What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cheap brakes? Other than a little bit of a noisy vibration when I’m stopped and the wheels move a quarter of an inch, my brakes are still great after 3 years and. 31,000 miles.

The tires- c’mon man, cut’em a little bit of slack....lol. In my book, they’re not bad new, and even when they’re barely past half worn, their only downfall is ****** traction on downpour-covered roads and even in the slightest bit of ice but they do ride good. At least I think they did.

Yeah,....the brakes on my truck sucked anyways. I had to have the pads/rotors replaced after 15k on the truck. I noticed the squeaking at 13k. That's absolutely terrible.
And the Goodyucks are terrible. I would never buy a Goodyuck tire ever. They are not the worst, but not the best. They seem to hydroplane A LOT. Scary.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Cheap brakes? Other than a little bit of a noisy vibration when I’m stopped and the wheels move a quarter of an inch, my brakes are still great after 3 years and. 31,000 miles.

The tires- c’mon man, cut’em a little bit of slack....lol. In my book, they’re not bad new, and even when they’re barely past half worn, their only downfall is ****** traction on downpour-covered roads and even in the slightest bit of ice but they do ride good. At least I think they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wrangler SRA tires were down right dangerous on wet roads. Interestingly enough. They were outstanding on slick packed ice. I was in 4wd Auto and no slipping what do ever. No issues stopping or starting. Couldn't believe how those sucky tires did that day.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yeah,....the brakes on my truck sucked anyways. I had to have the pads/rotors replaced after 15k on the truck. I noticed the squeaking at 13k. That's absolutely terrible.
And the Goodyucks are terrible. I would never buy a Goodyuck tire ever. They are not the worst, but not the best. They seem to hydroplane A LOT. Scary.

Hmm. If I ever do brakes here in the near future, it’ll be just to put something better on.

But while they were new, the SRA’s weren’t bad and I drove them on some pretty drenched and somewhat flooded highways in the rain and they did ok. Not as good as my Michelin’s but definitely better than the SRA’s on my old truck that were a little past half worn. Now those, were downright dangerous. And they sucked on ice or anything even resembling snow but they were getting pretty worn, too.

But yeah since I was pretty impressed with the SRA’s being new, I thought really hard about keeping them for a year or two, then buying new tires but since I knew they wouldn’t be good once the halfway mark came, I just decided to sell them with 1500 miles on them and tried to get a somewhat decent return on them.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wrangler SRA tires were down right dangerous on wet roads. Interestingly enough. They were outstanding on slick packed ice. I was in 4wd Auto and no slipping what do ever. No issues stopping or starting. Couldn't believe how those sucky tires did that day.

I can’t really say how the new SRA‘s were on ice when they were brand new because I didn’t get the pleasure of driving on any icy roads in my new truck until after I put the Michelin‘s on.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Good for a Years? Man, you need to live a little. Best thing I did was swap those crappy stockers. The ride was smoother, handled better (more responsive) and definitely hooked up more. Besides they look like big balloons, haha. Upgraded brakes are a thing of beauty as well. Tones got a good point.

I need to live a little?? Maybe you should reread my post a little closer, I wasn’t like completely praising the tires, I was just saying that while they were brand new, I didn’t think they were all that bad as the general consensus on this website says they are but yes, since I knew where my tires were headed once they tarted wearing and how the half worn SRA‘s were on my old truck when I bought it, I sold my stock tires with only 1500 miles on them for about 400 bucks.

But what did you replace your SRA’s with? I hate to say it, and even though my Michelin defenders are a far better tire than those goodyears could ever be but, the Michelin‘s must be just a little bit heavier of a tire even though they’re P-rated; well, in a way they are because even though it’s not by much, the max load on the SRA’s was like 2601 pounds and the max load on my defenders is 2679 pounds but my goodyears actually rode just a little bit smoother.

