What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Clean ‘em, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was thinking more along the lines of using a self tap screw for each one .

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

They changed those at some point, my 13 used to do that too me a lot but my 17's are different and don't have that issue. More than a few times I would get inside the house before I noticed the bottom of the cup holder clinging onto my water bottle. Glad they changed that eventually.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They changed those at some point, my 13 used to do that too me a lot but my 17's are different and don't have that issue. More than a few times I would get inside the house before I noticed the bottom of the cup holder clinging onto my water bottle. Glad they changed that eventually.
Yep, especially the 24 Oz beer bottles. ( Joking ) [emoji1787]

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, especially the 24 Oz beer bottles. ( Joking ) [emoji1787]

Haha I'm sure those would do that! My water containers were usually between 20-30oz that would give me problems.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whipple. Yup stock engine. I'm pushing the limits of safety even with the cooling property's of e85 but it's a daily driver so it rarely sees WOT. So...
Although it just did ten WOT pulls in less than an hour on the dyno and everything looked good to the tuner so I'm not worried.
AWESOME MAN!!! That must be fun to drive.
Have a dyno sheet? I'd love to see the power curve.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was thinking more along the lines of using a self tap screw for each one .

Why not just Velcro so you can easily remove them for cleaning?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
3.5 eats hemis for breakfast.

That's when the doors aren't frozen shut. Those 3.5 are fast but do you drag them using bungees to hold the doors closed or are you the tie doors closed type?

fraleywp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
That's when the doors aren't frozen shut. Those 3.5 are fast but do you drag them using bungees to hold the doors closed or are you the tie doors closed type?
This is no joke, happened to me on my 2017 F150 and I live in GA.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
One other thing. Cupholders, when removing cup the inside holder gets stuck to the bottom of the cup.

You DO realize (I hope!!) that, while unwritten, RAM suggests NOT coating the exterior of your cup with SuperGlue before inserting it in your cupholder IF you want the insert to stay in the vehicle.

On a more serious note, I have never once had this problem. Maybe the cup you generally use has a size/shape not compatible? Buy the $200 RAM Insulated Travel Mug and be assured such will never happen to you. Well, it if does, you at least have your warranty to fall back on.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

I may have missed the memo. Or, maybe that APPEARS to be English but is in fact, something else?

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
This is no joke, happened to me on my 2017 F150 and I live in GA.

I know it's no joke. Simply pointing out facts Fords have issues. I had to use bungees and was locked out on multiple occasions. Would not let loved ones ride in the truck when issues were happening. 3 years and no fix from Ford and other issues finally got rid of it and back to Ram.

fraleywp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I know it's no joke. Simply pointing out facts Fords have issues. I had to use bungees and was locked out on multiple occasions. Would not let loved ones ride in the truck when issues were happening. 3 years and no fix from Ford and other issues finally got rid of it and back to Ram.
I didn't mean it like that, just saying what you are saying. It is one of the reasons I no longer drive a Ford. It is a big deal and took Ford way too long to solve it.

thebanjoman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can I add.. HATE OIL CHANGES???

I just completed my first oil change at 30K on my 2016 Ram I bought in September. I have been changing oil since I was about 9 years old helping Dad back in the early 70s and have NEVER taken a vehicle in to have somebody else do it. I've even changed it in the dark with a flashlight because I wasn't allowed to do work in an apartment complex where I lived back in the 80s and in the parking lot at work sometimes. I had looked at YouTube Videos and saw the 'mess' of a Hemi oil change but until I did it firsthand I had no idea just how messy it was. I'll have to figure out a way to make it 'less messy' next time.

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
There is a thread on an oil filter relocation kit. That along with a fumoto drain plug and oil changes are a breeze.

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya. But the road I live on is 40 mph. I have made it to my post office 3 miles away without them locking, then I have had them lock in my driveway which I can't go more than 5 mph.
Mine does the same. Some mornings they don’t lock until the 2nd or 3rd time I get above 20mph in my neighborhood. Other times they lock the first time I get up to 10mph. It was the first wonky thing I noticed about my truck. First world problems, though, huh? Lol

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mine does the same. Some mornings they don’t lock until the 2nd or 3rd time I get above 20mph in my neighborhood. Other times they lock the first time I get up to 10mph. It was the first wonky thing I noticed about my truck. First world problems, though, huh? Lol

I hate auto-locking doors. One of the first things I turned off, so I have no idea how consistent it is or isn't.