What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Reaction score
It’s not a deflection.... dang, you guys are full of assumptions today. Lol.

But why would I care to whine about you guys who come off sounding like you’re whining about your trucks? It doesn’t bother me at all if you guys sound like you’re using this thread as an excuse to whine.

But anyways, carry on with your assumptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wahhhhwahhh! Lol.

ryan hart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can we close this thread and give it the kiss of death, ladies?

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can we close this thread and give it the kiss of death, ladies?

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

But why? Just despite all the silliness, people apparently need a place to vent. Lol.

And not only that, there’s still room for actual complaints that are a lot more worthy of ******** about rather than whining about it not coming with a CD player when maybe you shoulda opted for one that came with one- like how come the 1500’s aren’t available with the power-folding tow mirrors like the 2500’s and up are?

How come the Rebel isn’t available with the air-conditioned seats?

How come you have to opt for the front buckets in order to get the rear heated seats?

Just thought of this one- how come in order to get the fancy hood with the faux air scoops where one of them is removable if you have the Mopar CAI that accepts the cold air kit with all the duct work that puts cold air right into that filter box when you remove the metal cover on the filter box, only comes on the sport models? Unless you get a truck with the pained bumpers and grille, you can’t get that hood if your truck has the chrome grille and chrome bumpers.

Last edited:

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s a five year old truck, could be a problem somewhere as I doubt it’s supposed to do that. Might wanna get it looked at.

Again, somethin’ don’t sound right.

Not everybody wants mudflaps, man. Sorry that annoys you but unfortunately, that’s one of those things that if you want them, you put em on.

Not all trucks come with LSD’s.

Apparently not. I don’t think there is a way to have a styled, sleeked out look with tow hooks- maybe that’s why some trucks come with and some don’t but don’t feel bad, my 2018 Limited didn’t come with them.

Are you looking out in the pasture, or what? I’m 6 foot and my mirrors work just fine and they’re not even the tow mirrors.

They’re not quirks and flaws just because the truck you bought don’t come configured to your exact liking.

I'm well aware of all the points you made. Like I said, I love my truck. I get that some things are easily fixed. But going with the subject of the thread. It's the things I don't like about my truck. I've considered going to the local Ram dealer to see about the key fob but from what I've read the electronics are different in mine because it was a Canadian truck that got imported to the US. The key fob is annoying, but I can live with it.

The MDS is annoying (especially after putting a Carven muffler on the truck) but I plan on tuning the truck and turning off MDS in the tune.

Mudflaps I plan on ordering once I decide if I wanted to put flares on because it appears the mudflaps are different.

Again, I didn't buy it new, I understand it's an option, not standard equipment. Just wish mine had it.

Tow hooks in my opinion shouldn't be that hard to fit even to have them just behind the bumper and cover it with a "pretty" plastic plug.

In my truck with the seat in a "normal" position I can't take my side mirrors out to were I'm not still looking at most of the bedside and door handles. Most people require their mirrors that way anyways. But for my liking I'd rather the side mirrors be farther out.

It's my opinion of my truck. You may not share the same opinion and that's fine.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm well aware of all the points you made. Like I said, I love my truck. I get that some things are easily fixed. But going with the subject of the thread. It's the things I don't like about my truck. I've considered going to the local Ram dealer to see about the key fob but from what I've read the electronics are different in mine because it was a Canadian truck that got imported to the US. The key fob is annoying, but I can live with it.
Hmm, I wouldn’t thought they would except for the DRL’s and the kpm speedo.

The MDS is annoying (especially after putting a Carven muffler on the truck) but I plan on tuning the truck and turning off MDS in the tune.
On the older ones, it is annoying when you louden up the exhaust but at least since it is older, you can very easily and cheaply use a tuner to turn it off. That’s what I did on my 08 because on it, the MDS was very annoying but on my 18, they musta done something different with the MDS because even with my Carven Progressive and new 5 inch tips, my MDS is still hardly noticeable which is a good thing because even though I can turn it off with just using the +/- buttons on the steering wheel but to turn mine off permanently, not only would I need a tuner, I’d also need a very expensive unlocked PCM and a security bypass cable to do it.

Mudflaps I plan on ordering once I decide if I wanted to put flares on because it appears the mudflaps are different.
There are mudflaps that are for trucks with factory flares and there are some for trucks without. I don’t know about the Mopar ones but both Weathertech and Huskyliner make flaps for both.

Again, I didn't buy it new, I understand it's an option, not standard equipment. Just wish mine had it.
And again, you have that option to add
almost whatever. You don’t have to suffer and settle with what was ordered. My truck didn’t come with slot of stuff but I was able to add it.

Tow hooks in my opinion shouldn't be that hard to fit even to have them just behind the bumper and cover it with a "pretty" plastic plug.
They can easily be added. Even the guys with the Sport bumpers- takes a little bit more work to do but it is possible.

In my truck with the seat in a "normal" position I can't take my side mirrors out to were I'm not still looking at most of the bedside and door handles. Most people require their mirrors that way anyways. But for my liking I'd rather the side mirrors be farther out.
Then invest in those blindspot mirrors that was recommended to you. They work great.
It's my opinion of my truck. You may not share the same opinion and that's fine.

