What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrfix1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
lol i know its nuts

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Octane

Reaction score
I bought a couple of little lights off amazon.Installed them in lower dash.I've never wired them to the factory harness because I decided I didnt want to cut into it.

Octane

Reaction score
Maybe they are cheap but why whine about it? Put them in yourself.

I guess I coulda whined that they put a blank plug into my firewall harness under the hood for an under-hood light to plug into but did I whine cuz my truck didn’t have one? No, I went on Amazon and bought all the **** for it I needed and put it on, and I paid short of $60 grand for mine. And I got an antenna. Took it off, tho. The 50 caliber bullet looks much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I woulda really whined if I spent 53 grand for a truck.That thing better have an in bed sauna. Lol

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to Ram's as of almost 2 weeks now so these would be a few things that have stood out to me with my (new to me) 2016 Limited Longhorn.

Keyfob range - seriously, I'm close enough that I can throw my keys at the truck, but the fob won't start it (even with a new battery in the fob)
That’s a five year old truck, could be a problem somewhere as I doubt it’s supposed to do that. Might wanna get it looked at.

MDS sensitivity - will struggle in 4 cylinder mode and shake the truck for a few seconds after an additional load has been applied (either throttle input or an incline)
Again, somethin’ don’t sound right.

Lack of mud flaps - on a top tier truck, especially on black. I've got a 100 feet of gravel alley leading to my garage, the truck is never clean. I know there's aftermarket available and I'll likely order some but still annoying it didn't come factory with them.
Not everybody wants mudflaps, man. Sorry that annoys you but unfortunately, that’s one of those things that if you want them, you put em on.

Open differential - My build sheet shows (from what I can tell) every option except a LSD rear end.

Not all trucks come with LSD’s.

Lack of front tow hooks - I get that they were trying to style up the truck with the sport bumper, but you couldn't blend some tow hooks into the design?
Apparently not. I don’t think there is a way to have a styled, sleeked out look with tow hooks- maybe that’s why some trucks come with and some don’t but don’t feel bad, my 2018 Limited didn’t come with them.

Mirrors don’t adjust out far enough. I'm 6' and can't take my non tow mirrors out enough to my liking for minimal blind spots. I plan to order the correctly optioned tow mirrors to hopefully mitigate this.
Are you looking out in the pasture, or what? I’m 6 foot and my mirrors work just fine and they’re not even the tow mirrors.

All in all I’ve got zero buyers remorse. I love my truck and in the end every manufacturer has it's quirks and flaws.
They’re not quirks and flaws just because the truck you bought don’t come configured to your exact liking.

mrfix1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
lol i know but the used with 90000 miles were only 10000 less made no sens

Octane

Reaction score
That’s a five year old truck, could be a problem somewhere as I doubt it’s supposed to do that. Might wanna get it looked at.

Again, somethin’ don’t sound right.

Not everybody wants mudflaps, man. Sorry that annoys you but unfortunately, that’s one of those things that if you want them, you put em on.

Not all trucks come with LSD’s.

Apparently not. I don’t think there is a way to have a styled, sleeked out look with tow hooks- maybe that’s why some trucks come with and some don’t but don’t feel bad, my 2018 Limited didn’t come with them.

Are you looking out in the pasture, or what? I’m 6 foot and my mirrors work just fine and they’re not even the tow mirrors.

They’re not quirks and flaws just because the truck you bought don’t come configured to your exact liking.

Sounds like you're playing devils advocate for Chrysler corp. My brother was a car salesman.I'm sure he could sell you a very expensive truck and leave off everything he could to make you happy.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Mirrors don't adjust out far enough. I'm 6' and can't take my non tow mirrors out enough to my liking for minimal blind spots. I plan to order the correctly optioned tow mirrors to hopefully mitigate this.
You must be trying to aim your mirror too far out, I'm the same height and have no issues with seeing the blind spots and I don't use the rearview mirror.
I see hundreds of people that have no clue on how to adjust their sideview mirrors. If your wondering how I know, if I can't see you you can't see me.