Don’t understand the balloon part because my Michelin‘s look just like the SRA’s did so I guess my Michelin‘s are balloons to?… LOL.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need to live a little?? Maybe you should reread my post a little closer, I wasn’t like completely praising the tires, I was just saying that while they were brand new, I didn’t think they were all that bad as the general consensus on this website says they are but yes, since I knew where my tires were headed once they tarted wearing and how the half worn SRA‘s were on my old truck when I bought it, I sold my stock tires with only 1500 miles on them for about 400 bucks.

But what did you replace your SRA’s with? I hate to say it, and even though my Michelin defenders are a far better tire than those goodyears could ever be but, the Michelin‘s must be just a little bit heavier of a tire even though they’re P-rated; well, in a way they are because even though it’s not by much, the max load on the SRA’s was like 2601 pounds and the max load on my defenders is 2679 pounds but my goodyears actually rode just a little bit smoother.

Don’t understand the balloon part because my Michelin‘s look just like the SRA’s did so I guess my Michelin‘s are balloons to?… LOL.

You’re obviously not into the performance side of Ram, and that’s okay. I think you took it a bit too harsh, humor doesn’t translate online very well.
I’ve went with everything from General Grabber UHP’s to Toyo Proxes of each variation. They dead hook and not so much roll in corners. And lower profile, as my truck is lowered. Any all season tires that are 60 to 70 are ballons to me on factory wheels.
Even lifted guys ditch the Good for a Years for better grip. hell most of the vibration in these trucks have a bit to do with those factory tires.
Good to see your view of things, now you know mine. Maybe you’ll find a tire you’re happy with.
Stay safe out there.

Jabberjaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My only complaint ...the boring damn factory tires. I don’t need massive mud boggers, but at least give me some Ridge or Trail Grapplers. That’s it. Other than that I love the truck.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You’re obviously not into the performance side of Ram, and that’s okay. I think you took it a bit too harsh, humor doesn’t translate online very well.
Aside from the humor part- what, just because I don’t necessarily feel the same way as the general consensus towards the SRA’s that I’m all the sudden not into the performance side of Ram? Kind of **** is that?
I’ve went with everything from General Grabber UHP’s to Toyo Proxes of each variation. They dead hook and not so much roll in corners. And lower profile, as my truck is lowered. Any all season tires that are 60 to 70 are ballons to me on factory wheels.
So just because your truck is lowered, it’s normal tire’s fault for looking like balloons? Hmm, ok.

Even lifted guys ditch the Good for a Years for better grip. hell most of the vibration in these trucks have a bit to do with those factory tires.

Well no ****, lifted guys will ditch the factory GoodYears....lol. That kinda goes without say, the SRA’s aren’t off-road tires but I didn’t have no vibration with the stock tires. My vibration came when I had put bora spacers on between the factory wheels and the BFGs I had after the SRA’s. Got rid of the BFG’s after I found out how much air they needed which rode like solid rubber forklift tires and after I removed the spacers, a lot of my vibration went away and after having a road force balance done on my Michelin’s, the vibration is pretty much gone.
Good to see your view of things, now you know mine. Maybe you’ll find a tire you’re happy with.
Stay safe out there.
I did.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My only complaint ...the boring damn factory tires. I don’t need massive mud boggers, but at least give me some Ridge or Trail Grapplers. That’s it. Other than that I love the truck.

Then do like I did... pull em off and sell them while they’re still new and get whatever you want.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aside from the humor part- what, just because I don’t necessarily feel the same way as the general consensus towards the SRA’s that I’m all the sudden not into the performance side of Ram? Kind of **** is that?
The kinda stuff that you think SRA’s aren’t “so bad.” As they don’t hook for crap. Didn’t fair so well in cold, take awhile to warm up. I guess if your truck is a pavement princess or doesn’t race much, they’d be decent tires. last I checked this was things people don’t like about their trucks, the factory tires were on that list.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The kinda stuff that you think SRA’s aren’t “so bad.” As they don’t hook for crap. Didn’t fair so well in cold, take awhile to warm up. I guess if your truck is a pavement princess or doesn’t race much, they’d be decent tires. last I checked this was things people don’t like about their trucks, the factory tires were on that list.