I know it’s your opinion and I’m not saying anything about that, I’m just trying to help you.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah,.......I have the Flowmaster Outlaw direct replacement muffler, so I know your pain. lol
I think your truck is a 2016, correct? If so, you're gonna have to buy a pcm as well as the tune for the stupid MDS. (Not positive about this, but I think so.)

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah,.......I have the Flowmaster Outlaw direct replacement muffler, so I know your pain. lol
I think your truck is a 2016, correct? If so, you're gonna have to buy a pcm as well as the tune for the stupid MDS. (Not positive about this, but I think so.)

I thought that was only for the 17 and up? Or maybe it was 2016 when they started that.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
According to Moe's website my 2016 would need an unlocked PCM. I've been digging into it. I just want to make sure what mods I am going to do in the near future so the tune is correct for it instead of having the tune adjusted multiple times for various mods. It's not hard to do, just don't feel like tuning it, then changing to headers, tuning it, then change the cam, tuning it again. I'd rather do all the mods I plan on doing at once, and get it tuned for them.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
According to Moe's website my 2016 would need an unlocked PCM. I've been digging into it. I just want to make sure what mods I am going to do in the near future so the tune is correct for it instead of having the tune adjusted multiple times for various mods. It's not hard to do, just don't feel like tuning it, then changing to headers, tuning it, then change the cam, tuning it again. I'd rather do all the mods I plan on doing at once, and get it tuned for them.

Well at least for now, just do like all the others do to keep their MDS off. I know it’s a pain in the ass but for some people, using their shifter buttons on the wheel to make the cluster show what gear you’re in all the time comes like second nature to them. They don’t even have to think about it. Your trans will still shift just the same, but no MDS. Plus, you get to see what gear you’re actually in when you did that too, if that’s something you wanna know.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BINGO MY BROTHER!
That's how it really should be done. In my opinion anyways. That's how I would do it.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lately the transmission is acting kind of weird. Doesn't know what what gear it wants to be in. Weird with only 24,500 miles on the clock. Too early to be doing that in my opinion.
So,............LOL
Maybe the transmission is still learning or something?? I'm at almost 24,600 miles though. This past week it's been on point and I took her out this morning to get all gassed up and 4lbs. of Dunkin' Donuts ground coffee. Truck ran like a beast. 27 degrees out and nice and cool for the engine to breathe. :drink_nl:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So,............LOL
Maybe the transmission is still learning or something?? I'm at almost 24,600 miles though. This past week it's been on point and I took her out this morning to get all gassed up and 4lbs. of Dunkin' Donuts ground coffee. Truck ran like a beast. 27 degrees out and nice and cool for the engine to breathe. :drink_nl:
Sometimes if its taken to the dealer they initiate the quick transmission relearn as part of the service.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sometimes if its taken to the dealer they initiate the quick transmission relearn as part of the service.
Thanks.
Hasn't been to the dealership since new. lol I bring it to my friend's shop, they do all the work for me. No warranty work on the truck since I had it in December of 2015.

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The thread is titled appropriately.People are simply responding accordingly.You are the one that is whining about everyones comments.If you are too sensitive to hear it then man up.Or woman up
Don’t waste your breath man.... This guys rebuts everyone’s post about anything they don’t like cuz he’s just a troll. He just the male version of a Karen thinking he knows what’s right for everyone. Don’t let what he posts bug you because it’ll get you nowhere...

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nope, no sir. Just pointing out the obvious when I see people who I don’t think seem to fully and entirely think things through.

And what do you mean by that last part?? Are you saying ****’s left off on purpose?

You do realize dealers order trucks according to what they think most customers want for a low price, right? They’re not gonna have a lot full of the most expensive-optioned trucks and still expect to make money but don’t whine that your truck didn’t come with what you think it should’ve come with for the lesser price you paid. It’s just common sense that’s pretty much a flower that doesn’t seem to grow in a lot of people’s gardens anymore.

You want all those options? Pay for ‘em....lol. If you don’t wanna pay, then don’t ***** later on because your truck ain’t optioned out how you want it. Do what most people do who do that and add it yourself.

Actually Cornelleous, I just buy off the lot and always end up with more options than I wanted. I'm an old guy and remember picking the options I wanted and didn't get what I didn't want. Now a days , if you want option X you have to take options a and y with it. Just another way to increase profits. Always bothers me, but it is what it is.

mrfix1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Actually Cornelleous, I just buy off the lot and always end up with more options than I wanted. I'm an old guy and remember picking the options I wanted and didn't get what I didn't want. Now a days , if you want option X you have to take options a and y with it. Just another way to increase profits. Always bothers me, but it is what it is.
dont I gone with that moron Cornelius does this to everybody is a piece of work just ignore all his posts.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Rickcumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a fifth gen and I hate the fact that he key is a push button ..
I’m always looking for the key fab smdh , it was nice and secure in the ignition switch of my 3 rd gen lol