What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I don't like the wet headliner and 2" of water under the right rear seat.
I don't like trying every fix known here & YouTube including a new OEM brake light and having it still leak.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
OK, here's my latest - the clock. Yes, it's about 0.1 on the 0-10 scale but I tend to be hypercritical (yes, I've been talking to my wife).

The clock is often way off.

Often it's off by exactly an hour. OK - maybe it's a matter of DST. But when I started it today at 2:00pm EDT, it showed 7:08. I don't have any other documented times, but it has several times had 10:xx when I leave for work at 6:20-6:30.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I don't like all the attention my Powerwagon gets.! >: )
Might help to de-badge. I have always taken every brand/model badge/decal off I can, within reason. My dealer does most of it, for "no charge".

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Brakes that squeal at certain pedal pressure, no matter how many times I've cleaned and serviced them. Even tried roughing the surface with a sanding disk.

The fact that I now have the title, but it's sitting at the body shop (deer) waiting on insurance approval to replace the bedside. I have a Kia Sorento for a rental...bleh.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The noise will be from back of the pad try CRC 75016 on back of pads

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only thing I really dislike on MY 19 lowly trim equipped Bighorn is the Poor Performing AC on the early Build Gen 5's like I have.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The noise will be from back of the pad try CRC 75016 on back of pads
I'm well aware of brake grease and have done it twice. Pins and all contact points on the pads. Eventually I'll just do the brakes and be done with it.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If MY 19 sits for a lot of days, I get rust on the rotors and a squeak, since I have to back out initially. After the rotors moving and working off the rust, quiets down. A real PITA, but my only option would be to replace OEM with Wagner/Powerstop pads and/or rotors, and the expense not worth it since I do not drive a lot. IF I drove a lot, I would just go Powerstop, but that is just me, and all IMHO.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let's see,..................
I've mentioned it before, but it really ****** ****** me off, so I'm going to mention it again. lol

Squeaky driver window when going down, not all the time, but sometimes.
Rusty rear wheel well, not bad, but it's there.
The MDS is pretty much my biggest gripe. Along with the rust.
A couple other things that I'm not mentioning.

The kicker??!!? ONLY 26,500 miles on the truck. That's it.
The issues started wayyyyy before the 26,500 miles. Probably 10,000 miles ago. Pretty poor if you ask me for a rcsb Sport 4X4 that cost over 44k back in 2016.
I think my next vehicle will probably be an awd car. I LOVE the Audi cars as well as the Mercedes Benz AMG cars. NASTY!
We'll see what the future holds. :favorites13: :head3:

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any of you guys have your USB media not recognized every once in a while???

I use a thumbdrive for music as the radio doesn't play what I want to hear. Every once in a while, the truck doesn't recognize the media. For instance, I'll go to the bank after work and then when I get in, it automatically plays the radio and cannot recognize device, even though the device is connected properly. :crazy: :crazy: :gayfight: LOL
Add this to the list of stuff I hate about my current Ram truck.
I do kinda miss my last Ram truck, but it was getting dated. Not crappy, but dated. It was a '05 Daytona rcsb in GoMango Orange and was in great condition.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I use a thumbdrive for music as the radio doesn't play what I want to hear. Every once in a while, the truck doesn't recognize the media. For instance, I'll go to the bank after work and then when I get in, it automatically plays the radio and cannot recognize device, even though the device is connected properly. :crazy: :crazy: :gayfight: LOL
I do kinda miss my last Ram truck, but it was getting dated. Not crappy, but dated. It was a '05 Daytona rcsb in GoMango Orange and was in great condition.
I haven't had that problem in either of my Rams. ('14 & '19)

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Yep, I have an old iPod I use for music in the truck and every so often it doesn't recognize it. I have to unplug it from the USB cable and plug it back in again, then it recognizes it....

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score

I haven't so far, '12.

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The HEMI Tick.. it's embarrassing when you fire it up next to a group of people and tick tick tick.
The UConnect.. buy a 50k truck and they want to rob you with monthly charges and $600 for navigation that is technically your property being that it already on it. I hate uconnect so much, I'm fixing to go aftermarket..

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yep, I have an old iPod I use for music in the truck and every so often it doesn't recognize it. I have to unplug it from the USB cable and plug it back in again, then it recognizes it....
I have the same problem. Plus it doesn't charge it until it's in use or switch it off like my old trucks did. Have to plug it into the other USB in the console or the battery is dead every time. Probably just replace it with a USB stick.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Here's one that's kinda baffling.

Probably about once a week when I start the truck after being off for a few hours, the clock is off. On a very rare occasion it is exactly off by the DST vs ST difference - i.e. this morning it said 5:28 when it was actually 6:28. BUT MANY TIMES it is off by several hours, and not to the minute or even close to it.

After 1-3 minutes it re-sets to the correct time.

Here's what's puzzling to me.

* Where is it getting the correct time from? I could see GPS, although I don't have GPS "enabled" on my truck.
* To the above point, if it IS getting time from GPS, why does it allow me to change the time to whatever I want? Semi-related side note, I had a relatively late model Mercedes where you could change the time, but only in increments that aligned with standard time zones. IOW, +/- a half hour