What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Seat adjustment on electric bucket, 12volt socket in console on with key only, soft leather on steering wheel easy to damage, flickering headlights, mds, hemi tick, electric gas pedal. leaking third light, the always on radio, dash lights stay on with key on assy, I guess that's enough for now. :)

chesafreak

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport Crew
Engine
Only had my truck for a couple weeks now. Only thing that I wish was a little different was the rear middle seat wasnt so short. My daughter likes her car seat in the middle so she can see out. But she will be just fine on the sides.. ha

Lot of people say they dont care for the hemi tick. I dont understand the issue. Its an engine that makes noise. As long as it doesnt hurt anything who cares. It is far from the noise diesels put out.

As for electric pedal? Though almost all post 2000 vehicle is DBW. So that would be an issue for any vehicle you get.

jlafollette07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cops around here don't use them either so I'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moledodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DAT HEMIIIIIII 5.7
A lot of the stuff people are saying are very minute issues. Take a second and visit the Ford or godforbid the Chevy truck forums and you will see the most hated issues of those trucks are major mechanical issues such as the leaky diff on the fords and the crappy trannies on the chevy's. The only thing I hate about my Ram is that it won't last forever :(

strmtrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A lot of the stuff people are saying are very minute issues. Take a second and visit the Ford or godforbid the Chevy truck forums and you will see the most hated issues of those trucks are major mechanical issues such as the leaky diff on the fords and the crappy trannies on the chevy's. The only thing I hate about my Ram is that it won't last forever :(

You are correct these about them not lasting forever! If Ram paid attention to threads like this they would be a lot better off. However, cost savings is why they are so popular.

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
Seat adjustment on electric bucket, 12volt socket in console on with key only, soft leather on steering wheel easy to damage, flickering headlights, mds, hemi tick, electric gas pedal. leaking third light, the always on radio, dash lights stay on with key on assy, I guess that's enough for now. :)

if you want full time 12v in your console put fuse 90 in 91 . im not sure that's tee numbers.but owners manual covers it. it the best mod ive made to my ram yet

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
if you want full time 12v in your console put fuse 90 in 91 . im not sure that's tee numbers.but owners manual covers it. it the best mod ive made to my ram yet
that only works for the rear socket and I did it for that one, its just a issue when I run my gps, it turns off with the key and has to be reset, I plug it in back now but the cord barely reaches.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Dislikes:

oem projectors are not real HID's.

Not HIDs at all, nor purported to be.

The fact they aren't very good has nothing to do with the fact that they're not HID - my wife's Explorer has halogen projectors and they are great. Not as good as HIDs, but twice as good as the Ram's.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
1: BW 44-44 and that's all I got to say 'bout dat

No idea what you're talking about.

8: Dagum chrome trim on the center console...

YES!! Really bugs me at night time - there is a constant reflection in the side windows from the overhead ambient light source. I've seriously considered trying to black it out but I'm afraid it won't hold up and then it will look bad directly as well as indirectly.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No idea what you're talking about.

YES!! Really bugs me at night time - there is a constant reflection in the side windows from the overhead ambient light source. I've seriously considered trying to black it out but I'm afraid it won't hold up and then it will look bad directly as well as indirectly.
You can drop the console and unplug that ambient pin-hole light...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Of the items already listed, I will add my amen to:

• Poor light output (HIDs would be nice, but many other-brand halogens are way better than any of the Ram offerings).
  • Rain sensing wipers sometimes go crazy, wiping away when the windshield is clean and dry.
  • Reflective center console chrome trim.
  • MDS - they should give you a way to completely turn it off other than having to spend $1000 on a tuner/PCM.

I'd like to add:
  • No memory on power seats. Really? $1500 leather buckets option and no memory??
  • Auto headlight sensitivity way too high. Turns them on way too early. I don't bother with the auto headlight feature except in the winter where I always leave home before it gets light and leave work after it gets dark, because I like the shut-off delay.
  • The media system automatically switches to, and starts playing my iPhone when plugged in to USB port. Please give me an option to turn it off! I don't keep music on my iPhone, but there are a few audio files and it's really annoying that it switches to and starts playing them when I just need some juice.

Not "dislikes", but places for improvement:
  • Side-step bumper like GM has. I almost kept my '14 GMC just because of this. For us old guys it makes a huge difference getting in the back when the tailgate is down.
  • Give us an option for more power! A Scat Pack or something, +100HP or so. No need for a HellRam IMO (any more than there is need for a HallCat).
  • Oh, and a manual tranny would surely be nice.

As others have mentioned, the vast majority of these "faults" are pretty minor. FCA should be very happy reading this thread, as a lot of the gripes are pretty picky, minority preferences. My Ram is the second nicest vehicle I've ever owned (after my Mercedes CLS 550), but by far the most overall practical and the one I would/did choose if I had to have just one.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members