Buy yourself a set of blindspot mirrors made specifically for these mirrors: https://www.wadestarproducts.com/st...2018_Ram_Trucks_with_Non-Towing_Mirrors..html

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like you're playing devils advocate for Chrysler corp. My brother was a car salesman.I'm sure he could sell you a very expensive truck and leave off everything he could to make you happy.

Nope, no sir. Just pointing out the obvious when I see people who I don’t think seem to fully and entirely think things through.

And what do you mean by that last part?? Are you saying ****’s left off on purpose?

You do realize dealers order trucks according to what they think most customers want for a low price, right? They’re not gonna have a lot full of the most expensive-optioned trucks and still expect to make money but don’t whine that your truck didn’t come with what you think it should’ve come with for the lesser price you paid. It’s just common sense that’s pretty much a flower that doesn’t seem to grow in a lot of people’s gardens anymore.

You want all those options? Pay for ‘em....lol. If you don’t wanna pay, then don’t ***** later on because your truck ain’t optioned out how you want it. Do what most people do who do that and add it yourself.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I woulda really whined if I spent 53 grand for a truck.That thing better have an in bed sauna. Lol

[emoji2369]
With the lifetime warranty, I spent just under $60k. Guess my expectations are far less than yours.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You must be trying to aim your mirror too far out, I'm the same height and have no issues with seeing the blind spots and I don't use the rearview mirror.
I see hundreds of people that have no clue on how to adjust their sideview mirrors. If your wondering how I know, if I can't see you you can't see me.

Buy yourself a set of blindspot mirrors made specifically for these mirrors: https://www.wadestarproducts.com/st...2018_Ram_Trucks_with_Non-Towing_Mirrors..html

Those are damn good mirrors. I bought some new double sided tape so that I can take mine off and reapply them the correct way where they are like the ones in the picture.

In some ways they work better down in the lower outside corners but they also impede vision on that area too so I’m gonna try them in a different spot.

Octane

Reaction score
Nope, no sir. Just pointing out the obvious when I see people who I don’t think seem to fully and entirely think things through.

And what do you mean by that last part?? Are you saying ****’s left off on purpose?

You do realize dealers order trucks according to what they think most customers want for a low price, right? They’re not gonna have a lot full of the most expensive-optioned trucks and still expect to make money but don’t whine that your truck didn’t come with what you think it should’ve come with for the lesser price you paid. It’s just common sense that’s pretty much a flower that doesn’t seem to grow in a lot of people’s gardens anymore.

You want all those options? Pay for ‘em....lol. If you don’t wanna pay, then don’t ***** later on because your truck ain’t optioned out how you want it. Do what most people do who do that and add it yourself.

The thread is titled appropriately.People are simply responding accordingly.You are the one that is whining about everyones comments.If you are too sensitive to hear it then man up.Or woman up

mrfix1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
i was mad as hell i made them put the skid plat in the cd player and program the bed lights for free i had Chrysler Corp get involved.
All in all I love the truck Pull a trailer weighing in at 16,500 loaded with the 6.4 hemi cant ask for better out of it

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The thread is titled appropriately.People are simply responding accordingly.You are the one that is whining about everyones comments.If you are too sensitive to hear it then man up.Or woman up

Man, I know what the thread is titled.... and I know people are just simply responding accordingly but at the same time, some people do get carried a way a little with their gripes, whines and *****’s. And no, I am not whining about anything. I’m not a whiner. If there’s something I dont like about my truck, I either modify it and make it better, or I fix it or I take it to the dealer and let that warranty fix it but I certainly don’t ***** even if there is a whining thread created just so I can whine.

And how exactly do I “man up” if sensitivity was a concern??....LOL. No sensitivity here but no need to start with insults.