Haha- no, I don’t race my truck and yes, it is a pavement queen so no, when they’re still new, I didn’t think they were all that bad and yes, I know this is the whine thread but that’s not how you put it originally but hey, for whatever you do with your truck, if the factory tires don’t cut it then go get whatever does. Nobody cares but damn, it ain’t the tires fault for not being able to do whatever it is you do with yours.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha- no, I don’t race my truck and yes, it is a pavement queen so no, when they’re still new, I didn’t think they were all that bad and yes, I know this is the whine thread but that’s not how you put it originally but hey, for whatever you do with your truck, if the factory tires don’t cut it then go get whatever does. Nobody cares but damn, it ain’t the tires fault for not being able to do whatever it is you do with yours.

Lmao, I hear ya fella. Figure they’d put a nicer set of tires on a modern muscle truck but I fixed that issue. Enjoy your pick up. Thanks for the laughs.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lmao, I hear ya fella. Figure they’d put a nicer set of tires on a modern muscle truck but I fixed that issue. Enjoy your pick up. Thanks for the laughs.

I know my truck is pretty damn quick for what it is just despite the over-squeezed Egoboost in the Phords but I hardly think of it as a modern day muscle truck but whatever. The SRT 10 Ram was a muscle truck- the new TRX is a muscle truck but not these. But I’m glad your happy and likewise on the laughs.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm. If I ever do brakes here in the near future, it’ll be just to put something better on.

But while they were new, the SRA’s weren’t bad and I drove them on some pretty drenched and somewhat flooded highways in the rain and they did ok. Not as good as my Michelin’s but definitely better than the SRA’s on my old truck that were a little past half worn. Now those, were downright dangerous. And they sucked on ice or anything even resembling snow but they were getting pretty worn, too.

But yeah since I was pretty impressed with the SRA’s being new, I thought really hard about keeping them for a year or two, then buying new tires but since I knew they wouldn’t be good once the halfway mark came, I just decided to sell them with 1500 miles on them and tried to get a somewhat decent return on them.
Michelin makes a great tire. "IF/WHEN" I update the wheels and tires on the Mustang,........I'm going with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. If I can fit 315's out back without rubbing, I'm going with those, if not, I'll go with 305's.

When I need tires for the truck, I'm going with the KO2's. The guys on the Mustang forum say they are great. Some don't like them, but the majority, like 90% of the posts, say they are great.

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
the stupid dash lights not being able to turn off. i get to work in morning turn off lights then the damn dash goes back to full brightness stupid ass crap no need in dash lights burning in day light and if they was going to do it fix the damn things to be turned off

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, one thing I wish..... my truck had.... I don’t dislike it, so don’t get excited, but one thing I wish I had was that feature like what the Chibby’s have when you park your truck, the backup lights illuminate as well like the follow-me-home feature of the headlights when they stay on for a couple minutes.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the stupid dash lights not being able to turn off. i get to work in morning turn off lights then the damn dash goes back to full brightness stupid ass crap no need in dash lights burning in day light and if they was going to do it fix the damn things to be turned off

I guess they just want to make sure your gauges are easily read? That, and since they’re all LED now, they can do that and not burn out as quick?

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Minor gripe here... When getting into the truck, if I don't pay attention and duck a bit I will whack my head on the door jamb. I have to duck an inch or two to keep from smacking my head.

Yup! I’m only 5 11 but smack my head all the time.... it’s been worse since lifting and removing side steps as I have to Throw myself in lol. At least I haven’t had any drain bamage or anything. Anything. Anything. Anything. Anything.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wish I had Uconnect and the 8 speed. I wish I had known more in 16 when I bought my ram. I complain, but it’s been flawless and one of top 2 vehicles ever. It will have to surpass my new body style 04 F150 5.4 3v that went 194k for me with minimal issues that weren’t covered under warranty. That truck last time I tracked it was at 250k no issues. Maintenance is key. My ram is still going do that. It still has as much hemi power as it did day one.