What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ILLXJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The seats have bolsters made for wide people. I'm not.

I agree. I'm 180 and the seats are a little wide.

I have the SLT trim package & I think it has to much chrome.

No locks on the glove box or center console.

JIM.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nose dive meaning the front end sits low, that's why they make a leveling kit. Also to include one more dislike, the factory rear springs are soft.
That’s what I thought you meant. As I said before, the front of your truck; the front of any truck for that matter is supposed to do that. I’ve already explained why. Sure, you can put a leveling kit on the front of your truck to make it look how it supposed to look, and you can even go as far as to put either helper springs or helper airbags on to correct the much-increased rear-end sag when you throw something heavy in the back or when you hook onto a heavy trailer but, not everybody is interested in a leveled truck. And second, the manufacturer cares too much about fuel mileage ratings, so that front end dip also helps with aerodynamics, which leads to less drag, which leads to less fuel consumption and ultimately leads to better fuel economy.

But hey; they make leveling kits. Buy one and put it on if you don’t like that downward rake. Why openly complain about it in on a web forum just because someone made a thread discussion in the first place when you can just easily buy a couple of parts and make it look like you want it to?

I realize this discussion is very very cut and dry on asking what it is about your ram pick up that you don’t like but still, some of the things that I read in this thread just make me laugh. I can’t help it...lol. No offense to you or anybody else but some of the things that’s “talked” about just really makes me shake my head.

But yeah, I’ve read before that the coil springs on these 1500s are rather soft. But just a little bit of food for thought and something to think about, the coil springs are supposed to be soft probably because at least on the half tons; I’m not sure about the coils on the heavy duty‘s, but the coils on the halftons are probably more geared towards a comfortable ride rather than heavy payloads or heavy trailers. The majority of people who buy half tons don’t care about that downward rake. They don’t care about the coils being too soft.

My work’s parking garage was built in the 70’s when trucks were not common. Any additional height worries me since the clearance is tight. Toss on a lift or level and you run the risk of scraping the roof, beginning with the antennae.
Well yeah, if you toss in a lift or big tires, I could see how being too high would be of a concern but if you’re that close to where only a couple inches stands between you and the ceiling of the parking garage, I would think you’d be smacking the cab before you would have to worry about smacking that antenna.

But hey, that’s what they have the aftermarket for. Who knows, you might get lucky and be able to find a low profile intended to replace that one with.

You do realize that if they made that seat narrow for your scrawny behind that some other big person would complain that their fat ass can’t fit the seat, right?… LOL.

They make those seats as a one size fits all for a reason. Even though you may not fit exactly in the seat like you should, but at least you can fit the seat. Like I said, if they made the seats for small people, then a big person wouldn’t be able to sit in the seat. It’s easier to make the seat wider to accommodate everybody instead of making it to where it only fits certain people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry. Just as I told the last guy, if they made seats to fit your frame, then only people your size could sit in the seats.

If you don’t like chrome, maybe you shouldn’t of bought a truck with so much chrome on it. It’s not only the sport models that come with the painted bumpers, the painted handles or the painted runningboards- if yours has them, or the painted trim pieces on the side. You can special order that truck with the body color trim package or with the chrome accent package.

If special ordering was out of the question, and if the truck you like and bought was all you could find, then get to work removing the chrome.

JIM.

Typically, unless you can easily remove the doors from your pickup like you can on the jeep, you’re not gonna find an OEM locking glove box. Besides, the glove box and console is all plastic anyways so why would you want a locking latch on it anyways when a crowbar will defeat that in a matter of seconds. If you want a lockable option that’ll actually protect your valuables, get you a locker down safe or a console safe.

Last edited:

nwsewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi

JIM.

You can order a locking latch for the lower glovebox. That was the very first thing I did when i got my truck. I think it set me back $20-30 if i remember correctly. Super easy install too.

If center console safety is a concern, you might check out the Tuffy safes they make for our trucks. A little pricy, but very effective with no drilling required.
https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-527-security-console-insert-ram-trucks-4th-gen.aspx

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

mason mank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing i really hate lately is just how damn good the truck looks! As bad as i want to take it everywhere im afraid at the same time of something ignorant happening to it while its not in the driveway lol. A problem ive never had before with any other truck. And probably the reason why after almost a year of having it she only has 3400 miles so far. Fml

nwsewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can order a locking latch for the lower glovebox. That was the very first thing I did when i got my truck. I think it set me back $20-30 if i remember correctly. Super easy install too.