But how ‘bout this.... if you cant handle rebuttal then how ‘bout refraining from posting? It’s that simple. I know the liberals are trying to turn this world into a snowflake, politically correct place where no one is allowed to offend but that just ain’t how it is just despite that. The thread or the forum doesn’t and isn’t going to protect you from rebuttal but hey, why be upset about it in the first place? It’s like you and all the other people before you who’ve had a problem with my comments before... why get mad? I know it may seem like I’m picking on you but I’m not. As a matter of fact, I’ve even helped people but calm down, man. If you cant figure it out that your openly posted comment isn’t going to get the praise and love you expect it to get then I don’t know what to tell you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i was mad as hell i made them put the skid plat in the cd player and program the bed lights for free i had Chrysler Corp get involved.
All in all I love the truck Pull a trailer weighing in at 16,500 loaded with the 6.4 hemi cant ask for better out of it

Great. Sometimes dealers will do that just to get that sale.

mrfix1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Shows your arrogance and knowledge and jump to conclusions you think nobody knows what there talking about. I traded one truck in that had all that stuff in it, the new one they order was supposed to be exact same thing With 2 additional upgrades the color being different and fog lights.

mrfix1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Cornelius seems to be a know-it-all. I agree with octanes.

mrfix1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Cornelius your the one criticising everyone else you must be the snowflake trying to caused problems Clearly you don't understand the point of my comments your the one basically calling me a cheapskate Some of us know what were buying for the money in my case I know what I paid for were not all stupid my truck was a Build order should have bin right the 1st time but the dealership thought I wouldn't catch on the final answer dealerships are shady.

Octane

Reaction score
Man, I know what the thread is titled.... and I know people are just simply responding accordingly but at the same time, some people do get carried a way a little with their gripes, whines and *****’s. And no, I am not whining about anything. I’m not a whiner. If there’s something I dont like about my truck, I either modify it and make it better, or I fix it or I take it to the dealer and let that warranty fix it but I certainly don’t ***** even if there is a whining thread created just so I can whine.

And how exactly do I “man up” if sensitivity was a concern??....LOL. No sensitivity here but no need to start with insults.

But how ‘bout this.... if you cant handle rebuttal then how ‘bout refraining from posting? It’s that simple. I know the liberals are trying to turn this world into a snowflake, politically correct place where no one is allowed to offend but that just ain’t how it is just despite that. The thread or the forum doesn’t and isn’t going to protect you from rebuttal but hey, why be upset about it in the first place? It’s like you and all the other people before you who’ve had a problem with my comments before... why get mad? I know it may seem like I’m picking on you but I’m not. As a matter of fact, I’ve even helped people but calm down, man. If you cant figure it out that your openly posted comment isn’t going to get the praise and love you expect it to get then I don’t know what to tell you.

Nice deflection but peace bro,it just appeared after posts from you about "whining" that you had a problem with everyones posts.I thought folks were posting the thread as titled.It is someone else that has a problem with that based on what is being posted

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shows your arrogance and knowledge and jump to conclusions you think nobody knows what there talking about. I traded one truck in that had all that stuff in it, the new one they order was supposed to be exact same thing With 2 additional upgrades the color being different and fog lights.

I never said any of that.

Cornelius seems to be a know-it-all. I agree with octanes.

Agree with him, I don’t care. And I’m hardly a know it all, I just call it like I see it but if what I say points out whining that your truck you spent your hard earned money on doesn’t come equipped how you would prefer it makes me a know it all then I guess so be it because apparently what I say gets me called something I’m not.

Cornelius your the one criticising everyone else you must be the snowflake trying to caused problems Clearly you don't understand the point of my comments your the one basically calling me a cheapskate Some of us know what were buying for the money in my case I know what I paid for were not all stupid my truck was a Build order should have bin right the 1st time but the dealership thought I wouldn't catch on the final answer dealerships are shady.

I’m not criticizing no one but if what I say bothers you that much then who exactly is the snowflake??....lol.

And I’m not calling you a cheapskate, I’m just calling you out on whining about what you don’t have that you didn’t wanna pay for. Lol.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice deflection but peace bro,it just appeared after posts from you about "whining" that you had a problem with everyones posts.I thought folks were posting the thread as titled.It is someone else that has a problem with that based on what is being posted

It’s not a deflection.... dang, you guys are full of assumptions today. Lol.

But why would I care to whine about you guys who come off sounding like you’re whining about your trucks? It doesn’t bother me at all if you guys sound like you’re using this thread as an excuse to whine.

But anyways, carry on with your assumptions.