What gear do you keep in your Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
Flashlight, jumper cables, bic lighter, small volt meter, water, tire gauge, tire pump, tire repair plugs, 4 way lug wrench, Coleman cot/with pad and sleeping bag in my cap, extra fuses, sunglasses and a rain coat. For long trips, a small tool kit, a 2nd spare tire, ice chest and anything I might need. The gun is always on me with more ammo on long trips.
PS 1st aid kit and water.
Another PS tire chains.

Last edited:

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Everything. In the cab...A gazillion pounds of ratchets and sockets under the seat, screwdrivers, wrenches and other assorted tools (a holdover from the days when I needed tools with me...just in case), spare reading glasses, spare sunglasses, flashlight, ipad, notebook, and other assorted things I never know when I'll need them.

In the bed I keep a tough box...compressor, jumper cables, small tackle box, blanket, water, first aid kit, an espresso maker that plugs into my cigarette lighter, power converter, rain jacket, hoodie, and a ton of crap just in case my wife needs/forgets something. (most things in my truck came from my wife needing something).

I also keep a small step stool in the bed for my mother in law (she's 90) and two inexpensive rods and reels...in case the mood hits while driving past a small pond.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Battery Jumper (about the size of a big cell phone), Blow Out Kit, Heavy Trauma Kit, Bug Out Bag, my Kabar from the service, AR-15, My bulletproof vest with 10 30 round mags and 8 pistol mags, two cell phone cords with wall plug, bible, tool kit, straps, change of clothes, DOP kit, extra fuses, Funnel, flares, a qt of oil and tranny fluid I think that's it. I always carry on my person a Gerber Tanto folder, kabar folder, flashlight, Colt .45 Double stack, 40 Compact SW, SERE kit, $600 cash :)

HockeyPops

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jumper cables
Ratchet straps & bungee cords
Small tool set
First Aid kit
Mace
Brass knuckles

You guys have given me some good ideas of what to add.

Thanks all

HockeyPops

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Battery Jumper (about the size of a big cell phone), Blow Out Kit, Heavy Trauma Kit, Bug Out Bag, my Kabar from the service, AR-15, My bulletproof vest with 10 30 round mags and 8 pistol mags, two cell phone cords with wall plug, bible, tool kit, straps, change of clothes, DOP kit, extra fuses, Funnel, flares, a qt of oil and tranny fluid I think that's it. I always carry on my person a Gerber Tanto folder, kabar folder, flashlight, Colt .45 Double stack, 40 Compact SW, SERE kit, $600 cash :)[/QUOT

Obviously no midnight change thieves in your town!

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They couldn't get into my truck if they tried, only way is with the jaws of life :D I have been to really bad cities for work and nothing was ever taken lol

rojo_143

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
3' Tow strap, 2 D ring clevis's, 4 ratchet straps, a few red rags/microfiber clothes, mechanix gloves, military issue foldable shovel, couple packets of 2 minute epoxy, jumper cables, wool blanket, multi tool, knife and 2 flashlight.

PapaCap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
3.0 liter eco-diesel
Misc tools, a "floor jack" , a couple of knives, extra oil, battery jumper w/ air and a charger for phone, hitch head and 2 different size hitch balls, tie down straps, tow strap, impact wrench w/ sockets, a four way spinner, water, Poorboy's bug Squash and bug sponge and the MOST IMPORTANTLY---my .45 with extra clips.
Jay
You mean magazines :gr_guns:

Mike Murphy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Deleted
Engine
Deleted
The Arizona guys may know what I mean, as well as others. The truck is equipped with an ice chest full of ice and water, daily. The truck also carries a tow strap, shovels, and every possible hitch ball size, including the stingers. I tend to frequent the desert and find more new people stuck and buried without proper supplies. Occasionally a veteran breaks something. I also frequent the river a lot and end up moving boats and trailers of various kinds. It is so much fun to be in the middle of the desert when it's 118F or so degrees. We have been know as Desert Rats. Although, I'm a Scorpion.

69CQZqH.png

PapaCap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
3.0 liter eco-diesel
Jumper cables
Ratchet straps & bungee cords
Small tool set
First Aid kit
Mace
Brass knuckles

You guys have given me some good ideas of what to add.

Thanks all
What? No monkey fist?

Niklas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Construction hat, vest, boots, sunscreen, wrench, pliers, extra set of clothes, gas can, charger cables, extra sunglasses

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
OK, for the sake of this thread I cleaned out my truck (it needed it anyway) and took stock of what all I kept in my truck. This is the stuff that typically STAYS in the truck. Depending on what job I may be working on, other job-specific tool bag or box will come and go. All of this stuff resides in the glove box, door pockets, under and behind the back seat, in the floor pockets, and in my bed-mounted tool box. I have more or less broken them up into functional groups.

IFAK
2-days medications
spare pair of glasses
3x MRE's
6-pack water
"pillbottle" fishing kit
DEET
sunscreen
2x change of "outdoor" clothes (shirt, jeans, t-shirt, underwear, socks, 2x 24x24 terrycloth shop towel)
change of "office" clothes (polo shirt, khaki pants, t-shirt, underwear, socks, 2x 24x24 terrycloth shop towel)
boonie hat
2x Army poncho
high vis safety vest
marine rain suit
2x leather work gloves
3-pack marine flares
4-pack road flares
3-4 pocket note pads
pens and mechanical pencils
5-6 or so cigarette lighters
box 9mm, box of 22LR

solar USB charger
misc USB device chargers/cords
2M jpole and dipole HF antenna
50' RG-58 and 50' RG-59 coax
D-cell Mag flashlight
2x AA Mag flashlight
LED headlamp
spare D and AA batteries
misc cigarette lighter cords

jumper cables
spare fuses and bulbs
battery terminal tool
universal battery terminals
wire crimp splices
2x electrical tape

