What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fraleywp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
My neighbor just bought a new King Ranch F-150, He took me to the airport the other day and I was shocked....It rides like **** compared to me RAM.
$70,000 for a truck that rides like a skateboard on a cobblestone road....No thanks!
I had a 2015 and a 2017 F150. You get nothing ride wise between an XLT to King Ranch. All the same crappy suspension. Especially the rear shocks. The rear shocks are so poorly designed they are dangerous. Just Google rear kick out on the new F150s. I have experienced it and immediately upgraded the shocks to Bilstein.

My 2018 RAM rides like a Cadillac in comparison.

Sent from my Z2_PRO using Tapatalk

Laramie 17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely the OEM projector headlights for me. They are just not bright enough. It’s no picnic to change them either, with taking off the front end or the truck and all.

I’m gong to upgrade them, but I’m just saying...

Otherwise I love this truck!

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1500 starts out sitting too low for a 4x4 and the .7 higher the TRX is don't do diddly . Then their is the 20" wheels with no sidewall tires that do nothing for off-road . Taller sidewalls help off-road , at the mall it don't matter.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Witg almost 30,000 on the clock some weird stuff is happening.
Lately it will start, then the whole dash goes dark and the truck shuts down. Then it takes about 5-8 turns of the key before anything happens , then it fires up. Thought it was the gear selector, but it was actually in park. Been having issues with that as well. The tranny has been having some really hard shifts at low rpm. Also the driver's seat is wearing out super fast!!! Still hate the u connect, what a horrible design.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely the OEM projector headlights for me. They are just not bright enough. It’s no picnic to change them either, with taking off the front end or the truck and all.

I’m gong to upgrade them, but I’m just saying...

Otherwise I love this truck!

It’s not the fault of the headlights as to why they’re not bright enough, bud. Slap some good quality HID’s in the lows and some good quality LED’s in the highs and you’ll be amazed. Even some Silverstar Ultras or Silverstar ZxE’s are a major improvement to those ****** bulbs they come with.

Oh, and you don’t have to tear the front of the truck off to change the lights. You don’t even have to remove the grille if you got a magnet retrieval tool and a long extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Witg almost 30,000 on the clock some weird stuff is happening.
Lately it will start, then the whole dash goes dark and the truck shuts down. Then it takes about 5-8 turns of the key before anything happens , then it fires up. Thought it was the gear selector, but it was actually in park. Been having issues with that as well. The tranny has been having some really hard shifts at low rpm. Also the driver's seat is wearing out super fast!!! Still hate the u connect, what a horrible design.
Sounds like a warranty complaint....possibly the TIPM (or whatever it is called on Rams)...my WK2 Grand Cherokee had similar issues.

Bad battery and TIPM failure happened nearly simultaneously.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1500 starts out sitting too low for a 4x4 and the .7 higher the TRX is don't do diddly . Then their is the 20" wheels with no sidewall tires that do nothing for off-road . Taller sidewalls help off-road , at the mall it don't matter.

Depends on how major of off-roading you intend to do. Some good all-terrains and those 20’s will go anywhere that 18’s will.

But you do know they make leveling/lift kits of your truck’s too low.

Txkenpo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 TD
Only thing I don’t like, the stereo. I got spoiled with my previous truck it had the U connect 8.4. This truck has the 3.0 it’s killing me lol no HD radio so on the way home I have to listen to 570 on AM... ( yeah I know first world problem). But seriously I so far love everything about my new truck. It will take a min to quit reaching for the dial shifter

Mike Murphy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Deleted
Engine
Deleted
3rd gen, the peeling paint and clear coat that most trucks have. I wonder if the paint and clear coat would still be there had the previous owner waxed the truck every week.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends on how major of off-roading you intend to do. Some good all-terrains and those 20’s will go anywhere that 18’s will.

But you do know they make leveling/lift kits of your truck’s too low.

apparently you dont remember me I do know a little something about leveling and what 17" wheels will do for a Ram as I have had 6, 1500s since 2000, all leveled or lifted . My point is I prefer a 4x4 to at least look like one to begin with

View attachment 176978

fullsizeoutput_336.jpeg

rLWlLEKVQ06sb8gzQf%aRA.jpg

Last edited:

desync0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The non adjustable seats in the express.

I'm 5'7" with shoes on, I hate having to choose between reaching the pedals and not eating the steering wheel lol

Powered seat swap is high on the priority list.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The non adjustable seats in the express.

I'm 5'7" with shoes on, I hate having to choose between reaching the pedals and not eating the steering wheel lol

Powered seat swap is high on the priority list.

Why complain about something you intend to change?? That’s what I don’t get about this thread is some of the things people complain about that can so easily be changed.

desync0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why complain about something you intend to change?? That’s what I don’t get about this thread is some of the things people complain about that can so easily be changed.

Easy yes, affordably no lol

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Well the title of the thread is "what don't you like about your ram", which could be things easily fixable that you intend to fix or things that aren't so easy to fix. If it were titled "what don't you like about your ram that you can't or won't fix" then I would see where you're coming from. However, the title is literally asking people to come in and say what they don't like, that's what these people are doing.

I'll even join in, I absolutely hate that they put halogens in the projectors. Do I fix that each ram I get? Yep, but it's still a worthwhile complaint because it's so dumb to cheap out on that when you have an otherwise nice light setup. I really don't like that they do that.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the title of the thread is "what don't you like about your ram", which could be things easily fixable that you intend to fix or things that aren't so easy to fix. If it were titled "what don't you like about your ram that you can't or won't fix" then I would see where you're coming from. However, the title is literally asking people to come in and say what they don't like, that's what these people are doing.

