"What DON'T you like about your 5th Gen RAM"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Here is the full TSB for the AC issue

Attachments

• TSB-24-001-20.pdf
    71.3 KB · Views: 11

BowDown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How is that even a problem? I open my rear doors with the passive entry all the time- I walk up to my truck, stand by the rear door and touch the driver door handle and viola, all doors unlock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine doesn't do that, only the front doors

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Thank You! Good info. Although unfortunately the fix is replacing the entire HVAC housing...
Agree! Looks like an expensive fix for FCA. I hope it fixes the issues for those guys affected by it.

Southern Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would say the only thing i don't like about it is that it doesn't have controls on the steering wheel for the radio and volume.

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Would be way easier if all handles just had the function, my GF's 2018 Jetta has this as does many other cars I've seen.

Yeah, I agree, YUGE PIA to have to Touch the front door handle to unlock the truck so you can open the back doors.

By the way, I'm serious. I agree, it's ridiculous. I also am a guy that had to have a metal key to open any door for many, many years.

So, I'm not crying TOOOO hard...

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
[QUOTE="BWL, post: 2396785, member: 57551 Road signs reflect back enough to kick them off..[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Completely stock here as well.

I turned it of on both my '15 and '20.

Side note: even if it worked 110% perfectly, it can't work as good as a human - a human can see that another vehicle is approaching (even if the actual source is not visible), and NOT go back to High Beam, only to dip down .3 seconds later...

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New

How is that even a problem? I open my rear doors with the passive entry all the time- I walk up to my truck, stand by the rear door and touch the driver door handle and viola, all doors unlock.

In settings, you can tell the truck which doors open when you touch the front door handle.

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I would say the only thing i don't like about it is that it doesn't have controls on the steering wheel for the radio and volume.

What kinda controls do you want?

The ability to create a new station with your preferred music,
A 3D hologram of Taylor Swift
???

Maybe it's because I have some exotic trim level, but on both my '15 Sport and '20 Laramie I can skip to the next station as well as control the volume right from the ole steering wheel.

Or, maybe you need to read the owners' manual?

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
In settings, you can tell the truck which doors open when you touch the front door handle.

BUT, you can't tell it to unlock the Rear Door when you touch the Rear Door!!

That's what this was about. D'oh!

Not that I think the original complaint is above a 5/10, but it IS a definable, and legitimate "complaint".

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
BUT, you can't tell it to unlock the Rear Door when you touch the Rear Door!!

That's what this was about. D'oh!

Not that I think the original complaint is above a 5/10, but it IS a definable, and legitimate "complaint".

Got it, and you're right it would be very convenient. My 18 BMW had that feature on all doors, and I loved it.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What kinda controls do you want?

The ability to create a new station with your preferred music,
A 3D hologram of Taylor Swift
???

Maybe it's because I have some exotic trim level, but on both my '15 Sport and '20 Laramie I can skip to the next station as well as control the volume right from the ole steering wheel.

Or, maybe you need to read the owners' manual?

Maybe he has a Tradesman, my '14 does not have steering wheel controls for the radio, which I do feel is a minor safety hazard.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got it, and you're right it would be very convenient. My 18 BMW had that feature on all doors, and I loved it.

I could see something like that on a ritzy Bimmer but not a Ram pickup.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe he has a Tradesman, my '14 does not have steering wheel controls for the radio, which I do feel is a minor safety hazard.

Yeah, you would think- and I do agree, reaching for the radio is a saftey concern and you’d think that by now that those remote radio controls would be standard equipment but the lack of those buttons is one of the many things that keeps those Tradesmens as cheap as they are.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
You sure? On the backside of the wheel are buttons for controls. I would have swore my 13 Express had it.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I could see something like that on a ritzy Bimmer but not a Ram pickup.

The Chevy Traverse has the button on all 4 doors. I just had one as a rental and was like damn, I wish the RAM had this lol

johnspd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
2019 2500 CC 4wd 6.7 CTD. 12" Infotainment center locks up constantly, fuel mileage is terrible compared to the other Cummins I have owned and the turbo lag is horrible.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I agree, YUGE PIA to have to Touch the front door handle to unlock the truck so you can open the back doors.

By the way, I'm serious. I agree, it's ridiculous. I also am a guy that had to have a metal key to open any door for many, many years.

So, I'm not crying TOOOO hard...

Haha yeah I'm not crying too hard either, really I just like playing devils advocate to corny every once in a while. It would be handy, most of the time I have to go for the rear doors first but I've got long arms so not a huge deal!