30' snatch strap
2x 3/8x20' chain
misc short chain, hooks and clevis'
rope and assorted cord
bungee cords
4-pack 10' ratchet straps

60" HiLift jack
4way lug wrench
spare lug nuts
tire plug kit
small air compressor w/gauge
3x cans tire patch/inflate

fuel filter
drive belt
siphon hose

2x fire extinguisher
basic tools
long 1/2" breaker bar w/sockets
pry bar
shovel
axe
GoJoe hand cleaner
rags
roll of "blue" paper shop towels
duct tape
surveyors tape
bricklayers string

2x Quart oil
2x Quart power steering fluid
2x Quart transmission fluid
2x Quart 90-weight oil
funnel
starting fluid
WD-40

2x 10x10 tarps
2x 8x8 furniture blanket

factory tire jack /lug wrench
trailer hitch w/ extra pins
3-way change a ball set
pintle hitch

south7west

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 LoneStar
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK, for the sake of this thread I cleaned out my truck (it needed it anyway) and took stock of what all I kept in my truck. This is the stuff that typically STAYS in the truck. Depending on what job I may be working on, other job-specific tool bag or box will come and go. All of this stuff resides in the glove box, door pockets, under and behind the back seat, in the floor pockets, and in my bed-mounted tool box. I have more or less broken them up into functional groups.

IFAK
2-days medications
spare pair of glasses
3x MRE's
6-pack water
"pillbottle" fishing kit
DEET
sunscreen
2x change of "outdoor" clothes (shirt, jeans, t-shirt, underwear, socks, 2x 24x24 terrycloth shop towel)
change of "office" clothes (polo shirt, khaki pants, t-shirt, underwear, socks, 2x 24x24 terrycloth shop towel)
boonie hat
2x Army poncho
high vis safety vest
marine rain suit
2x leather work gloves
3-pack marine flares
4-pack road flares
3-4 pocket note pads
pens and mechanical pencils
5-6 or so cigarette lighters
box 9mm, box of 22LR

solar USB charger
misc USB device chargers/cords
2M jpole and dipole HF antenna
50' RG-58 and 50' RG-59 coax
D-cell Mag flashlight
2x AA Mag flashlight
LED headlamp
spare D and AA batteries
misc cigarette lighter cords

jumper cables
spare fuses and bulbs
battery terminal tool
universal battery terminals
wire crimp splices
2x electrical tape

30' snatch strap
2x 3/8x20' chain
misc short chain, hooks and clevis'
rope and assorted cord
bungee cords
4-pack 10' ratchet straps

60" HiLift jack
4way lug wrench
spare lug nuts
tire plug kit
small air compressor w/gauge
3x cans tire patch/inflate

fuel filter
drive belt
siphon hose

2x fire extinguisher
basic tools
long 1/2" breaker bar w/sockets
pry bar
shovel
axe
GoJoe hand cleaner
rags
roll of "blue" paper shop towels
duct tape
surveyors tape
bricklayers string

2x Quart oil
2x Quart power steering fluid
2x Quart transmission fluid
2x Quart 90-weight oil
funnel
starting fluid
WD-40

2x 10x10 tarps
2x 8x8 furniture blanket

factory tire jack /lug wrench
trailer hitch w/ extra pins
3-way change a ball set
pintle hitch

Wow! If I ever break down I'm calling you for sure. I feel ashamed to say all I've got is my tools (2 different socket wrench sets, torque wrench, electric impact wrench, and a couple misc. stuff.)

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Wow! If I ever break down I'm calling you for sure. I feel ashamed to say all I've got is my tools (2 different socket wrench sets, torque wrench, electric impact wrench, and a couple misc. stuff.)

I have so much "stuff" because I've worked in remote places and hunted the swamps of Florida all my life... Your buggy breaks down a few miles into the 'glades and you're the only one going to get you out. Also, because of my work changing week to week or sometimes day to day, I have to make sure I have everything I need with me, even if I don't have one of my "specialty" tool bag kits in the truck. Sometimes I have to McGyver something with what's on hand, so I try to have a variety of stuff on hand! LOL Some things on my list are overkill and have never been used, but again, if I get stuck somewhere off road, I just might need that widget from under the back seat...

A while back I had to fix a scissors lift that someone had run into a door frame and bent the safety switch bracket into a pretty useless position... Small sledge hammer, pry bar and a 3' long crescent wrench moved the metal back into a working position... My boss asked me why the hell I had a 3' crescent wrench in my truck... I just shrugged my shoulders and said "Doesn't everyone?" LOL

smithwicks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Battery Jumper (about the size of a big cell phone), Blow Out Kit, Heavy Trauma Kit, Bug Out Bag, my Kabar from the service, AR-15, My bulletproof vest with 10 30 round mags and 8 pistol mags, two cell phone cords with wall plug, bible, tool kit, straps, change of clothes, DOP kit, extra fuses, Funnel, flares, a qt of oil and tranny fluid I think that's it. I always carry on my person a Gerber Tanto folder, kabar folder, flashlight, Colt .45 Double stack, 40 Compact SW, SERE kit, $600 cash :)

Holy hell! Police??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
12v air compressor with light, jumper cables under the rear seat. i think i have a plugger kit under too and a a-b-c fire extinguisher.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Noco gb40 booster, dewalt socket kit, flash lights, latex gloves, needle nose and channel locks, trimax adjustable hitch, 2 smalls ratchet straps and 1 tow strap.