I'll even join in, I absolutely hate that they put halogens in the projectors. Do I fix that each ram I get? Yep, but it's still a worthwhile complaint because it's so dumb to cheap out on that when you have an otherwise nice light setup. I really don't like that they do that.

You’re 100% right, people are obviously taking the pettiness of this subject in this thread way to damn far and it’s pathetic.

But why is something that’s so easily changed, a worthwhile complaint?? I don’t get it. Especially when there are worthwhile things TO complain about, like why the power-fold tow mirrors aren’t available on the 1/2-tons but they are on the HD’s..... and yeah, I know, you can buy the mirrors, get the little programmer-doohickey and add them but still, what’s the purpose of that?

I’ve already stated long time ago that as expensive as these trucks are these days and how so many people complain about their cost that goes up and up that by adding more and more fancy stuff to the lower trim models, better tires, better headlight bulbs, is just gonna make them even more expensive. Then people’ll ***** about that...lol.

I know this is the name of the thread, and I know there was no disclaimer attached to it explaining what exactly you can and can’t ***** about but it still cracks me up whether you like it or not the things ******* about. That’s why I haven’t unsubscribed from it yet...lol.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You’re 100% right, people are obviously taking the pettiness of this subject in this thread way to damn far and it’s pathetic.

But why is something that’s so easily changed, a worthwhile complaint?? I don’t get it. Especially when there are worthwhile things TO complain about, like why the power-fold tow mirrors aren’t available on the 1/2-tons but they are on the HD’s..... and yeah, I know, you can buy the mirrors, get the little programmer-doohickey and add them but still, what’s the purpose of that?

I’ve already stated long time ago that as expensive as these trucks are these days and how so many people complain about their cost that goes up and up that by adding more and more fancy stuff to the lower trim models, better tires, better headlight bulbs, is just gonna make them even more expensive. Then people’ll ***** about that...lol.

I know this is the name of the thread, and I know there was no disclaimer attached to it explaining what exactly you can and can’t ***** about but it still cracks me up whether you like it or not the things ******* about. That’s why I haven’t unsubscribed from it yet...lol.

Well because again, the title isn't "what don't you like about your ram that's a worthwhile complaint", it's simply "what don't you like about your ram." Also, what worthwhile is completely subjective, so one person can't tell another person what's worthwhile or not, that's a matter or opinion, in which this thread is asking people to input their opinion.

I'm not one of the people complaining about prices, I've done rather well on my rams over the years. However, I find it ridiculous that I buy a sport or longhorn trim level, which is nice enough to get nice projector headlights but then they cheap out and put the ********* bulbs in there possible. I see they've fixed that with the 5th gens so maybe I won't have anything to complain about in that regard when I upgrade next.

You find it odd people complain in a thread made for it, I find it odd that you don't like it and continue to post in it rather than just move on and let people come in and give their input. Easy, hard, cheap or expensive, should have been done at the factory or not, this thread is about it all!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well because again, the title isn't "what don't you like about your ram that's a worthwhile complaint", it's simply "what don't you like about your ram."
Again, I get it. No need for future clarification, thank you.

Also, what worthwhile is completely subjective, so one person can't tell another person what's worthwhile or not, that's a matter or opinion, in which this thread is asking people to input their opinion.
I’m not telling, or requesting anybody to do anything; I’m just simply questioning and pointing out the sheer ignorance and silliness to take a thread like this that far out of context. It’s amusing. Lol. I’m not gonna lie to ya.

I'm not one of the people complaining about prices, I've done rather well on my rams over the years. However, I find it ridiculous that I buy a sport or longhorn trim level, which is nice enough to get nice projector headlights but then they cheap out and put the ********* bulbs in there possible.
Didn’t say you were, it really anybody in particular was, I was just pointing out that too many people in general complain about costs so that’s probably why... they didn’t use better options was to keep costs down.

I see they've fixed that with the 5th gens so maybe I won't have anything to complain about in that regard when I upgrade next.
And prices went up too, just sayin.

You find it odd people complain in a thread made for it, I find it odd that you don't like it and continue to post in it rather than just move on and let people come in and give their input.
I find it odd the minuscule things that are chosen to complain about... there’s a difference.

But I’m not stopping or standing in the way of people complaining about whatever the wish.

Easy, hard, cheap or expensive, should have been done at the factory or not, this thread is about it all!

If you say so. Lol. Let the entertainment continue...[emoji106]

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Again, I get it. No need for future clarification, thank you.

I’m not telling, or requesting anybody to do anything; I’m just simply questioning and pointing out the sheer ignorance and silliness to take a thread like this that far out of context. It’s amusing. Lol. I’m not gonna lie to ya.

Didn’t say you were, it really anybody in particular was, I was just pointing out that too many people in general complain about costs so that’s probably why... they didn’t use better options was to keep costs down.

And prices went up too, just sayin.

I find it odd the minuscule things that are chosen to complain about... there’s a difference.

But I’m not stopping or standing in the way of people complaining about whatever the wish.

If you say so. Lol. Let the entertainment continue...[emoji106]

Lol yeah alright do whatever ya want, but I'll continue to respond in kind the same way each time you do...then this thread can become worthless for a while. Or you can just let people come in here and do exactly what the thread is asking.

You find it odd people complain about things that you view as minuscule, when they are asked to do so. In reality it's rather odd that you find it necessary and worthy of your time to repeatedly tell members in this thread that their complains are invalid, or miniscule. That's really weird, but if it makes you happy, go right on ahead. It makes me happy to counter that, so I'll continue in doing so.

On that note, I really dislike the quality or longevity of the 8.4" screen. On my 13 I had to have one replaced under warranty at 27k miles, and then it was already ******** the bed at 50k miles again! Come on Ram!