. No tint. Just a stock windshield. Also doesn't work on switchbacks. Almost hit a deer. When it popped out the high beams cut out added a little extra startle to an already startling scenario and that was just after I bought it and didn't expect it. Now it's just normal for the high beams to cut out at random and come back on occasionally when they feel like it. Besides you would think covering it would just keep it from kicking out from oncoming light. Mine kick out at random and don't want to come back on. I can take it off auto and use the high beams the manual way and they work fine.