If center console safety is a concern, you might check out the Tuffy safes they make for our trucks. A little pricy, but very effective with no drilling required.
https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-527-security-console-insert-ram-trucks-4th-gen.aspx

If anyone needs the locking glovebox latch part number to order from the dealership, it is part# 82211490

When I originally went to my dealership to order one, they said there was no such thing for our trucks. After some independent research, i found it.
Dealership charged me $30.66. After tax came out to $33.19, which i happily paid.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also I don’t like the cabin lights being tied into the dash light dimmer. so irritating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I don’t follow. What exactly about that do you mean? You can turn the map lights and the rear cab light on individually from the rotary dimmer knob...

Last edited:

ILLXJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry. Just as I told the last guy, if they made seats to fit your frame, then only people your size could sit in the seats.
Not a deal breaker. They just seem wider than the other stuff I drove before buying.

If special ordering was out of the question, and if the truck you like and bought was all you could find, then get to work removing the chrome.
All ready started.

Besides, the glove box and console is all plastic anyways so why would you want a locking latch on it anyways when a crowbar will defeat that in a matter of seconds.
I agree if somebody wants in they will get in, but I don't think my grandkids will go that far.

JIM

ILLXJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If anyone needs the locking glovebox latch part number to order from the dealership, it is part# 82211490

When I originally went to my dealership to order one, they said there was no such thing for our trucks. After some independent research, i found it.
Dealership charged me $30.66. After tax came out to $33.19, which i happily paid.

Thanks for the link & part number.

JIM

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
Nose dive meaning the front end sits low, that's why they make a leveling kit. Also to include one more dislike, the factory rear springs are soft.

My work's parking garage was built in the 70's when trucks were not common. Any additional height worries me since the clearance is tight. Toss on a lift or level and you run the risk of scraping the roof, beginning with the antennae.

Mine sits near level after putting a cap on. The 200# is just right.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don’t like “free access” to the gas door. Anyone endorse a locking gas cap?

i have one of the Motorad locking gas caps (i believe) and it works great. there is an oem mopar one but of course it's like 30 bucks or something like that versus the 11 bucks canadian i paid for the motorad.

I seem to recall there are Stant ones as well you can get on amazon that work for the Ram.

i had a code pop up for mine one time. its been ok ever since. i keep the stock one in my truck just in case but hadn't had to put it back on.

here's the Stant with part number:

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/snn-10508/overview/make/dodge/model/ram-1500

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t like “free access” to the gas door. Anyone endorse a locking gas cap?

Now that’s a legitimate complaint in my book. But at least it looks like they may have changed that for the new 5th gen 2019’s. Parked next to a new one at the movie theater yesterday and the glass door looked as though you had to release it from the inside, or maybe it was like a push-in cabinet door... either way, it wasn’t like the rest with the finger indent.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have one of the Motorad locking gas caps (i believe) and it works great. there is an oem mopar one but of course it's like 30 bucks or something like that versus the 11 bucks canadian i paid for the motorad.

I seem to recall there are Stant ones as well you can get on amazon that work for the Ram.

i had a code pop up for mine one time. its been ok ever since. i keep the stock one in my truck just in case but hadn't had to put it back on.

here's the Stant with part number:

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/snn-10508/overview/make/dodge/model/ram-1500

I looked on Motorad’s website and couldn’t find any part numbers. Which one you got?

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
sorry thats why i suggested the Stant too. i got the Motorad at a local hardware store you don't have in the US (Canadian Tire). I bought it years ago for a 2004 Ram so no number for it. Dorman also makes them but I didn't suggest as they also make lugnuts for Rams (oem supplier) but they don't seem to be any cheaper than Mopar from what I've seen so I assumed same for gas cap. Could be wrong. I'll check them out online.

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Also to include one more dislike, the factory rear springs are soft.

My neighbor just bought a new King Ranch F-150, He took me to the airport the other day and I was shocked....It rides like **** compared to me RAM.
$70,000 for a truck that rides like a skateboard on a cobblestone road....No thanks!

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My neighbor just bought a new King Ranch F-150, He took me to the airport the other day and I was shocked....It rides like **** compared to me RAM.
$70,000 for a truck that rides like a skateboard on a cobblestone road....No thanks!
The last time I drove a Ford truck was back in 2014 and it drove way rougher than my 2005 Ram Daytona. I didn't like it at all.
I do love Mustangs though. I have a Roush Mustang that is the ****. lol