"What DON'T you like about your 5th Gen RAM"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1. Put a Divider in the top arm rest so when in the fully raised position all the contents do not fall to rear!
Take a look on Amazon, man. They got all sorts of s*** just like what you’re looking for.

2. Telescoping Steering Wheel, you have power every thing else!
See Test Pilot’s post.

3. Have a meeting with Shell Oil to Develop PUP oil to lubricate the Cams adequately to prevent premature wear causing the "Hemi Tick".
That’s not the problem. Well sure, they could develop better lifters but besides that, the other main problem is cheap 5w-20 semi-synthetic engine oil that’s way too lightweight for a 400-horse V8 that they “recommend” you go a substantial amount of miles before changing, along with a cheap paper oil filter, and possible steep penalties against your warranty(should anything ever happen) if you’ve ran outside of what they “recommend” in terms of oil. You’re only allowed to use oil that’s API Certified and meets Chrysler’s MS-6395 specifications which doesn’t leave you with much.

I’m probably taking a big risk using Amsoil’s Signature Series 5w-20 but even though it’s not necessarily API Certified and meets Chrysler’s spec towards lubricants, it actually exceeds both of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Miss having a shifter. To rest my hand on and also for faster shifting. The electronic shift is slow, especially when you need to backup in a laneway in a busy area. Feels like it takes forever.

cms1528

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You think the RAM has a slow electronic shifter try a Honda Accord, I have to wait for a count of three for reverse to engage after I push the stupid button. BUTTONS, good heavens.......

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Miss having a shifter. To rest my hand on and also for faster shifting. The electronic shift is slow, especially when you need to backup in a laneway in a busy area. Feels like it takes forever.

Mine is quick enough to snap your head because you weren't ready for it.

How many vehicles made in the last year have non-electronic ATs anyways?

One reason I have manuals in any vehicle I can.

giganova

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Also: no LED headlights. What car/truck in that price range doesn't have LED lights these days?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I miss the old factory tail lights. Bulbs were 3 or 4 bucks. These cost 500 or so if they burn out.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
??
My Laramie has LEDs.
I was gonna say, he posted this in the 5th Gen discussion so uh, there's no excuse to not have LED headlights.

But I guess just like the guy who whined because he didn't get a CD player with his truck.... shoulda got one, dude!....lol.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I miss the old factory tail lights. Bulbs were 3 or 4 bucks. These cost 500 or so if they burn out.
Well, they are LED. LED ain't cheap but if you don't wanna pay 500 bucks for new factory LED tail lights.... are they really $500? Is that each, or a pair? Oh well, I got lifetime warranty if one of mine go out....lol. But if one should go out, other brands are much cheaper. Or just find you some used incandescent tail lights somewhere and there ya go. Those chrome Anzo LED tail lights I had bought for my old Ram was only $180 for two.

Attachments

• 3FD13C7F-F619-442A-B12B-31E754ACBF35_1_201_a.jpeg
    3FD13C7F-F619-442A-B12B-31E754ACBF35_1_201_a.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 1

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well, they are LED. LED ain't cheap but if you don't wanna pay 500 bucks for new factory LED tail lights.... are they really $500? Is that each, or a pair? Oh well, I got lifetime warranty if one of mine go out....lol. But if one should go out, other brands are much cheaper. Or just find you some used incandescent tail lights somewhere and there ya go. Those chrome Anzo LED tail lights I had bought for my old Ram was only $180 for two.
the incandescents do not work on factory led trucks nor do the leds meant to replace the factory incandescant, actually dealer price for the factory led tails per set is almost 1400 with tax now. can find them online shipped duties etc for around 350 sometimes, but hard to find the exact match and pairs are still 700+

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the incandescents do not work on factory led trucks nor do the leds meant to replace the factory incandescant, actually dealer price for the factory led tails per set is almost 1400 with tax now. can find them online shipped duties etc for around 350 sometimes, but hard to find the exact match and pairs are still 700+
I see what you mean, I had no idea the aftermarket LED’s that are meant to replace the factory incandescents won’t work in the trucks that have the factory LED’s but Go Recon has some for $500 a pair that replace the factory LED tails.

Might be your only option but at least it’s cheaper than factory.

kingsteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have 1500 5.7 that I tow a 6000 pound trailer with. Got 3.21 gears in the rear, the option 3.95 seemed like a lot! Wish there was an option to split the difference like 3.55 or so

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have 1500 5.7 that I tow a 6000 pound trailer with. Got 3.21 gears in the rear, the option 3.95 seemed like a lot! Wish there was an option to split the difference like 3.55 or so
Re-gear it. Being a proud owner of a truck that has the 3.92’s, it’s really not that much. I may not ever see the mileage the 3.21 guys are but if I drive it conservatively, I can still muster 19 miles per gallon. I have no intention of lifting my truck and stuffing 35’s under there but still, I knew way ahead of time that a 3.21-geared truck had no business being parked in my driveway.

giganova

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
I went to three dealers and none of the ten 2021 RAM 1500 they had came with LED headlights. The only option would have been to order a RAM 1500, which with the chip crisis wasn't an option.

So what does that have to do with "whining?"

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went to three dealers and none of the ten 2021 RAM 1500 they had came with LED headlights. The only option would have been to order a RAM 1500, which with the chip crisis wasn't an option.
[/QUOTE]
Well, if none of them dealerships have any of the higher trimmed models that have LED headlights well then what more explanation do you want? Just because the dealerships you went to didn’t have any trucks with LED headlights doesn’t mean that the newer trucks don’t have the option to come with LED headlights.

So what does that have to do with "whining?"
Nothing really I suppose but I guess if it wasn’t for that chip crisis or whatever it is that’s leading the reason why a lot of dealerships don’t have that much of an inventory right now then you’re just gonna have to settle for what they got on the lot or postpone your buying a new truck until they get this fiasco sorted out.

giganova

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
I agree. My only complaint was that any truck/car that costs over $50k should have LED headlights these days.

Not so old grey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram ST
Engine
Only thing I can think of with mine is that when I bought it I got the quad cab.
Kids were in car seats then. Now both my daughters are dang near 6' tall. They complain about the lack of space.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
OKAY, had mine a month now and STILL dont like the look of the multifunction tailgate. Why they couldnt split it 50/50 with the badge opening on one door or other? I still lower it as normal and really dont think i will use the side opening much at all to be honest.................